12/02/05 NYC concert chat

Couch Tomato

Angela and Quiana just came out. Quiana: "Hi" and then buffering, yet again. Always at the key moments. Pursuing Angela. Angela: "Hi everybody. Merry Christmas. Who am I talking to. Clayversity? Thank you for supporting us" How cool - I don't think I have every heard Angela's speaking voice.

Angela hugged the cellcerter, and the cellcerter cried. Angela says she didn't go to "The Color Purple", because she wasn't feeling well. Regarding Reading, Clay is okay.

SUV is nearby, with a barricade. She expects Clay out shortly.

Edited by bottlecap

Gregory and his dad came out. G's dad is performing with the theater group. He's quite tall.

WJ is signing autographs. Cellcerter seems to be a little disappointed that WJ is married with kids. She is the most fun reporter eva!

Still waiting for Clay.

Couchie, I don't think the stream has ever gone on this long, and I certainly haven't hung on this late before. Good thing tomorrow isn't a work day!

Talking to a M&Ger now. "I had a wonderful M&G. He's so handsome. I'm in love!"

Still hanging in there waiting for Clay to come out.

Edited by bottlecap

Still trying to chase down M&Gers as they come out for comments. I love these aggressive New Yorkers. :P

Cellcerter seems smitten with WJ - he was giving out hugs and kisses on the cheek to the fans. Discussing what would happen if Clay did that. The mind boggles.

Edited by bottlecap

I believe Clay came out with Raleigh, wasn't clear on that. Anyway, Clay has left the building.

And we're done. Had a blast, and now I have to try to calm down and go to bed. You can go back to your basketball game Couchie!

eta: Saturday morning. I wanted to add this from the cellcerter's written recap at the CV, so some of the comments are clearer.

butterflyshine wrote:

More detail...i was doing the cellcert for CV...i talked to the security guard and they told me they had a zero tolerence on the flashes and no video cameras...<snip>

I talked to the head security guard and he said that he never saw a more dedicated and organized group of fans. He also told me that he liked it more than he thought he would.

I also had a chance to meet the tour physician. No one is sick but she occassionally checks on everyone, my guess is to make sure that they ward off any vocal problems. The young girl who had been talking to her before i came up to them scared her off, after i intro myself

I met William Joseph and he said a brief hi to the CV cellstream. What a sweetie this venue is very strict about clearing the venue out by 11:00...they wouldn't let William Joseph do his fan greetings in the lobby, moved him to the foyer and then finally out on the sidewalk...it was too funny and while we were standing there they pulled half of the security gate down. He is a sweetie...so easy on the eyes and very talented.

I also had Patricia and Quiana do brief hellos on the cellcert.

I went over to Angela, and she had a brief conversation with the Cellcert. She is so sweet, i told her song affected me and she told me don't you cry or i'll start crying. She gave me a hug. I asked her if Clay went to the Color Purple premire and she said she didn't know b/c she didn't feel well last night and stayed in her room. I asked her about Reading and she said Clay is fine, i told her how terrible i thought it was and she assured me Clay was fine.

I did wait for Clay to come out and he looked adorable in a down jacket with a hood. He shook hands and then jumped in his SUV. Jerome was carrying Raleigh and she is just so cute.

Very few screamers at this concert..so it should have good mp3s...

Edited by bottlecap

Your done? I just got back!

Ask me anything!

Well, here is my recap - mostly about non-Clay and non-concert things. _ hey, I am getting old, my mind drifts.

NYC 12/2 recap

OK, I wanted to write my show before I read anything else and possibly was influenced by other views.

Trip in was not uneventful, but was very uninteresting, so we will skip it.

Come into theater and I am surprised, this is not a run down dive, but a nice theatre with a little too much gilt (heh, a leetle joke, eh? - hey I have a dog that missed me all over me right now, we have never been separated for this long before! It is not easy to be clever while being covered in dog kisses.) Second surprise, the seats are not narrow at all but very cushy, and, as some people know, I do not have a narrow behind. Not even close. Then I see how the seats are soooo close, nice close seats (would pet close seat, except I am home now).

Alrighty then, nicely ensconced in my seat - William Joseph comes on - he is a very nice looking young man, must have gotten married as a child. He plays, he talks, he is OK, I would not buy tickets just for him. Lights up - Meet JulesRules and YSRN stops by. Will you get a cellcert to night???? Well, you did.

Lights go down. Message plays and obviously most of the floor audience is on-line as they cheer so loudly that a lot of the message is obscured by cheering. I am not sure of the point, except as just another way to tell Clay you love him. Curtain goes up (first thing I notice is that the curtains are familiar - waste not/want not, Clay?) Then the small roar from the audience as Clay appears - The first set - I was surprised, no matter how much video you watch, well as much as I watched, I had no idea how the whole show was integrated and there was never just song and never just acting, every piece is integrated and everything falls neatly into place. Clay is always in character - I had heard that before, but it is different seeing it and realizing the challenge of it. He did good. The songs were very appropriate, but unlike others I did not cry in the appropriate spots for the appropriate reasons - since I did pretty much start bawling at one part, let me explain quickly and hope this passes without notice. When Angela came out to sing, her voice was very high, my mind wandered into thinking that only some dogs could hear all the notes - which wandered into, OH NO! I have to buy a Christmas tree next week and how will I keep the "dog from hell" from destroying it, I will have to use only plastic ornaments, rather than the crystal, etc. which then brought me back to thinking of how when Sadie (my dog that died over 1 year ago) was a puppy, I had to buy plastic chewable ornaments for the bottom of the tree, because I would put them on the bottom of the tree, and in the morning, she would have taken them off and put them in one pile - I would put them back on the tree, and when I got back from work, there would be the pile of ornaments agin. It was kind of funny - so, with all the people I have lost in my life over the last 15 years, I do miss Sadie most of all at Christmas - as Angela was singing - end of silly story. During CMH, I was trying to recover from crying to pay too much attention, good thing I have more than one show.

Intermission - I trotted about to look up in the balcony, saw a goodly number of people there, came back down and saw Runningfree in the lobby - I keep meeting her at all these events since the AI2 concert - Soon Keimer joins us - she was the originator of the JF no-L rumor I give her credit or blame, whichever. Back to the seat to see Julesrules talking to a neighbor - hope she recaps that story - she was a real one of a kind! Second half about to start - so far, I had not noticed any flashes.

Curtain up with an enthusiatic crowd. Clay hits those low notes that reverberate in my bones and possibly my soul should I have one of those dang things. Ho low can he go! I know some people have answered this, but they have answered in notes and I want to know in flesh and bone. Songs are greeted with applause, which tends to throw me a little, standing ovations are being given. Where I feel I should be in awed silence, others are giving their love - there is no doubt this is an internet crowd here. A few scattered flashes, nothing serious. Amazing half. Quiana closes and does it very well indeed. She is acting as well and is doing very well.

The rest of the show. Yes a few dozen flashes distracted in DSIAFCD - Most were from the Loge or Balcony - they were coming up and behind me from the shadows. Then there was one woman who took a picture with her cell phone and flash over to the far left, near the front. I think someone spoke to her, I never saw a flash again from there. This was probably better than it had been anywhere else, but that did not stop security from pacing back and forth in front of me. I know it is the price we have to pay for that, but no one in front of me (right side) flashed. Of course, Clay had to confuse people by flirting with Quiana during the Hug lyrics. She played him back so cutely with the biggest smile on her face. ANd the crew just gave Clay such a pointing at when he hit the big note - of course, I could not see everyone because the midsection gave another standing ovation. I just want it never to be said that fans do not get good floor seats! I swear it was almost an all internet floor as you could tell by the flash reactions. Good news - I am sure you know there were about a 1/2 dozen flashes, again, many from above. I am trying to think what made it worse for me, the flash or the crowd reacting to it. No way was this a not-one-of-us-crowd on the floor. I have an opinion, I really don't like the song Good News, I think that Clay really sells it, but the song by itself is a snoozer for me. As I left, I noticed all the small children sleeping and thought they might have agreed with me. Of course, it does not help that security guy kept going back and forth in front of me all GN. SOrt of interrupts the effect and blocks the view.

I believe Clay left happy, I am sure he felt that his fans were out to protect him. Tomorrow will the flash test, I think there will be more casual fans there.

Leaving - I thought I would just run home and do the rest of the laundry - but who do I see, or rather, who sees me first? But Yamyam01 - she her own story to tell of course, but with her busy life, I am not sure she will get a chance to post. She was sitting closer than I was and she says she believes she saw almost a smile/smirk when people loudly reacted to the flash. So, we can assume he knows. Well, we accompanied each other to the busses and went home.

Edited by playbiller

PLAYBILLER IN BOLD

Your done? I just got back!

Ask me anything!

Bwah!

Lights go down. Message plays and obviously most of the floor audience is on-line as they cheer so loudly that a lot of the message is obscured by cheering.

You said what I was thinking as I was listening. Can anybody hear with the cheering. What's the point of cheering.

since I did pretty much start bawling at one part, let me explain quickly and hope this passes without notice.

It did not!

Curtain up with an enthusiatic crowd. Clay hits those low notes that reverberate in my bones and possibly my soul should I have one of those dang things.

heeee

I am trying to think what made it worse for me, the flash or the crowd reacting to it. No way was this a not-one-of-us-crowd on the floor.

I really hope that people read your recap and just let the security do it's job. Thanks for your recap.