12/22 Raleigh NC

bottlecap

Arrghh, the phone hung up at the end. And now the poor cellcerter is absolutely in tears from emotions.... aaawwwww. Cellcerter mom is weak in the knees.

Clay came over and sang some lines right to his grandpa.

Edited by bottlecap

Intermission:

Clay seem to respond to his grandfathers wave...he looked really happy.

didn;t really see too much press

After John's line in CMH and Clay started singing again, the crowd started standing and more and more started standing as he finished. They did celebrate him home. Thank you, Raleigh.

---

all of his songs sound amazing live...

---

during CMH...when he took Quiana's hands he shook it up and down...seem really emotional and excited

more energy from Clay tonight...better that in DC (the cellcerter was in DC)

---

Our CH cellcerter is so cute because she is so anxious to share the atmosphere of the show and to bring the energy of the audience through to the cellstream

she is being really fangirly and it jsut sounds so great...I am getting verklempt for him and the audience.

she said he is so sweet to his grandfather...reason enough to be home.

I guess his grandfather has alzheimers and it must be just special to see him so responsive...

the ornamenst were going like hotcakes.

the CV lady says that he is better right now.

she says he sang right at papa when he sange Merry Christmas to you.

eta: aww that is so great playbiller glad she is having so much fun...can;t wait for her recap

Fear says hello and that the concert is great!!!! She can see Clay's grandfather, but she did not know who he was, just some white haired guy sitting in the aisle.

Her 3 friends are loving this show, so much, that Fear thinks that she will not have to give them CDs for thier birthdays or holidays this year, they all are ready to buy their own.

They can't get near merchandise, it is a zoo and it was yesterday, too.

He is going all out with his voice tonight. They are in the 6th row and feel really close.

She said they all notcied that Clay broke character and waved, but they did not know why, until I told them.

She was quite impressed that this place was packed.

Flashes are going off all over the place, in the upper seats. The ushers were very insistant about the tape on the camera, they made her show them that the tape was over her flash and even take a picture to prove it would not flash.

Edited by playbiller

They are doing a wave, going around the arena...the arena is really packed and it is amazing they sold about 3000 seats in three days, They suspect the great articel by MAtt Ehlers did the trick...

lips were luscious

theya re doing th wave even at the third level.

EBirds mother is a smutter, too? Live and learn.

I could have gone to Raleigh, I helped buy the tickets for Fear. I just did not want to leave home so near Christmas. (and I could not find anyone to take the dog from hell, my little sweetie).

I don't know if beer was an issue, but Fear's friends were drinking Pina Coladas.

Edited by playbiller

Did someone say BEER? I'm in!

Ooops, suppose I shouldn't be drinking during the church stuff.

Glad Fear is having fun, and her friends are turning into fans!

This second half should be awesome, if the first half is any indication.

Catching up on CB:

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire......Jack Frost nipping at your nose....

He sings this song in such a thoughtful, dreamy way......very effective.

---

This is going by so fast.....picturing Clay on the steps and singing so softly....and every mother's child isssss going to try to see if reindeers really know how to fly....and, so I'm offering this simple phrase to kids from one to ninety two, although it's been said many times many wayyyyys, Merry Christmas to you.....mmmmmmmmmm, yessssssssss.....

---

angela doing a great job.. but as much as I love her.. tonight all I want is Clay..selfish I know..

---

crowd loved agela.. phone ringing.. as clay observes quietly off to the side.. knowing it is not going to happen for her ..she need more christmas spirit.. she need him to coach her in the right direction..

---

Whoa - Angela is really wailing......and, then she ends up so softly!

Phone is ringing.....mailbox is still full...those lovebirds still aren't home......

I don't know about this next one...I may not make it through....if I disapear, send an ambulance!

---

Home for the Holidays..............Clay has sung this song so many times......it must feel so good for him to know that he is home tonight!

Got some growls........the crowd is loving it! He's singing the song with so much conviction tonight.

---

Home for the holidays.....he starts so tenderly....totally surrounded in your circle...oooooh my friends....please celebrate me home......please celebrate me home....mesmerizing......lordy, the love in his voice.....sing it .....C'MON....GROWLLLLLLLLL.........oh YEAH...HE'S HAPPY TO BE HOME......WOOOOOOO......CROWD IS WILD.....please celebrate me home.......play me one more song that I'll always remember I can recall......I can make believe I've never gone....SING ME HOMMMMMEEEEEEEE....CROWD IS NUTS........WOOO WOOOO.......blowing the roof off....and, lost the stream...

WELCOME HOME CLAY.....WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

now, where's the Claynex???

----

he walks slowly over to her meeting quianna taking the decorations from her..with a smile and a nod...hewaves his hand..fingers brisking the air.. to stop the sceen.. as he places the box on the table..and he sings.. home for the holidays...beyond words for his voice.. just bone shattering...totally surrounded in your circle..please celeberate me home..give a number..tear are already flowing.. his is touching every nerve in my body..bring me back to life..a growl .. we need growls...tell mewhyyyyyy we have a growwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll HOLY SHOOOOOOOOT.. CROWS love it.. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lots of woohoooooooooooooooooooo and major applause now. cant hear him.. please celebrate me home.. he is soaring beyond the universe...playing to the crowd.. another growlllllllllll...led me hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee and they are down for the count.. please celebrate me home. .he is dynamite.. lighting all kinds of fuses.. and watching them go off..john talking now...and he is back withe the force of God....pleae celebrate me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. the crowd is destryouying raleight.. lost connection...

---

everybody's crying....he sang to papa.....

---

he sang a line to papa .. and papa raised his hand.. MCWL.. they are all crying .. I am a mess. this is so heart riviting...dont know how much more we can take..

---

We're all in tears here........

---

MCWL.. respone because he sang to papa...CS.. sand to himtoo..I just have no words.. I am in tears.. he is so happy so overjoyed.. to be home and his fans are there with him.. he is happy doing lots of smiling.. more than normal..sock..multi colored stripped...he looks gorgeous. jsut beautifull....

---

According to cellcerter, papa not only raised his hand but he said "That's my boy!".

---

very emotional tongiht..everyone around them are crying.. and he seen them..he came right over in front of them when he sang to papa.. he whispered merry christmas to him.. and papa raised his hand.. just so loving so darn emotiona.. at begining came out and raised his arms us ..papa put his hands up and waved to him and he yelled Clay.. like I am here... like a refect.. and clay so seen him and made sure he recongized him.. his eyes were sparkling..

---

Fay's dad. They don't quite know how Clay is holding on....I'm not sure how anyone is holding on.......when he first came out to start the show and Clay waves his arm to start the snow....papa hollered Clay to him.....the ex-pressions on Clay's face when he comes over to see him from the stage. The quality of the show is unbelievable and the crowd is just loving him.....

---

The crowd was on their feet from the start of CMH...

---

I am not going to make it girls.. I can not stop crying.. how do we love this man so much.. his heart is golden..the most pure loving soul God ever created and gave to us..God does work in mysterious ways.. he has chosen to us Clay to reach us.. to make us believe to make us happy to make us love again.. to make us be there for each other.. this is almost too much for me tonight

---

If there was ever ANY doubt whether or now Clay should return home.. there isn't now..he will blow the industry away.. he is in his element and we are all there with him.. he is going to reach the unreachable....star.. and thank god we are along for the glorious ride...he made the right choice..he is happy..

---

Faye is there.. very nice to just everyone..think brett is there too.. but dont see anyone dressed in marine uniform..

---

Just got a call from WOWpoc...she saw Brett...looking for Jeff..didn't see him though

---

The CH gals are shouting out and doing the wave to the CV gals..

---

they should sell claynex at the merchandise stand.. would make a fortune.. he has me so emotional tonight..I can feel his heart in his voice. feel his joy in my heart. fee his love in my soul..feel words in my mind.. and they dont fade .. they stay and play throught my daily life. they toouch.the inter being of me..

they just got a shout out from CH and Singapore...they are singing .lol.. doing the wave and yelling.. have a fantastic time.. Pack you are our eyes and ears.. bring him back to us..

---

WOW - the crowd is bonkers....shouting and wooooing....doing the wave all over the place....what fun they are having....giggling.....

---

--

place is just alive and wild...lots of screaming and yelling.. they are so out of controltonight.. lots of waves and whooping....this is so us.. lol.....loving Clay

---

The lights went down.....crowd is quiet now...

HERE WE GO......

---

...giggling...I imagine Clay flipping that tie out.....Tommy is missing his parents.....piano starting for OHN...oohhhhh...the stars are brightly shiiiiiiining....soft, full tones....reaching to the skies.....tender and loving......fallllllllll on your kneesssss.....oh hear the angel voiiiiiices, oh niiiiiiiiiiiight divine......oh night diiiiiiiiiiviiiiinnnnne....goosebumps.....he is putting his whole heart and soul into this.......oh niiiiiiiiiight divine.......gah...

All this talk about beer is making me thirsty. But if I drink, I'll have to go to the bathroom, and I don't want to stand in those long lines... Oh, wait, I forgot I'm sitting at home on my couch and not in an arena in Raleigh... Nevermind, then. :P

WOW...that was a lovely OHN...one of the best of the Tour...after the strain the alst two nights...his voice is sounding so good...like it was ont the beginning of the tour...

not only is it strong but he is very mindful of nuance...and texture, not just barreling through the songs...

Now TFN...lets see if he will add the same flourish here...well here we go...he is going for it...fantastic it was all the flourish...it was great...fantastic...they better give him a huge ovation for that one...DOwnload that Clack for sure!!!!!!

From CB:

music starting.. typing thru tears.. tears of love and joy..as tommy stands waiting hoping loving ..that his parents will show. and they do not.. his heart is broken as the Clay angel walks towards him.. knowing it will be ok.. knowing he is loved..he lays his hand on his little shoulder.. then looking at him . flipping his tie out. so he wont be perfect. he walks to bec and gentley turn her towards him.. she see's she know's she loves.. and she comforts and encourages him..and he takes his place with pride and glory..and then the light shines and the voice decends from the air.. dear saviors birth.. the voice of love and hope the voice of pure passion.. thrill of hope.. weary world rejoices....just beautifull.. tear are flowing.. no way to stop them.. for hear the angel voiceeeeeeeeeeeeeesss ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnight devine.. he is rocketing .. he is so so sososososo on.. oh holllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyynight. oh night devineeeeeeeeee.. he is pure . .spreading the word spreading the love and joy of christmas... thrill of hope .DL DL DL DL DL. this is amazing. hear the angel vocesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss oh nightttttttttt .. he is just tearing a hole in the atmosphere. .ohhhhhhniggggttttttttttt oh hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllly night.. nothing left of me.. oh night devineeeeeeeeeeee..my heart is reborn.. tommy reading now...crowd quiet.. rivited in his glory..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhholyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynighttttttt

tt night devineeeeeee.. he is just destroying me.. hard to type.. so soft and sincere now. so passoniate.. oh hollllly night devineeeeeeeee and the crowd is on their fieetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

---

His voice is doing magical things.....just magical......now it is TFN.....in fields where they lay keeping their sheep on a cold winters night that was so deep.......strong and powerful vocals.....right to my heart......magic filling the air.....yes, he is taking it up and pouring it on...YES......SING IT OUT CLAY.....LOUD CHEERS.....still singing......blowing the roof off........GADZOOKS.....RIPPING IT OUT THERE......FANTASTIC...........WOW, HOW DID HE DO THAT?????????

---

TFN.. starts off so soft.. breezing the sky with sparkes of notes that join together and make love.. noelllllllllllll noelllllllllll born is the king.. of iseriallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll god he so knows.. he knows he is so gifted so wanted so adored.. and he never stops giving.. .beyond the star...earth....gave it lite.. continue both day and night..noellllllllllll noellllllllll crowd is pea drop silent.. mesmersized.. taken in the spell.. heart are busting.. tears are flowing....as he soarssssssssssssssss changes up a bit. .beautifullllll just beautifulllllllll...he is pouring his heart out. and another change up. and crowd goes crazy. he keeps right on soaring.. born is the king of iseriallllllllllll.. he is unbelieveable .. unbelievab le...DL DL DL.. noelllllllllllllllllllllllll another change up.. holy mother of God I am bursting in love.. and the end another amazing change up.. they are rockint eh world in nc

---

O Holy Night was stunning!

He's giving them the fancy version of The First Noel....oh my goodness!!! Wow! That was amazing.....and the crowd goes wild!

---

All this talk about beer is making me thirsty.  But if I drink, I'll have to go to the bathroom, and I don't want to stand in those long lines...  Oh, wait, I forgot I'm sitting at home on my couch and not in an arena in Raleigh...  Nevermind, then. :P

heeeeeeeeeeeee

checks to make sure I'm not in edit mode...ok, submit.

I forgot to add, last night, Fear said there were no standing ovations, just thre first few rowa, whre the cellcerters sit. She was further back. SO I asked her to look back today for me. She said there was cheering, whistles and hooting from the entire audience. I forgot to ask if there were any ovations though. They just totally fell for the second place lines.

add bottlecap to the people I have to meet some day

Edited by playbiller

OKAy this is probably the best HTHAS_OCAYF in the tour...I have been frustrated cos he alwasy seem to be strainging during HTHAS...but not tonight...the tones are so full and hitting the notes all in their center...and a lovely controlled vibratto that is just heavenly...and of course OCAYF...as fantastic and dramatic as usual...OMG...beautiful!!!!!! These people are getting the best of Clay!!!

OMG..Emmanuel next...

OK I am crying...cos I know Emmanuel is his papa's favorite...and he is singing this with such tenderness and perfect so far...tenderness and passion wrapped together in the most beautiful voice...so sorry to be so sappy...am I starting to sound like the CB cellcert reporter....beautiful ending...so soft and perfect!!!!

MDYK...got cheers at the beginning...this si really a favorite with the audience ...i bet its from the radio play its getting...and his TV appearances.

oops a bit of a crack on lamb but he powered through.

Catch up on CB:

HTHAS......he is just singing his face off tonight.....I can't believe how beautiful he sounds....every dang note.....glory to the new bornnnnn...oh come all ye faithful.....he sounds joyous and reverent at the same time......come and behold him, born the king of angels.....

---

HTHAS-OCAYF.. starts off with power and control.. he has never in my life been this on.. never.. voice is massive...just massive viberant.. alive.. totally alive .....christ the everlasting lord.. time behold him...ocayf.. so smooth and tender. .so overflowing of love and joy.. let us adore him. oh come let us adore him...............................christtttttt the loredddddddddddddddddd.....rising.. and sinking...oh come yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to bethleham.. come and behold him..born the king of angel.. come let us adore him oh come let us adore him oh comeeeeeeeeee let usssssssssssssssss adore him christttttttttttt.. the lorddddddddddddddddd.. holding on here.. he is about to kill me.............the lorddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd thats it cremate me now

---

Emmanuel......you could hear a pin drop now as the crowd soaks up every loving note......rejoice, rejoice.....he is indeed rejoicing......those beautiful notes.....so pure....just flowing....and washing over everybody here and there.....oohhhhhh rejoice, rejoice Emmanuelllll.....loving every minute of this....the last rejoice...equisite....

---

O Come O Come Emmanuel ............. its hard to imagine anything more beautiful than the way Clay sings this song. The depth of his voice so obviously reflects the depth of his heart. It touches me to the core every time I hear it.

---

emmanuel.. such beauty..such soul.his song his being his heart and soul...rejoiceeeeeeeeeeee emmanuel....rejoice.. the crowd has to be stuned .. I am . oh iserialllllllllllllll rejoice.. the openess he shows.. is beyond belief.. no other artis could ever ever duplicate this.. ohhhhhhhh rejoicceeeeeeeeeeeeeee rejoiceee emmanuel.. I am a body of chill, shivers, and tears.. slight change up on emmmauell.... rejoiceeeeeeeeeeee..rejoice....fades off so tenderly and softy...rejoice..then hits you with that whisper of rejoiceeeeeeeeee.. and they are so showing him the love tonight...

---

MDYK.. an the crowd applaudes.. save our sons and daughter.. did you know that your baby boy.. angels...kiss your little baby you kiss the face of god.. papa has to be so very proud.. and in tear watching his grandson..son..shine in heavenly lights..touching so many ..so far so away ..soon deliver you....oh mary did you know..

---

The crowd literally roars when he starts MDYK! Woo, they love it......ooooooooooo....each note is perfection.....my heart is beating so fast now......

LAMMMMMBBBBBBBB.......big applause....

----

OH DEAR GOD.. praises of the lammbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.. just cant handle much more.. this is beyond amazing..did you know that your baby boy ..heavens perfect lamb...he is singing the words that describe him so perfect.. the great I ammmmmmmmmmmm woohoooooo.. on their feet again...

---

I think Christmas is a holiday for everyone.....Quianna starts her song that is so appropriate....this is going toooooo fast...beautiful, just beautiful....any Claynex left, I forgot to go to Costco to buy a case......

sing it girlfriend.....we hear you!

---

never in my life has an artist brought me to tear..until now..thank God for letting me live long enough to hear this amazing man..my life feels complete..

angela singing.. she is on too.. just blowing it away.. crowd loves her..what an amazing night in the history of Clay..the most emotional loving night of my life..and sharing it with so many that feel the same.. makes it strong and powerful..with Clay and us we can do anything...

---