12/22 Raleigh NC

bottlecap

Is this the venue where everyone is supposed to be waving their lighted cell phones?

And just one or two people politely clapping when Clay comes back out.. :D I could feel that through my keyboard.

"Claymates will kick your tail" -to a flasher. You go on with your pissy self Mr. Aiken.

Edited by bottlecap

hee..I hope they do...that would be cool...and what is done in a lot of other artist concerts.

Here he comes...huge applause from the audience...I bet it is super loud there...and I hope we get the banter clear...

aww he sounds really cool...

missed that exchange that caused a lot of laughter...

oh just said so many people will get in trouble for falshing you know who you are ...claymates will kick your behind...and huge applause

Usual spiel about freinds being family...

oh papa left during MGUCL but came back now...

he was challenging people to buy WJ's cd and make the line wrap around the stadium as they wait for WJ to autograph their copy...

intro of dancers...Gregory intro...huge applause of course...Gregory shout outs to people from his school...his teachers...grandparents from Canada...Gregory;s brother is part of the show.

Allison intro next...spiel about his teacher...was getting tied tongue again...

Allison shout outs...brother and wife...ballroom dance teacher and lots of friends...then the community theater where Allison is from was also introduced.

Quiana getting huge applause...then angie is next lots of reaction when she came out...she did a typewriter move and Clay tried it I think

then the stage crew...

he is talking to his grandfather...said that his papa always wanted him to sing a bluegrass song...he sang O Beautiful star of Bethlehen for his pappy...

Aww...he said even if he did leave to go to the restroom...sounded great..its is so strange to hear Clay sing in this style...OMG Bluegrass is also very popular here. We even have bluegrass festival during summer...

then I think he said go back to bed?

then he had to tell Andy to start...he said giving you a cue...but you ahve to replenish something...

made people turn to each other to give them a hug even if they are strangers...

DSIAFCD...

What was the typewriter again? wasthat the wiggly dance? He made Angela do it for his Christmas present.

Aw his grandfather wants him to sing a blue grass song.

Didn't Clay's Great grandfather and great Uncle get recorded for the Smithsonian historical folk music collection?

Edited by playbiller

This has been a perfect coming home concert for Clay...I think the best Raleigh concert ever...even better thatn AI2...cos they had those other people there...tonight he has 8000 plus people there just for him...and his papa...what an emotional night.

wow what a glory note and what a reaction...the microphone can;t even get it all...

fantastic...he must be so pumped!!!!

He even did the falsetto...Love it...

hee he even gave us the lowest ending note to DSIAFCD ever...

GN...OMG I am all schmoopie right now.

Oh. Mah. God.

That bluegrass song was outstanding. Can't wait to hear it, and let my husband listen to it...he'll know it. He LOVES bluegrass, and from what I'm finding on the net -- the original artists, The Stanley Brothers.

And then...the falsetto note on DSIAFCD! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

This is what I found listed

Aiken County String Band

Appearance as principal performer

1. High Sheriff, Roots N' Blues - The Retrospective (1925-50), Columbia Legacy 47911/47912-15, Cas (1992/reis), cut #1.02

2. Soldier's Joy, Old Time String Band Classics, County 531, LP (197?/reis), cut # 9

ldyjocelyn, think we could get him to sing Man of Constant Sorrows? Or how about a duet with Allison Krause?

Some groans from the certers for Good News - don't know if that was an indication of flashers or emotion.....

I leave you with Good News---indeed.

OK, here it is - not smithsonian.

The Alan Jabbour Duplication Project Collections

Alan Jabbour recorded Henry Reed as part of a series of recordings in the Upper South, 1965-68. Jabbour was a graduate student at Duke University at the time, and used his own equipment, supplies, finances, and time to record Henry Reed and other fiddlers on nineteen 7-inch reels taped at 7.5 ips (inches per second).

The original recordings remain the property of Alan Jabbour, but in 1967 and again in 1969, he brought the tapes to the Library of Congress for duplication in the Recording Lab of the Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division and accession into the Archive of Folk Song (now the American Folklife Center's Archive of Folk Culture).

Because the tapes were accessioned in two batches, there are actually two Alan Jabbour Duplication Project collections: LWO (for Library Work Order) 5031, encompassing AFS series 13,031-13,037; and LWO 5379, AFS series 13,703-13,709.

LWO 5031

Accessioned in June 1967, LWO 5031 consists of seven 10-inch reels at 7.5 ips (approximately fourteen hours of sound recordings), containing instrumentals performed on banjo, fiddle, guitar, hammered dulcimer, and harmonica, recorded in North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia by Alan Jabbour, October 2, 1965-April 1, 1967. The collection includes one linear inch of manuscript materials, including fieldnotes, logs, and tune transcriptions.

The performers featured in this series are: Joseph Y. Aiken, Romie Aiken, D. M. Andrews, Andrew Bennett, Lester Brooks, Maurice Carden, Kemp Chambers, Tinsey Clapp, Harlan Coble, William Alonzo ("Lonnie") Corsbie, Harry Dixon (Dickerson), Ed Hall, Albert Eli ("Uncle Abner") King, John Lewis, Vaughan Marley, Ross Miller, Fred Phillips, Kilby Reeves, Earl Shatterly, and Edsel Terry, of North Carolina; Oscar and Eugene Wright, of Princeton, West Virginia; and Henry Reed, of Glen Lyn, Virginia.

ldyjocelyn, think we could get him to sing Man of Constant Sorrows?  Or how about a duet with Allison Krause?

*dies*

That would be heaven. He'd kick tail on that song, or a duet with Allison.

Some groans from the certers for Good News - don't know if that was an indication of flashers or emotion.....

I thought I heard a few screamers. GRRRRR.

The ribbon board at the RBC (where there is scrolling messages) ran "celebrate him home" when Clay came out for the introductions. That's cool. Really cool.

OMG Jojoct was filming the GN right in front of Clay...

got all the 2nd half except a bit of the itnro of the bluegrass...

The ribbon video board...and they turneed it on and had celebrate me home...and there was a huge standing O...how did his papa react...he was smiling and watching and papa was singing along...

the CV clack gatherer probably got the ribbon video board...

he was jumping up and down at the end of the glory note...one of the longest one...

he asked if the video baord will be on all night...then he clicked his hands then the video board went off...then he said lets see if I can get it to turn on again...clicked again but didn;t work...

he did say that the claymates will kikc your tail

clay didn't tear up but he was really smiling truly appreciating the welcome...

catching up on CB:

never in my life has an artist brought me to tear..until now..thank God for letting me live long enough to hear this amazing man..my life feels complete..

angela singing.. she is on too.. just blowing it away.. crowd loves her..what an amazing night in the history of Clay..the most emotional loving night of my life..and sharing it with so many that feel the same.. makes it strong and powerful..with Clay and us we can do anything...

---

quianna doing her thing.. just amazing..beautiful.. crowd errupts in applause and yelling..what a performance...just perfect....

---

Hang on....here he comes....MERRY CHRISTMAS RALEIGH.....

CROWD IS EXPLODING....I MEAN IT....THERE GOES MY SPEAKERS.....MAJOR HOLLERING AND CLAPPING....

---

THE VENUE NO LONGER EXIST.. THEY HAVE SHATTER IT..BEYOND BELIEF..

---

They are blowing the roof off!!!!

---

hank you guys so much..angel power.. thank you so much for being here.. amazing time onthe road..so many people..lots of screams..looks at flasher and say claymate will kick your asssssssssssssssssssssssss..

---

...THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS....something about Claymates kicking your @@@@ if you flash....more yelling and clapping.....talking about his tour family now...

---

The crowd roared when he came out - they just would not stop.

He told some flashers that they were going to get into so much trouble. He said, "The Claymates will KICK YOUR TAIL!!!"

---

I hope I get this right, my cellcerter said at the top of the arena, in lights it said Merry Christmas Clay From Your Fans, We Celebrate You Home!!

---

he didnt as @#%$..but drug it out lol.....be with family without being realted to.. from chicago.. flex..lots of applause.. daniel..extremely talented young man.. in lobby..record store .. I know your going to buy me christmas lol...he is rattlign on like lighting..lol..so bless to have himbrand new daddy.. 9 weeks now..yes 9 weeks andy...............

---

No. His exact words were, "The Claymates will KICK YOUR TAIL." He was very emphatic

---

so lucky to have him with us this year.. family in audience. .mr gregory ellis.. major yelling and screaming.. huge..clay has to be so proud...we can hear you you can talk...some family in the audience tonight tell us. from my school... friends from canada.. dads is the back.. brother in the show..thank them for being here tonight.. thank you so much. show wouldnt have happend if not for her.. MCWL..show would not have been the same ..making fun of me back stage..teacher.. extremly talented lady miss allison...crowd is wild....

---

...amazing musical director....baby is 9 weeks old now...Andy Abad....dancers now....everybody getting big applause....so lucky to have him with us this year from Raleigh NC mr Gregory Ellis....HUGE CHEERS....you can talk...tell us who you have here...he has people from his school who are hollering, friends etc. his brother was in the show tonight....someone else who is special.......from Raleigh NC....miss allison ?...huge cheers for her too...she introduces her family...

---

Yes I do! It seems he understands how important it is to us that people honor his request not to flash - that it really matters to us. That just makes me so happy.

---

community theater.. round of applause.. make sure you support them please. another round of applause..sc.. miss quianna parlor...major yelling....coming out very interesting way tonight.. angie fisher.. and the crowd is nuts.. not idea what she did...typwriter. let me see you do it.. my christmas present.. 5-6-7-8...and they scream....

---

Said they were going to do something special!! A bluegrass song!?!

---

gives hugs.. started singing as a younger child.. my grandfather always told me wanta a blue grass song...talking to his papa now.. this is for you ...thank you...he is singing .. oh my god.. singing to papa..dont know song.. just beautifull..where jesus layed.. beautiful star oh beautiful starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

---

Quianna and Angela getting applause....Angie doing the typewriter for Clay as a Christmas present......applause for the crew.....someone or something special tonight....grandfather wanted him to sing a bluegrass song for him....if you don't like it you can just get up and leave...singing this only for you......I don't know this but it is for his papa......sounds like gospel....beautiful star fell from...shine upon us....beautiful star fell from...shine on....oh, it's wonderful.....beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on....

---

He said his grandfather always wanted him to sing a Bluegrass song, so tonight just for Christmas - he's singing one for his grandfather. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful. Something about shine on. Beautiful star of Bethlehem - shine on.

---

He said his grandpa always wanted him to sing a blue grass song...he said he'd never do it, but he is tonight, even though his grandpa went to the men's room.

---

oh beautiful star shine one.. oh my god the tears are out of control.. oh beautiful star....is one..jesus...brighter and brighter oh beautiful star. .shine on.. oh beautiful starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...shine on us...oh dear lord help me...unto the land of virgin.. oh beautiful star shine on............that it its over for me.. never top that.

---

DSIAFCD!!!!

My friend has me on the phone now...

OH BABY THAT'S A FACT!

The place is going NUTS!!

---

Oh, beautiful Star of Bethlehem

Shining afar thru shadows dim,

Giving a light for those who long have gone (have gone),

And guiding the wise men on their way

Unto the place where Jesus lay,

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem shine on (shine on).

CHORUS

Oh, beautiful Star (beautiful, beautiful Star),

Of Bethlehem (Star of Bethlehem),

Shine upon us until the glory dawn (glory dawn);

Oh, give us Thy light to light the way into the land of perfect day,

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem shine on (shine on).

---

LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREAMS!

SPeaker is blown OUT!

---

taliking now . giving you a cue .. but you were replumishing your liquids I guesss.. giving hug.. DSIAFCD.. to the ones you love.. this show is a record breaker..once in a life time..once in the history of music.. some people aredying how many people are asking for love.. dsiafcd.. find a way....to give a little love every day...this should be a HBO special.. without a doubt.. wait another minute.. oh baby thats a fact. screaming moaning groaning..melting heartssssssssssss.. how many peopel in ths world.. how many peopl praying for loveeeeee dsiafcd.. find a way.. UNFREAKEN BELIVEABLE..my heart is broken.. never to mend again.. give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. let all the children knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he is just exploding the heavens.........give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I held that as long as he did...I cant breath.. the yelling and screaming is deafing...he is so unbeliveable.. gotta give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh my god. the ending.. oh my god oh my god oh my god.

---

That was wonderful you guys.....a must download....started show in Vancouver, challenged you not to save the love for Christmas....hug someone even if you don't know them...I think he sounded choked up for a bit there.

Into DSIAFCD.....I may not live......my heart just keeps swelling out of my chest....cellcerter just awwwwwed....how could you wait another minute.....oh baby that's a fact...and the crowd goes NUTS......wailing it.....singing to the rafters....go Clay....Go.......find a way to give a little love every day......building, building.....let all the children knoooow......wooo....crowd cheering him on.....

LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE - yikes

OH YEAH......LORDY LORDY LORDY.....HE BLEW THE ROOF OFF.......he is soooooo....finnnnd....voice went uppppppp...

don't go Clay......oh that last riff......HE KILLED THEM ALL DEAD...ALTHOUGH THEY ARE STILL PRETTY NOISY...

----

The girls have started GN, but it is still cutting out.. must be the speakers....

He's back out, major screams, but they stop just in time for the first note

"Why oh why are you afraid.... has this world stripped you of your faith?"

.... bended knee....

---

The crowd goes from being as loud as a rocketship blast - to complete quiet as Good News starts.

----

taliking now . giving you a cue .. but you were replumishing your liquids I guesss.. giving hug.. DSIAFCD.. to the ones you love.. this show is a record breaker..once in a life time..once in the history of music.. some people aredying how many people are asking for love.. dsiafcd.. find a way....to give a little love every day...this should be a HBO special.. without a doubt.. wait another minute.. oh baby thats a fact. screaming moaning groaning..melting heartssssssssssss.. how many peopel in ths world.. how many peopl praying for loveeeeee dsiafcd.. find a way.. UNFREAKEN BELIVEABLE..my heart is broken.. never to mend again.. give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. let all the children knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he is just exploding the heavens.........give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I held that as long as he did...I cant breath.. the yelling and screaming is deafing...he is so unbeliveable.. gotta give loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh my god. the ending.. oh my god oh my god oh my god.

---

....from behind the curtains comes a man dressed in black...he is a humble and loving man.....softly singing....the cellcerters are actually moaning now...ooohhhhhhh....bow your head, speak not a word...let the silence take you far from here.....I've never heard him sing so wonderfully...I am in awe and tears are flowing...I never cry like this......must just listen...

---

GN.. oh some moaing ..ohhhhhhhh. I leave with goodnewssssssssssssssssssssssssss.. such beauty and wholesomeness .bow your head speak not a work...tear of a child dry every tear....tear are abundent..flowing like a stream..he has touched so many live this evening.. more than we know.. behold christ a baby boy.. goood newsssssssssssssssgood newsssssss. an angel brins good newwwwwwwwwwwww. good newwwwwwwwwwws..my heart has turned into heaven..an if this is what it is.. I will die a happy girl... ...............christ the savior on christmas day....we break the bread we pour the wineeeeeeeeee..an angel decends heavenly bounddddddddddd.. good newwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss good newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssss...an angel brings good newsss...oh I cant type..my hands are shaking...I leave you with good newssssssssss...he soars ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I bring you good newsss. an angel brings good newssssssss..I am trembling so bad an tear flowing over the key board.....this is beyond my dreams for Clay this is the ultimate.. I leave you with good newwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssssssss he is gone........

---

.....my heart is on the floor.....claymates are crying all around......just awesome.....

---

What an emotional night this has been. It sounds like Clay really felt the love of his fans tonight. I hope he knows those of us who weren't there were sending all our love his way too.

---

sang last two notes behind the curtain....

Stunned audience.. . They are, seriously, speechless

---

Cellcerter says papa was smiling broadly and teary while Clay sang Beautiful Star of Bethlehem.

---

Papa was crying and cheering during his bluegrass song....

At the end of DSIAFCD he called Allison over and he was hugging on Allison and Gregory....Gregory had a reindeer nose on.

flashes during GN, crowd reacted and Clay seemed to tell the crowd to let it go with his hands.....some screamers during GN that I didn't hear....

---

This gal has won Stub Hub 2 times.....she said he was in great spirits and looked wonderful!

---

The stream is still on....they are going to try to find the busses or at least where th'ey are leaving from...

JOJO GOT THE WHOLE THING...SHE WAS ON THE FLOOR AFTER THE VERY LAST DETERMINED TO GET EVERYTHING....

I'll be listening to the followup and will post if I hear anything exciting. Y'all missed JFL last night.

---

This has been an awesome night for the CV board also...the love has just spread and multiplied tonight!

SO in the end of DSIAFCD he goes to Allison during the going down low part and in the end he had his arm around her and Quiana...

btw Nick was on the CH cellcert...when Gbb said it was a lvoely concert he said thank you...no that I did any singing...he was totally cute...