12/29 Clearwater, Fl

Ansamcw

Love, love, love the silver bells duet.

I was listening to NPR on Christmas and they were talking about the guys that wrote Silver Bells. They needed a Christmas in the city song and they had a bell on their piano. Some one lifted it up and rang it. One guy said "tinkle bell" and they both thought that was a good start. So they wrote this song they loved called "tinkle bell". They left the office happy that day, thinking they had a winner. So one guy walks in the door and his wife asked how his day went. He said great we wrote a song called tinkle bell and it could be a hit.

"tinkle bell? you aren't serious" said his wife "don't you know what tinkle means to a lot of people?" The guy said most people wouldn't think like that. But his wife was pretty insistant that he rewrite the song.

The next day he goes in and talks to his partner. They start thinking what else they could say - and one guy says look at the bell, it is silver, lets call it silver bell and see how much of the song we can save.

This is the story of why people sit and listen to siler bells rather than run for bathrooms.

ETA Ahem - you know at CV they don't have an edit message so people wouldn't feel so bad about editing their posts. Just saying.

Edited by playbiller

From CB:

wj must be over.. can hear them talking.. cant make out much.. lots of static.. very full house..someone laughing like a hyenia....background noise pretty over powering... did hear it is sold out..

---

I tell you this womens laugh is hysterical...almost non stop..Mary is there with electricial tape..

---

show should be starting real soon..said it might be a 100 seat short of a sell out.. now....see jerome...think tomorrow is a sell out.

---

crowd is clapping.. they want clay...lots of bacground noise..sounds like a wild crowd tonight..hyped to the gill...

---

talking about hoping he sings WAYDNYE.. tomorrow night.. we can only hope..

---

really clapping now.. getting louder and louder..this should be a great show tonight...this crowd is definately into it and ready to explode

---

pre recording..can hear him very well..still have lots of background noise. but he is coming thur loud and clear.. do not use your flash and the crowd screams....enjoy the show.. starts right now.. and they are craz\

----

OMG - THIS IS SO CLEAR.....music is starting as the cast takes the stage....look over there.... it's Clayyyyyy!!!!

Children, gather around and listen you'll hear the sound of angels filling the sky telling everyone that Christmas time is herrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee (until he says its done!)

---

boy the music and sound is great....beat picking up.. crowd getting ready to let lose. and they so dooooooooooo.. wow.. great screaming...drums are beating.. with the rythem of the music.. children singing...and the man in white set foot on the stage demands yours attention..with such power and range in voice.. sound wonderful.. absolutely..amazing...almost like I am there....he cascades around the stage.. working his magical voice ..touching everyone

---

I swear he is right here in front of me singing.. just close my eyes and there he is.. pouring his heart and soul out.. children gather around.. this is absolutely chilling..what w great performace.. crowd applauding..with sheer delight...music fades int MCWL

---

lay's voice rings out over the eager audience....he sounds so energized......Merry Christmas to all who may dwell here.... may the joy of season surround you, Merry Christmas with loooovee - love that little bit of melissma on love

---

his voice is awesome..closing my eyes agin.. and there he is..lower regrister..so sultry and silky..raising up now.. he is in the most perfect form ....triming the treeeeeeee..merry christmas to all who ....merry christmas to even juust one.. joy of the season surround you....oh he sings the word love.. like butter rolling off his tongue..sweet cream butter..voice is just dynamite tonight..soaring to reach those high notes.. with ease...merry christmass to all ...merry christmas..even jussssssssssssssssst one...joy of the season surround you merry christmas ...with looooooveeeeeeee the crowd..is wild.. major thudding happening...

---

tommy really knocking tonight.. lol...bev opens the door.. come in..run my light bill sky high.. whats the matter with you excuse me.. where is your christmas tree.. no room in here for one of those...crowd is very quiet..now laughing..clay off to the side ..hanging on their every word..hands clasped together.. in front of him hanging down in front of his tummy..thumbs softy rubbing each other..as the crowd laughs . .his lips form the most perfect smile ever..and it stays and stays......music starting softly....

---

he is belting this song out with everything he has.. just amazing...such joy and happiness in his voice.. gitty up gitty up lets go....wonderland ....just flawlesssss.. nice and rosy comfy cozy are we....he must be dancing if not on the outside definately on the inside...

---

WOO - crowd noisly responding to Sleigh Bells.....now it's Jingle Bells.....WOW....THE ENERGY is just pulsing through my speakers......they must be having so much fun tonight....dash away allllllllllllllllll......

---

JINGLE BELLS.... He has so much fun singing this song. I'm picturing him shaking that leg about now. Everyone just let out a hoot. Must have been a good one.

---

HOLD ON...JB... music is fantastic.. and he is jingling.. all the way.. dixonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nailed it.. some screaming ...sleigh ride.. he is on friggin fire...burning up the stage.. dash away alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll now to the steps.. oh my my.. his stance is perfection in this.. strong solid.. just flexable enought to rock and roll his hips as he snapps those fingers. .shoulder rocking.. crowd loving it....he is smokinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dont think I have any rollers left on this new chair...oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and Clearwater is no longer clear.. droolwater now..

---vignette .. talking about Mr. and died a long time ago...picking out the tree..cut it down.. ..chuckles for tommy.. piaon starts to ping...christmas dance..she met him there.. as the scene goes to the past. .and how their love grew and bloomed.. her angels voice pierces the air..spreading..sweet romanic dew amongst everyone around.. as he tells the story with song.. if you give it a chanceeeeee...just beautiful.. his inter heart and feeling are open ..to give us all a glimsp of his inter beauty.. his love .. his dreams..across the floorrrr.. voice is so throbbing.. just overwhelming with want and love.. season ..the reason for roooomance.. oh itllll get you... a chance.. I am lost in his voice.. he has a way of just taking you in and holding on to you so soflty and tenderly.. and warmly...and the audience so appreciated him.. just beautiful..

---

YES!

lots of clapping for the last song......Tommy is incredulous that he STOLE AN ORNAMENT OFF A CHRISTMAS TREE....then he drops the precious keepsake....uh oh, EWWWW DID YOU KISS.....

Have Yourself a merry little christmas, let your heart be light, from now on our troubles will be outa sight.....snuggle up and listen...his voice is gorgeous, smoooooooth and strong....

---

bev and tommy talking about the ornament.....out of nowhere the voice of an angel.. from now on ..our troubles will be out of sightt....all I hear is sheer flawless perfect.. so powerful it take over all of you... miless awayyyyyyyyyyyy holding that note and releasing it with passionate quivering...jolts.. through the years ..all be together...shinning star ..highest bowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. crowd applauded .. when hit s the glory note..from now on our troubles will be out of sighttttttttttttttttttttt.. hanging onto these notes.. letting his voice box just quiver.. with the words.. and letting them flow from his lips.. omy...highest bowwwwwwwwwwww.. bit of a change up on last bow...merry christmas with looovee. .and they give him love...

---

oooooh myyyyyy - that was just gorgeous...it was the best christmas Beverly has ever had......Tommy says he got 2 left feet from dad's side of the family.....and off they go to the applause of the audience......merry christmas, may your new year's dreams come true.......dancing and dancing and dancing......

---

CW.....frosted window panes.. lost connection.. now back...lost it again.. I am having palpations here.. back now...things for you and for me.. time of year when the world falls in love....seems to say merry christams.. range is magnificant...3.4 time wishing you and yours same thing toooooo...isnt it wonderful that we can hear him live all over the country at the same time..only the power of Clay could have made this all possible...crowd applauding.. as they dance across the floor.. enjoying.. having fun..crowd applauding again..wishing you and yours ..same thing tooo....

he is giving a blow out performance tonight.. ....major screaming and applauding

---

came in second.. and crowd roars...should have won.. and they are wild...that clay aiken...and they are out of control.. clay has to be beeming .. floating on air.. crowd loving it....

----

Oh yeah, they love that second place guy....he shoulda won you know.....second place is not so bad....look what happened to that clay aiken guy....

---

silver belllllllsssssssssssssssssssss.. sings deep down from his throat..holding note..then letting it all out.. exploding in the air.. silver belllssssssss silver bells .. its chritmas time in thecity ringaling hear them sing.. harmonizing perfection...soon it will be christmas day ...soon it will be christmas dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee..

---

lets go bake those coooookieeeeesss....YES!

I've got chills again.....the starting notes of this song....chestnuts roasting on the open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose...the sound of our angel making the scene....everybody knows some turkey and some mistletoe help to make the season bright......the memories of the past, the now and the future to come.....ahhhhhhh......so sweet...we are so blessed to hear him singing.....please pass the claynex.....

---

cookie time.. as bev and tommy walk to the kitchen.. her guardian angel.. not far behind.. he never leaves her.. chestnuts roating on an open fire......as he wave his hand to stop time.. so he can work his magic..the magic of friendship.loving ..sharing.. and belonging once again..eyes all a glowwwwww..he is so open .. tongiht.. heart is open for all to take a piece of him.. that will grow in side your heart.. spreading the joy of love.. he sits on the step.. reaching inside his jacket pocket..taking the cutter out.. soothing it between his sily pure fingers.. know its magic.. turn places it on the table..making dreams come true..as he stands and gazes so lovingly at the two miracles god had given him..kids from one to ninty two.. many times many ways.. merry christmas .. merry christmas merry merry christmassssss.. such passion just overwhelming.. as he fades to the darkenss.........to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu crowd is wild.. the man is astonishing...

---

Angela is singing now. Miss you most at Christmastime.

With all this talk about missing Clay once the tour is over, I'm thinking the exact opposite of this applies to us. We miss him LEAST at Christmastime th anks to Joyful Noise!

---

tell you there is not a flaw in any of his 72 inches tonight.. every inch tied to each other like a perfect chain of pure perfection.. wrapped in white..his insides full of hope and happieness ready to release it all on us.. angela singing now..again stream does not do her justic...this is a chilling performance to witness live...

---

mailbox full again.. tommy at the door..talking about wrapping presents cause his dad is clueless...got any big plans for christmas day.. ...crowd chuckles.. havent been to church in year.. christmas musical.. good seattttsss.. offer I cant refuse. .as her angle.. see what is happening.. she is opening up.. letting life and the joy of the season back into her hear.. as he approachs them.. with that majic touch.. home for the holidays.......each time I find myself totally surround in your circle.. please celebateeeee me home.. give me a numbe.. oh his voice is just heart bursting.. shattering ...like he is living the song an words. .feeling everyone of them.. comon home comon homeeeeeeeeee.... this is wonderful... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee celebrate me home. .and the crowd is screaming.. sending chills and goosbumps everywhere.... he is soaring .. beyond words..bring me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give a number please celebrate me hommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..ee omy he worked home off his tongue just amazing.. please celebrate me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please celebrate me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. I am trembling.. ...please celebrate me home.... and the crowd is out of control. have to be a SO.. outstanding....

---

Umm, watching football on Christmas? Wasn't it mostly basketball on TV then, or am I hallucinating? (Although, I think the Detroit Lions playing a Christmas game regularly does ring a bell. Never mind....)

Love the dynamics in Celebrate Me Home.... low notes (with occasional growls if we're lucky) up to those high falsetto notes. Sigh...

Yup that is what I love about CMH the most because it has so much texture...even when the growl is absent.

intermission report...the Newland report...when they all met the players...he was shaking people's hands...

when he came out to shake hands he asked are you all from Orlando and everyone said no!!!...since its really Melbourne..then he snarked on Newland to say that its you again...and joked ...you are stalking us...and Allison said he;s kidding. then when she was answering his questions about the group Clay would say...why are you answering you are not even from here...Then Allison said she lived here...then he asked her, where do youlive...when she said Maryland...he goes, See?

wow she is talking really fast...I give up...I will check the CH for a summary.

Yup that is what I love about CMH the most because it has so much texture...even when the growl is absent.

ITA. It really is a tour-de-force performance.

Can anyone recommend the best mp3 of this song? I'm going to be compiling a CD soon of Christmas, and will of course need this.

Newland - Finished rehersals - did not meet WJ - saw him eating on the table himself. Could not hear him backstage though.

Clay was supposed to see the group before WJ, but Allison said it will between WJ and show - take pictures, etc. This is why the intermissions are so lenghty.

People put in order for pictures. Clay is going to come out and shake hads and ask name. Sees Newland and recognizes her and tells next person "she is stalking us". Allison tels group Clay is kidding. He asks the name of the gour, what is your last show, what is your next show. He tells Neland that he knows she doesnlt live there. He gave her a hard time about where she lives. (he saw her in Maryland and in a M&G. The rest of the group had no idea why he is picking on her.

Then pictures are taken withy Clay. They have cameras and camera phones. Clay kneels down between the little kids in the front row. The stuffthey want signed is gathered up. Clay will sign it later.

The official group does the prayer circle. Then what's her name dancer tells them that "this is the fun part of the show we come out and as we walk forward the audience starts cheering and we think it is dfor us, but Clay is coming out".

Show starts and they go out. Allison told them if they forget the lyrics, sing watermellon rutabaga.

SO they do thier thing. When they come to get the cookie boy. and he asks if it is going to be scarey. She tells him it is all about him, After he is done people ask him how he did and he said he kicked their butts and cracked everyone up.

The santa outfit is not brought out until they are going to use it. and the guy asks how many shows has this been in - the guy wearing the beard is afraid about geting sick.

ITA. It really is a tour-de-force performance.

Can anyone recommend the best mp3 of this song? I'm going to be compiling a CD soon of Christmas, and will of course need this.

If you want the best CMH it is from portland...it had growls and wails and still had Jacob in there that gave the sound more body...my very very favorite...

The santa outfit is not brought out until they are going to use it. and the guy asks how many shows has this been in - the guy wearing the beard is afraid about geting sick.

That's hysterical - I am picturing a trail of feverish and sneezing "Santas" left in the wake of JNT05....

Edited by bottlecap

More Newland

They are up singing at the end andthe curtain got stuck, they are swaying and singing. No one knew that they were going to have to wait forever through the intermission. Everyone changed to thier church clothes.They are standing in the wings, the stage is set and they are waiting. Allison John and Briana are sitting - Clay comes out with Quiana and Angela sitting on the riser. Angela is trying to show Clay how to do a back stretch exercise, then there is a problem with his shoes, . SO everyone is watching and he can't do the exercise. so he lies down and the people are amazed that Clay would lie down in the white suit on the riser that has to be filthy.

(back to rehersal - when they are done ( good news was in the rehersal. ) They were also told not to lose their pass, they would have trouble getting back in without them. There were quite a lot of security people does not know how anyone to back there.)

Finally start and sit and freeze and sit and freeze - but muszt freeze with heads down - Allison said you will be temptedto look up, but don't do it.

Told them they had to freeze based on the bling sound. Other time, they have to chit chat, until the bling sound. When you see Allison sit, get in a comfortable position because you will be there during the whole song...ect more and more.

Intors, etc. When they switch to the handhelds, souonded like peants .Wah wah wah.... You had to guess with the intros to when you want to get on the stage.

So the intros were the only time to watch Clay, but they also had to watch Allison because thaty had to sing some phrases when she did., SO you could not really watch him.

Newland:

When Clay was rushing through the intros - they knew that Good News was not happening. If they went over a certain time, they pay big bucks. They physically have to get off stage. They did not get off the stage until 10:45.

She thinks there was no good news in Melborne because of time because of the way he was rushing. She does not believe that it was from Flashing. She did see some flashes, behind the curtains.

30 people at the meet and greet afterwards - radio, and OFC.

Were you close when Clay changed clothes - no. - other side of stage.

She did not see his ass.

They can't see the blings (frozen Y'all) but have to listen for them.

Edited by playbiller

From Corabeth of CH:

After CMH, the curtain got a little stuck. Clay and A/Q dropped character too soon! The theater group does a lot of swaying!

Intermission was very long so they change into their church clothes.

She feels they were planning to do GN as they did it in the rehearsal. They were very adament about keeping their passes as security in Hollywood was very lax and they were upset. (Must have really pissed Clay off when the people snuck back.)

Second Act recap:

They seemed to have to wait a long time to go out to the pews. Angela was trying to show Clay a backstretching exercise while they were waiting. Clay was laughing about his shoes. The exercise didn't work so he lay down on the riser! Guy behind Newland was upset that the white suit was going to get dirty.

In the pews it is sit and freeze, sit and freeze. Not supposed to see the angels so can't look at him. Allison told them they would be tempted to look up but don't look up.

Patricia had given them all the hand signals and to wait for the priiiiiinnnng to freeze.

---

Newland says they can't see -- they can't look at what is happening on stage so it is very interesting. Again, Patricia had given us all the hand signals. You never know when they are going to happen and you have to freeze. Whereever you are, even if you are in a weird position, you have to freeze. When Gregory reads, take the opportunity to stretch because that's the position your going to be in.

When they switched to the handheld mike, backstage we couldn't hear a thing-- sounded like Peanuts mother-- whawhawha.

Newland not greatly amused with the stalking remark. She does not want that reputation among the fans.

Food was soo good. Small room Grilled Mahi, Bacon shimp, broccli, fresh fruit, beef teryaki. Everyone was pretty impressed.

More about bending stretching lying down. Interesting to watch, The Clay said " i guess that the suit is scotch guarded because it is not dirty."

Show is starting. I will rest now.

Edited by playbiller

There you go- Neewland was recognized because according to Careless whisper

Newland21 has had 3 SH M&Gs that I can remember (DC & Baltimore just this month and in New Hampshire during the NAT) plus Clay danced with her during the JNT04 at MSG.

Could we describe that as "bogarting" the Clay?

Edited by playbiller