12/03/05 NYC Beacon Theater

Couch Tomato

Couchie, that pisses me off almost as much as the flash thing. That's taking money right out of Clay's pocket.

CV stream isn't doing any reporting so far from the intermission, so I haven't heard any attendance numbers, or more importantly, what color the stripes in the socks are.

Back from intermission, and the musical interlude at the beginning of the church vignette. Applause for the reappearance of the angel in the white suit. I can even hear the magic "jingles" over the stream. Wow.

"O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining"

There are so many cringe-worthy performances of this song by other singers. I don't want to hear anyone else's version at this point....

yes he did. O Come All Ye Faithful..I love the last "oh come let us adore him" on that song. Always have.

I can't wait to hear Emmanuel in person.

mary did you know... will he get the words right tonight...although I never care..as long as he keeps singing.

How many times do you buffer?

Well, the cellstream went out for everybody at CV, and now I can't get back into the site at all. At least the concert ended on a high note for me.

I'll hang around for a little bit longer to see if things get reconnected, but I'm thinking it's a sign that I should try to get to bed a decent time tonight. ['Cause after all, it's all about me.... :P ]

Band intros

he really pumping up WJ..and said you can give his album out as Xmas gifst along side Merry Xmas with Love! Great response from the crowd on that one.

Lots of laughing tonight during intros but I can't make out what he's saying

The stream is definitely kaput, and I'm probably going to have to get up early tomorrow and shovel snow before I go to church, if the forecast is right. I bid you all "Good Night,". I'm off to dream of the fabulous Clack that is sure to come out of this concert.

Ok I guess Felix was messing up during the introductions...whatever beat he was supposed to give the girls on their hip shakes ..he messed up. Clay said there may be a new drummer tomorrow night.

A hug is warmer when you're in it... Clay did that to the audience... eyebrow wiggle

Lots of clack to come

One flash during Good News...cellcerter thought there was going to be a riot.

Somebody outside the Beacon hawking Clay items for one dollar..but it's old AI stuff and an old People Mag photo... he needs to get with the times to sell stuff to Clay Aiken.

No flash problem tonight.

The cast pointed at Clay during the glory note of DSIAFCD..first they were jumping up and down and then they pointed... it was very cute.

No hip movements from Clay.

Pants were hanging...cellcerter thinks he's losing weight

cellcerter thought tonight was amazing..he sounded even better than last night. He was so into it.

Gregory did big bow..Clay wanted Gregory's mic turned on..but only for a minute..then turn it right back off! I guess he had family there.

Somebody tried to give Clay flowers tonight during the show..he wouldn't take them. WJ got flowers

That's it...cellcerter has a train to catch.

NYC - 12/3 the sequel

OK, another writing the review before reading anyone else's

Went to Saturday's show with the unusual Momtim - why do I say that she is unusual - because the woman is a dog whisperer - I know she is going to tell you what a polite reserved and well mannered dog I have, but she was only that way as long as she could see Momtim. In of sight of Momtim, Holly was not an old crazy dog running around without manners, no jumping up and down to look out windows, or unrestrained barking. Anyway - off for our adventure

we got to the show and separated to our respective seats - the person I sold the seat to did not show up, so I had an extra seat next to me again. It was a fantastic seat - 7th row on the opposite side of the stage than the previous day.

William Joseph - now I could see his hands and it was good. I enjoyed watching his hands, that is until the last song where he right hand moved so fast that I had a mirage of his hand being large and yellow - basically 3 times the size of a normal hand and moving slowly. It was quite weird, yet I could not get my eyes to really see his hand as normal and fast moving - it was some recognition problem. I hope more people have had this experience, it was pretty freaky and I don't want to be the only person in the CH for this experience.

The audience was again largely an internet group, you could tell by the announcement and the cheers at the no flash mention and the waving of tape in hands in the air. This wa a date night or something because there were more couples, although the majority were women. I had very enthusiastic fans in front of me. The show starts and I try to focus on all that I missed las t night. Sometimes it is hard to watch Clay rather than the action, it was like I was switching focus back and forth - Sunday, I sit far back to take in the whole show, it might be easier - so I decided to just concentrate on Clay since I was so close. He did seem to enjoy the theatrical parts so much, that I started thinking maybe he really wanted some part of broadway. But then I woke up again and remembered he wants it all, greedy greedy. The show was better than the day before, or maybe I just felt that way. Clay seemed more into it and relaxed. First half great, second half greater - although I do think I did not like the lighting so much at the beginning of the second half. Am I the only person who thinks, damn that guy is thin whenever I see him walk out on the stage? Really, really thin - distracts my concentration a little, but then he sings and I am back hearing that voice. Sometimes if was so carried away the I forgot and closed my eyes just to listen - bad Clay fan, you are close now and you close your eyes? Plenty of time for that tomorrow. How does this guy get better each show?

Intros seems like Clay was in rare form and enjoyed playing with the crowd, after all the standing ovations (more than the day before) there seemed to be enough time to play with the crew - a lot of time with the feature women. He did threaten to get another drummer and that caused a few people to gasp. I did seem to miss what happened when he winked at someone in the audience duringthe hug line. sometimes it is easier not being in the audience in figuring out what is happening. GN - started great, had a flash (a few rows in front of me) audience murmur and reaction kind of threw me off for the rest of the song. I was sitting near where Angela was singing and she was so into it, you could almost feel her concentration.

Then it was over - we trotted over to the stage door ( does that make us stage door Janies?) to wait for Clay, where we met a nice family of a Mother and two daughters with the father standing away as if he did not want to be associated with them. Clay flew by, I did not even see him, he, you takes your chances - went back home and pretty much passed out, after taking the dog out for a final time for the night.