12/21 Charlotte NC

bottlecap

It disappeared then came back with fantastic reception...Clay got a mini applause after the first bough...

sounding great.

Aww he didn;t go up on the last bough...but still sounded great.. very tender and touching.

nice applause

From CB:

bev and tommy now talking about tradions .. and notices the picture on the wall..as bev explains the music softly starts to play..one note at a time then they blend together ..as clay watches them.. and how they enteract with each other..he wave his long lean fingers working them thru space.. and pausing them in time..as the flash back begins to play out.. he turns and watches as he sings CS..so from the heart..he see bev in the past.. meeting her husband..such romance in his voice his actions his body his soul....oh itll get you if you give it a chance..as they embrace each other and glide across the floor.. holding on to one another and not wanting to ever let go...clay sprinkles love through out the air..love reason for romance.. oh itll get you.. half a chance..such beauty in the moment of time.. love reason for romance..sounds breathtaking.. words just flowing from his lips..effortless..

---

Love's the reason for romance..........ohhhhh, it'll get you if you give it half a chance.....*sigh*

Beverly says meeting Mr. Ledford was magical. I think this show is magical - and oh so romantic!

I've always loved Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas..........and now I love it even more.

---

let me get this straight....he stole an ornament off a christmas tree???????

EWWWWW - you kissed???????

have yourself a merry little christmas....let your heart be light....from now on our troubles will be outa sight.....

smooooooth.......his voice is just so full of love.....

---

bev and gregory talking about the ornament now....we danced and danced..HYAMLC begining to play and the night is filled with vibes of love as clay starts to sing...watching over bev and gregory as they waltz over the floor.. troubles be miles awayyyyyyyyyy here we are..golden days..happy golden day of love.......just so heart pounding..sends such pleasure through you..shining starrrrr upon the hightest bowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww have yourself a merry little christmas nighhhhhtttt....amazing...

---

Christmas Waltz...sounds great as always...with a lighthearted touch...

this is great reception...I wonder if they changed phones

bottlecap, I think they are presenting a pretty typical family...with some bickering and some mistakes, but I don;t think it was meant to show a very dysfunctional family at all IMO.

SilverBells...she does have a good voice. and I love how Clay pulls back the powere to blend beautifully with her.

BWAH - Bottlecap - I think everyone has parents that fight a little, it is more sick not to fight.

Well they certainly loved those Clay Aiken lines in that scene - heh

Damn - does anyone think that the beeping is the charge going down on the phone ?

From CB:

.....time to waltz......it's that time of year when the world falls in love.......merry christmas, may your new years dream come true.......his voice just flows with the music.....

my new year's dream.....a hit CD for CA....

---

love this part of the show - when Clay sings the Christmas Waltz, and Beverly gets to dance with Mr. Ledford again. Its so cute when Clay makes them bump into each other. I love the gleam in his eye when he gets the idea to do it. So sweet!

---

second place dialog is a BIG HIT with the crowd!!!!

---

came in second. .crowd explodes.. what ever. .huge screaming and whooping....that clay aiken guy...and they come unglued..moms says...

---

Christmas Song...I can;t ebelive this has become one of my favorite songs on the tour.

I reallt think Gregory makes a big difference to the show. It just sounds so much fuller and the script more enjoyable when it is done as Clay intended...Beverly saying most of the lines really took away from the flow of the show.

Glad Gregory is back...

From CB:

Silver bells.....sounds just wonderful.....their voices are blending together just beautifully...Tommy would vote for her!

Now, they are off to make some cookies...still haven't made any for my poor cookieless family.....(but DIL will, being pregnant is nooooo excuse... )

....everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe help to make the season bright (will a ham do?) - tiny tots with their eyes all aglow will find it hard to sleep tonight....

---

Ahhhh........The Christmas Song.....Clay's voice is as smooth as butter. He infuses this song with just the right touch of nostalgia and longing. All the little touches they added to the staging of this song are so effective. It made me pretty teary when I saw the show, because it reminded me how much I used to enjoy making cookies with my own kids.

---

sounds cutting out a bit..nope there he is.. strong and sturdy..jack frost nipping at your nose..yule tide carols....the cookies sceen taking place.. as he lowers his frame to the step .. sits...as if singing to himself..but knowing the world is hearing his voice words meaning.. reaches inside his pocket..the cookie cutter finds his fingers. .and like magic he pullsit from his heart.. holding it looking at it..loving the meaning of it..now sharing it with bev and tommy...placing it on the table.. as they go about their routine of baking together..he witnesses the joy of love and friendship..family...he is please..slowly stands turns to gaze at them.. from one to 92... many times many ways.. merry christmas .. merry merry merry christmasssssss to youuuuu as he has completed his mission he drifts into the darkness happy content.. and the crowd applaused

---

Angela's song...

Hey Couchie...

Oh yes...I was pretty tense for all of them most of the show. It really is great to be able to relax and just enjoy the show.

although I thought last nights boy was really great too...

CMH...love this song...

From CH:

...goosebumps and shivers......time for CMH....home for the holidays....oh Clay, you're almost there....totally surrounded in your circle ohhhhhh my friends....please celebrate me home......sounding especially beautiful.....play me one more song that I can remember I can recall whenever I find myself so all alone, I can siiiiiiing me home.....crowd cheering........ his voice is very strong.....

----

Celebrate Me Home! I think the whole Claynation is happy for Clay that he's home for Christmas!

From CB:

intermission..had growlss.. in great voice.. looks very happy.. happy to be home.. gregory is adorable. healthy strong voice...sock very dark hard to see..college age kids there lots of teenagers.. very mixed crowd.. more college kids there than nashville...faye is there..they are going down to check out if any of his friends are there..

---

......lots of college kids there and teens....socks too dark to see.....can't see Faye, but will walk around and see what she can see..... ....looking for his college buddies...

---

news crew is gone..stub hubbers going back now..she is walking in the front row now. headed over to sound board..

---

crowd is very receptive and loud....laughing at all the right spots.....

---

Fear must have her phone on vibrate or not have it. She is not answering. Actually this is pretty funny because whenever we go to concerts together, she ends up with her phone dialing me while we are in concert. The first few times she nudged me and said that my phone should be off, but when I looked at the phone, I could see that she was calling. After that, she realized that she needed to turn off her phone, when mine started ringing.

What a happy cellcerter.

Yay, Martha picked my person. I have to run off to TWO in the second half to cheer.

Edited by playbiller

intermission report...

john looks so good during JB...

didn;t notice if he leaned to Bev and MR ledford.

John was much better saying his lines

green striped socks.

very busy in the smoking deck...no difference in the crowd size at intermission...hard to say

CH cerllcerter its possible there are 5000 there tonight...but couldn;t really tell.

From CB:

crowd very responsive tonight.. loud and laughing at all the funny parts.. better than last night..

she found Faye..going up to her.. she is talking to someone now.. faye sitting in 7th row..

---

hi cv.. who is this ......this is Clays mom.. merry christmas..talking to Faye now.. sounds happy..

----

Yikes - that was Faye??? She knows what a cellcert is too!!!

OMG!!!!

---

she looks really happy tonight ..this is a first.. Faye on the stream.. everyone excited.. Clay is the only one left bring him on lol...

---

Faye was very sweet. She asked if this was a cellcert. She wanted to know if Pam was going to anymore shows. Pam said, yes she was going to Clearwater and Faye commented on it being warmer there. It was a brief conversation, but she was very friendly and sounded happy.

meeting up with their group now.. everyone really excited..brightstar sitting in the second row..he is in great voice tonight..having a good time..still all excited that Faye talked to them..

---

talking to Matt now.. compared to last night..he is not taking pictures can pay attention.. lots to catch in the play..quite a differenct show since gregory is back.. he adds so much.. he says he hears a strain in his voice and needs a rest.. he will check the news when he gets home..

----

Show is a lot better since Gregory is back.....Clay is in great voice although Matt says he can still detect a little strain.

---

faye was very receptive to CV.. was familiar..asked her if she would give a littel shout out to cv and she said yeahhhhh sure. and took the phone...

I love the CV cellcerters - they are becoming very bold in getting interviews. The last couple of nights have been a mother / daughter duo, who are a hoot and a half during the intermissions. I still can't believe they handed Faye the phone..... :D