12/20, Columbia, SC

Ansamcw

Ticket sales: around 2400. The venue capacity is 3200.

From the CV cellcerters:

Christmas Ornament, he has tan jacket, green sweater in a snow flake.

Only two rows on very top with empty seats. Only have tickets on very top. (Sounds like some of the sides weren't sold - probably because of sight-line issues.)

William Joseph playing Carol of the Bells.

Edited by bottlecap

From CB:

certer 5th row dead center.. said lots of noise in the venue..peole.. still coming in..ornament..picture tan jacket in a snow flake..very cute..different than others.. 2400 out of 3600 sold at begining.. but more now top section only seats left according to the ticket manager.. lights out wj on

----

the CV phone is terrible.. bad sound lots of cutting out. Pam very disgusted with it..cant hear a drip of crowd noise..only what is suppose to be piano playing...wow..really bad really..wind tunnel..

---

hear crowd applauding now.. wj speaking cant make it out sounds 100 miles away..on bridgets phone now..better but not great..wj sounds great as always..music sounds a bit different but could be the cutting in and out..

eta: *waves to bottlecap* I guess CB is relying on CV cellstream tonight...

From CB:

wj talking.. lots of screams and yelling.. talking about clay..still really far away and not real clear..playing again..some chuckles in the crowd ..lost connection but got her back..sounds like a very enthusastic crowd tonight.. full of energy..

---

wj talking about clay and wanting him to play a certain song.. crowd chuckling..sounds really soft..can hear Pam yawning very plain..wj playing again..crowd quiet..

---

wj tellling story about father and taking second bow.. so if I come out for a second one please applaude.. laughter and applauding now..now playing..rapid fingers..sounds great..flying thru the keys..crowd loving it..

---

intermission

---

jermone was standing out in front of the venue on the steps..she had gone out to get her binoculars..as she walked past him he followed her and was buying a smock????? who knows..floor full, balcony all the way around is full..first balcony.. 50% of very top balcony full...good crowd.. about 75% full..or better..

---

SNACK, jerome was buying a snack

---

large pit between first row and edge of the stage..about 18 feet.. stage very high up..so up close will have some problems seeing..Lauries first time to see JNT.. man sitting next to her also first.. and a virgin right there with them too..lot of veterns in first few rows..concerned about flashes..lady sitting in front is 96 years old..never seen clay before..she is so excited

From WJ's part: Lots of flashers in the beginning, electrical tape handed out and flashes diminished a lot.

Cellcerter is telling a story about running into Jerome at the concession stand. She is estimating 75% full. (The venue, I mean, not Jerome. Thought I better clarify that! :P )

Edited by bottlecap

While we're waiting, I'll post this little lit of information from the the Columbia Township Auditorium website:

Any artist or organization selling any type of novelties will pay to the facility 25% of gross sales in addition to 6% South Carolina sales tax.

Interesting, huh? A nice chunk of change for the venue from Clay's merchandise sales.

Edited by bottlecap

YAY cellstream starting!!!

CH cellcerter reported that a lot of flashing ...hope it won;t be an issue when Clay's show comes on.

venue 80% fulll...good mix of men and women...lots of elderly couple.

WJ in red shirt and was really cute...hot

some really nice people ...

just random clapping...people are getting restless there are people on the stage

Killing some time before the concert starts. The cellcerter was complaining about how cold it was in Charlotte tonight. I was thinking, "Southern Cold - what's that like 60 degrees? Pfffft - it's 22 degrees here in Ohio." Then I checked on weather.com, and it's actually 30 degrees down there. Brrrr!

There is an ongoing discussion online and over the air about pants - how they fit, etc. This is what happens when you keep us waiting too long, Clay! :P

Its starting...Gregory is not there yet...part of Tommy will be played by a kid named Louis...

uh oh flashes are already going on...big applause when the flash announcement made...

the cellstream is very clear...can hear Clay;s words very nicely.

Christmas Time is Here....

He got a haircut...uh oh the sound seem to be cutting off...lets see how it will sound when he starts singing...

Uh oh ...this is one of those phones where the dialog seem clearer than the music. Clay is coming in and out...

from what I can hear his voice sounds really good...but really hard to tell...

certer says his hair looks fantastic.

MCWL.

Umm, should I feel guilty that I'm not going out caroling with the group from my church tomorrow night? I'd rather be sung to by the Aiken, then trudge around in the snow warbling off-key to someone else. Guess I don't have the appropriate Christmas spirit yet. :P

Just hear those sleigh bills jingling - Giddy Yup! Yeah bay-bee! :D

The sound quality on the stream isn't the greatest, but Clay seems to be in good voice. Some audible chuckles from the cellcerters, so he must be doing some particularly cute moves tonight.

MCWL...this is coming in clear...

SR and JB were also very strong....his voice sounds liek it is in top form once again...

he is singing effortlessly

the new boy soudns pretty strong...I like his delivery...

Season of Romance...his voice is devine...the reception is good with this song.

FromCB:

NO GREGORY - SOMEONE NAMED LEWIS....

---

they are screaming their guts out.. Clay must have appeared on stage.. music playing..great beat ..toe tapping..children starting to sing.. some one yelled out CLAY..sound is good now.. really clear..and there he is.. children gather around .. wow he sounds wonderful...what a massive strong voice.. just pouring it on..sends shivers up your spine...

---

I just want to sit back and listen to this beautiful voice all night long.. merry christmas to all.. merry christmas to even just oneeeeee.. may the joy of the season surround you ..merry christmas ..with looovaaa..voice is in perfect form.. sailing right over the words with such grace and control..hitting those power notes to kill..such emotion in this song.. he just oozzzzzzies emotion..his sweat must be pure drops of love...meerrry christmasssss..to even jussssssssst one..what an amazing..gentle soft finishhhhh..with loveeeeeeee....and the crowd falls apart in pleasure. and explodes with sheer enjoyment..knockknock knock knock

---

Louis talking now..new kid..crowd applaudes as he steps in..sounds good..young..kinda scared..timid..bev coaching him.. he is doing a good job..seems to know his lines well.. crowd laughing now.. he must be very cute they are laughing with him..

---

Bev and Tommy are really getting nice audience response tonight....laughing and clapping very enthusiastically!

----

bev doing a lot of the talking.. Clay must be standing off grasp hands.. loving the crowds reaction to him.. they seem to be really giving him the support with interaction and laughter..Clay must be so proud..poor bev has been put thru the ringer lately..she is amazing.. phone ringing.. mail box full..sitting up for SR and JB..

---

SR.. and our man just hops right in and takes command of the stage.. some laughter...snow is falling.....lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you. .gitty up gitty up lets go...holding your hand..voice is amazing. just sliding right thru this with such ease ...lovely weather...some chucles in the crowd.. pumpkin pieeee...voice rising ....sleigh bells jingle.. laughter.. lovely weather.. outside the snow is falling..com on ... gitty up gitty up lets go....its definately Christmas in CLay land...he could sing christmas songs in august and I would swear it was snowing on me...sliegh ride together with you...................................ping.. crowd is all over him...

---

JB.. he is giving the crowd what they want.. holy cow...just blowing the roof off the joint.. crowd screaming.. he is rocking thru time.. got me shaking in my chair....dash aways alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this is amazing.. jingle bell jingle bells..all the way oh what fun..here we go hand on CP it time to rock and roll ..OMG OMG OMG OGM.. he has to be working those hips to the max.. rockin snappy finger.. thigh boucning ..oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. and Columbia has sat sail....

---

bev and tommy now.. talking about who the picture is of.. bev still doing a lot of the talking.. tommy doing good..she is acking him in question form and he is following her perfectly..as the Clayangel watches over them..with baited breath..it ok to breath Clay..it will be great..music starting..and once again the viberant voice appears from the darkness.. CS.. so passionate and just send cold shivers thru you.. warming you as they flow ...the reason for romance.. oh it will get you give it a chanceeeeee..

---

Season for Romance - Christmas Serenade. Nice and smooth.

I can't hear tonight's Tommy very clearly, but he seems to be doing a greater portion of the lines than the other boys. Maybe he had the benefit of more rehearsal time, since they had an off-day.

The audience is pretty responsive tonight to Cly and to tommy and Beverly....

I really liek this boy...not as exuberant as gregory but very good even delivery...I bet they ahd more rehearsals with him.

HYAMLC...this is a good barometer of how his voice is...so far soft and tender...wonderful....a little too strong at times..great bough...got an applause for it...

music interlude.

Great control on the final bough!!!!! I think he is back on top form tonight

Christmas Waltz.....

light and playful with his voice tonight....he is coming in very clear

beautiful version...his voice was flawless and effortless...

a little appaluse when they got back together....