12/28 Melbourne FLA

bottlecap

From the website for the King Center for the Performing Arts:

The Brevard Performing Arts Center was completed in the spring of 1988. Designed as a state-of-the-art, multi-use facility, the theatre offered a diverse array of programming, including popular artists, Broadway touring shows, classical artists, ballet and contemporary dance, opera, country music artists, family-oriented events and children's theatre. The 126,000 square foot facility includes a 2000-seat performing arts hall, 200-seat black box theatre (Studio Theatre), art display areas, dance studios and rehearsal halls.

The website also talks about renovations done this summer to improve sightlines and the sound system.

It's been reported that the piano is onstage, so we should be getting the normal William Joseph opening set tonight.

CV Cellstream reporters: Only a few tickets left out of 2000.

Tonight's mission - get Jerome to say hello to the stream. The reporters are very intrepid. :P

Tasapio and Invisible926 (I think), photographers extraordinaire, close to front row center. Yeah! Love their pictures!

7:55, and William Joseph's set is starting already....

Edited by bottlecap

From CB:

wow sounds like this crowd is hyped and ready to rumble.. some screaming.. wj talking.. thank you...screaming..stage a little short on space ..but so great to be here..now playing one that he wrote.. crowd quiet now..

---

they started about 8 minutes early tonight.. might be because of time restraints.. and getting GN in ..wj doing great job as always...can tell crowd is really enjoying it.. by their response..lots of yelling.. thank you..sound muffled a bit now.. some one yelled out.. and he said thank you..pretty rough job..talking about the time he played during a fight at the game..went on for a really long time.. had on head set..told him to play something..anything.. this was on nationl tv..and he played that childrens tune. crowd laughing..now talking about david foster..producer..and starting to play it

----

wonderful response from the crowd can hear them loud and clear.. now talking.. about he might fall of stage.. laughter.. I understand we have ahuge clay fan base here. and the crows go nuts..talking about picking the perfect song for the claymate. and here it is..crowd laughing..he is playing..

----

wow this sound is wonderful.. he is moving those finger..black and white keys must be a blur of gray...crowd into it..almost sounds like marching claymates lol...on the move...have to say wj is in fine form tonight....at least his fingers are..and the crowd so shows thier appreciation...

---

now talking about clay .. I want you to know what ever you want to play you can.. just want you to know I really like...I get it clay and the crowd laughs.. playing so beautifully now.. bet clay stops dead in his tracks when he plays this..his favorite..

---

I enjoy listening to William Joseph's playing on the cellstream, and from the pictures and video I've seen, he's quite the rumpled lil' hawtie. His patter, however, could use some work. Perhaps in his symphony gigs, he didn't need to be spontaneously funny and have different banter every night. However, when you've listened to the same exact jokes a few dozen times, it gets a little tiring. Good thing he's cute and talented, and Clay has more than enough snark for the both of them. :P

From CB:

he is thanking clay and the crowd for allowing him this tour..telling story of his dad and the empty second SO.. walking across stage..so embarassed...

---

if I come back I would really appreciate it if you would clap. .now playing the flying finger song..just mind boggling...crowd applauding in middle of song.. wow he is working the keyboard..wont be much left after this song.. they will be worn down to toothpicks...crowd is yelling..he is truly flying faster than ever ..amazing...the noise is loud...

---

lots of static for a few seconds.. now back to flying fingers.. and the crowd errupts with applause.. they sure are showing their appreciation..wow.. this is great.. clay is going to be blown away.. this crowd is rockin the roof

---

a lot of the crowd wasnt even there when william started.. due to starting early..got a SO..seen a lot of flashes...but thats not abnormal for wj set...

---

it is official.. A SELL OUT.. NO TICKETS LEFT

Ch cellstream is up...

a new story by WJ about playing in a hockey game and when there was a fight he played carousel music...

the audience are wearing very casual clothes

security is very active right now...couple of flashes seem to go off..

The ornament says ORlando...

its starting...

Jumbotron's in the Balcony...

From CB:

OK ..back with certer now.. was on phone with call in...big time security going on now.. if even one flash you are out..not ifs ands or butts about it.no second chances tonight...the seats are packed now

---

Ah, William Joseph told that hockey story in New yourk onthe 3rd night. I think someone told him he needed to vary his schtik.

Newland is on stage. eep, this causes a reaction in my stomache that is well, I won't go into it.

Edited by playbiller

We're underway - Recording..... and a big pause before the music starts. Oops, was somebody not paying attention there?

The live piano kicks in, with Felix laying down a steady backing beat...a crowd is milling around the town square with shopping bags as a choir sings... John D. proposes to his girl du jour (cough* she's in for a surprise * cough)... and an angel in white oversees them all.

Ah, William Joseph told that hockey story in New yourk onthe 3rd night. I think someone told him he needed to vary his schtik.

Newland is on stage. eep, this causes a reaction in my stomache that is well, I won't go into it.

You mean she actually said newland? of CH? I thought she said Nolan...I was wodnering why she needed to say that...hmmm.

The comment was that Newland is on stage with Clay in the community chorus.

Is Newland from Florida? I thought she was from California.

I think she has a house in Florida and spends a lot of time there...and I see that it is up on the CH now...

Hey, ldyjocelyn, welcome back from your holiday travels!

Sleigh Ride - It's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with yyyyeeeww...

I'm digging the hand motions he's recently started doing on "Let's take the road before us".

No snow falling here - you'll have to bring your big black SUV to pick me up tonight, Clay. :P

Jingle Bells is gliding along like it's on rails - fast and smooth.

Edited by bottlecap

From CB:

crowd is wild..music starting..wow the audience is wooly tonight.they are crazy.and the white lighting hits the stage..CT...sound out of this universe..on top of the world this is going to be a great night..hold onto your seats we are in for a ride...like none other...he is awsome

---

Here we go....Christmastime

Children, gather around

and listen

You'll hear the sound of Angels.....

Was there ever a more appropriate opening?

The s ound of angels indeed!

---

he is just sailing..taking us all out to sea with him.. riding the waves tonight.. what a ride.. his voice is massive and so strong..

---

knock knock knock.. tommy enters the sceen...crowd laughing.. having a good time..bev is really gotten good at this.. a real professional actress..her voice is just so believeable..lots of laughter from the crowd..what bev smells like..everybody loves christmas.. its not that I dont like christmas bev say....music drifting in the back ground.. getting ready for sr and jb.. this is a wave I definately want to ride tonight..

---

I've got babysitting duties tonight, but I can't help checking in as often as possible. Its so good hearing Clay's voice. The sound is great tonight. I just can't believe we've only got three concerts left

---

phone ringing.. mail box full. music stopped ..momentarly.. while white lighting watches from a distance..feeling bev's pain.. time to cheer her up with SR and JB..if that dont do it nothing will.. here we go....sliegh bells jingling ..come on lovely weather sleigh ride together with you....very up beat and happy.. gitty up. .gitty up.. can see his hands clutched..pulling our reings....birthday party...perfect ending of a perfect day...his vocals are just amazing.. these wonder thing remember all thru our lives.. snow is falling.. gitty up gittyup lets go...

---

crowd loved him....hold on claymate.. our ride is here.. JB..jingle bells jingle bells ....unbelievable.. tone in his voice...dixonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn voice is defing gravity.. on the steps.. feet spread wide apart..hips and shoulder leaned backwards..right hand down to side.. snapping his long fingers.. to the beat...rolling his hips to the beat.. knee is just wow.. crowd is screaming.. I am dead meat.. gettinghot in here..oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and the earth moves under his feet.. they dynamite the place..

---

Food for thought

From the CH

sugrbugr

Oooooh, if Newland gets to watch him change clothes backstage I'm going to be sooooo jealous! *g*

Love them Jingle bells - ok, I am repeating myself, but that song always lifts my heart.

Podsoda posted about her Dad in her blog today. Here is a link in the OFC, but you have to sign on first. Podsoda's blog

From CB via CH:

talking to girl who had m&g with clay..past concert.. she said while they were taking their picture she asked clay will you marry me.. and he said not just now..I have a show to do..

from Cb:

vignette. abour the traditions of christmas.. and the Mr.. he died a long time ago..telling tommy about how she met him and the magic of that night..as Clay glares at them.. so intensily..repeating every word and action in his mind.. the music starts to play..as he smiles and opens his lupurious lips.. she smiling...so romantic.. innocent..as he watches what is happening around him..he asked if she would like ....maybe just one....his whole voice changes in this song..the private side of clay comes out.. it just flows thru the words and the note.. and the way he releases them.. give it a channncee...as they hold each other and gracefully slide across the floor...knowing that love is blooming.. clay watches every move..every touch.. every eye contact..watching two heart joinging as one.. such beauty is once in a life time. and its bev's time.. oh itwill get you if you give it a chanceeeeeeeee..

---

To elaborate on the story you brought over, Ansa, (which is now on the prior page) she is a Broad, and said all her bridemaids would of course be dressed in purple. CV has the exclusive rights to stream from the wedding...Hee.

So pppfffftt to the Clackhouse on that one! Jemock is out of luck! :P

Edited by bottlecap

To elaborate on the story you brought over, Ansa, she is a Broad, and said all her bridemaids would of course be dressed in purple.  CV has the exclusive rights to stream from the wedding...Hee.

So pppfffftt to the Clackhouse on that one!  Jemock is out of luck!  :P

oh that is just perfect...totally love them broads...I hope we do a cellcert chat :D

okay why were they laughing during HYAMLC...I hope this is just the CH cellcerter getting a giggle fit.

From Cb:

the crowd is absolutely spell bound..could hear a pin drop.. give it a chanceeeeeeeeee and they applaude.. now bev and tommy talking about.. the ornament.. he stole it off a christmas tree.. very special to me.. and he drops it.. but no harm done.. the memories live on forever..music picking up..HYAMLC.. as the past comes to life..have yourself a merry little christmas.. our trouble will be out of sight...our trouble will be milesssssss awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwy.. every night his voice gets more sultry, passoniate,seductive sends tremors thru me..shiningggggg starrrrrrrrr highest bowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww WOW..got applause for that one.. have yourself a merry little christmas time...

---

CW.. frosted window panes..merry christmas may your dreams come true.. 3.4 time.....wishing you and yours same thing too..crowd applauding...its the time of year when the world falls in love....such perfect vocals...very powerful..vocals.. and the crowd so loves it too..

---

crowd is absolutely expoliding the joint.. with second place.. that clay aiken....and they are out of control sending chills thru me.. they are breaking the earth apart.. this is amazing..oh i thought he won.. and they are hysterical.. clay has to be glowing.. a huge bright shining star...SB .. clay singing.. children laughing.. you hearrrrrrr silver bells.. silver balls.. its christmas time in the city.. ring a ling hear them sing.. just perfection...soon it will be christmas day.. as bev joins in...sounding great.. now both as one.. each of their notes enhances the others.. oh my just beautiful.. its christmas time inthe city ringa ling.. hear them sing.. clays voice is so strong tongiht his is almost all I hear.. soon it will be christmas dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee..audience is in awe...huge applause. and yelling....wonderful

---

angela singing now.. would love to see her do this again in person.. such a totally different thing than hearing it on the stream.. she is wonderful.. very emotional song.. crowd is really quiet..