12/11 Camden,NJ

Ansamcw

Preconcert cellcerter report: 2700 tickets sold; venue has jumbotrons. Commented on the beautiful red curtain just waiting to come up.

I looked at the venue website earlier this evening, and from the description given, it looks like it is an open venue in the summer, that can somehow be enclosed for the winter. I wonder how the acoustics will be.

William Joseph is doing his opening number, Carol of the Bells.

Audience screamer to WJ: "You RAWK!" WJ: "Thank you". The man is very succinct.

The stream is not the greatest tonight - not sure how long I'll hang in there unless it gets better.

Kashmir.

Edited by bottlecap

A comment from a poster on the Clayboard about Clay's coughing last night:

I just want to tell everyone, I had friends at the Stub Hub M&G last night. Clay was coughing and such because he accidentally inhaled the fake snow on stage, which is like soap (and hense it disappears after a while) and that is why he was coughing. Because it irritated his nose and throat. So he isn't sick. You can RELAX! Just thought you'd like to know!

Snorting soapy snow - Ouch!

First intermission reports: Venue is filling up, except for the corners. The jumbotrons are in use - cellcerter thought it was very cool to see close ups of WJ's hands.

Discussing the pashmina - love the quality. Maybe they'll go on sale after the JNT.

Seating in front of a woman who has no idea who Clay is - her friend brought her. Will have to see what she thinks about Clay as the concert progress.

A good mixture of people: men, teenagers, twenty somethings., couples..

Guesstimating 80% full based on the available seats.

Yeah, the CV stream went through three different phones during the WJ before settling on the best one. (An advantage of starting then, so they can experiment with reception before the important stuff begins.)

Cellcerter is dissing the crappy Christmas music and commercials playing on the jumbotrons before the concert starts.

Apparently, they are now scrolling text messages on the jumbotrons. Shades of the JBT.

Starting a little a late tonight... doing the rhythmic clapping.

Cellcerter checking out the four tough-looking biker type dudes in front of her.

Technical difficulties announcement from the stage..to start in a few moments.

Edited by bottlecap

From CB:

still reading text messages..

clay we love you

cv.. trying to do one now..

something big happening..put up that the Gaints won.. crowd wild tongiht..

---

There having technical diffaculties tonight again

---

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES ARE BEING INCOURED AT THIS TIME !! STAY TUNED !!

Christmas time...not as good reception as last night...a bit underwater sounding...

he sounds great though...voice sounds very strong...4 nights straight hope it holds up.

I am terribly torned between the concert and survivor finale.

First vignette...

Maybe they are rehearsingthe Jumbo trons for the large audience at the RBC.

I don't know if you saw what I posted about the E! American Idol Girls Rule show - but it cracked me up. Just before they started the show they had a little quiz question - what runner up bought his brother a firebird. Clay is everywhere. Hehe

Edited by playbiller

I would call this recception about average...but much better than the beginning. At I think this is the third phone they tried...

hee yeah playbiller I just read that...its a cute quiz.

ourcheeksareniceanrosyandcomfyandcozyarewe....

oh the reception is better on this song very clear...

I'm just picturing those hands in fists giddyapping when he sings it. Wait until I have to imagine his knees in Jingle bells !

Eh, I fell asleep in the theater watching the penguins - totally missed that it was the males left behind.

Edited by playbiller

EEEEEEEE my favorite song.....JB, I hated it cos the christams CD I made from last year didn;t have this song...do I have to make a favorite Christmas CD every year because of Clay...

eta: I think the dialog sounds smoother tonight...not too over the top...more natural...

March of the Penguins - hee. That's one of the DVDs I have recently bought that is still in the original wrapping and is stuck in my TV cabinet. I seem to be always otherwise occupied in the evening. Maybe when the JNT's over...

Jingle Bells - good reaction during the jazzy parts.

"I don't hate Christmas, etc." Looking at the pictures of the Ledford family.

Does it sound like Allison is toning down the drawl a bit? I would appreciate it if she did.

The Season for Romance - nice and warm and smooth.

I haven't watched too much Clack of the Kents dancing together. I can't get into the brother / sister pairing too much. It kind of kills the romance thing for me.