12/06/05 Boston, MA

Couch Tomato

The two tours this year could not have been at more opposite ends, unless one went for purely bawdy, of course. But vocally stretching to the limits. I had fun and spent more on Clay this year than I would have on CDS.

I think the issue is did it grow fans. I guess we have to take into consideration if it grew Clay.

Those going to Clearwater - are you going to the pre-party? Maybe I will get to meet you????????? I'm going to 4 of the Florida concerts and got to go to Chicago. Yes, we spent a little more than the cost of a CD on OMC this year!

Quiana and My Grownup Christmas List.

I wonder if part of the reason Clay sang this for the GMA appearance was because Andy, William, and Daniel already had the arrangement worked out. It seems like it would be difficult to learn / arrange new music in the middle of a tour.

Speaking of the middle of the tour, did anyone ever hear anything about Jacob's NE gigs? Wasn't one of them supposed to be last night?

Well, I guess I had better stop laughing at KCE thinking Kelly would get nominated for MGUCL.....

katy, I will be at both Clearwater concerts, but am bringing my grandson, so not going to parties.

I am trying to talk people into attending - no, I don't think they will spray silly string.....I may start a rumor that either Clay will announce his engagement, or that he will be giving each person at the last concert his new CD.

Nice applause for Quiana.

I understand that people don't want to have to wait so long for a new album but shit happens. My fantasy about what happened is probably no where near the reality but I'm just glad Clay is doing things the way he wants them done. So don't really care how long it takes. The tours this year - the JBT and JNT - have allowed him to grow in all sorts of ways and I'm loving it.

Oh the reason that they are discussing Grammies is that his name appeared on an early list before it was pared down - so it is not completely off the wall. although it could have been the producer listed.

I can't quite make out the chatter Anyone?

There must be a microwave tower near the venue or something.

Edited by playbiller

Don't know what happened there - will definitely need to see the Clack or get a report on what went down. Random hugging?

Apparently addressing one of the kids from the community theater: "It's my show. If you want your own show you can go and lose on American Idol yourself." BWAH!

Edited by bottlecap

From the Clayboard

Oh my, what screamers.

Talking about how he's been through the Boston area a few times in the last few years.

About how how difficult it is to do this tour.

Learned so much about families.

Talking about the family on stage, behind stage, under stage

intro the local theater.. think allison did it..really cuttin out now..10 year old kid.. give round of applause for these kids..he says WHAT this is my show. .if you have someting to say got to AI and say it..

still talking to the screamer in the audience.. said coem here what did you say..said you had something so important that you had to talk in during my program.. think he is certing with someone..but you gotta be quiet.. anyone else talks.. you will not get something.. giving her a round of applause..
Edited by playbiller

Oh oh - Elizachord is going to get in trouble with a bad Canadian imitation of Eva - No vault for her!

So Clay was talking to a chattering audience member when he said it was his show. He hugged a screamer in the audience rather than punish them.

Sang the hug is warmer to the generic audience, rather than one specific.

No flair from the performers tonight. Whole show rather low keyed.

Dancers and 'Dudley" left through lobby already.

ANd good night to all.

Edited by playbiller

Thanks for the commentaries everyone...I did fall asleep...nyquil will always do it to me. But caught the final cellstream commentaries.

I will join you again for next concert...I think this format is much better so next time I will just paste on commentaries from other boards if they are different from what is being said here...