12/29 Clearwater, Fl

Ansamcw

There you go- Neewland was recognized because according to Careless whisper
Newland21 has had 3 SH M&Gs that I can remember (DC & Baltimore just this month and in New Hampshire during the NAT) plus Clay danced with her during the JNT04 at MSG.

Could we describe taht as "bogarting"the Clay?

Yes and the JNT M&G's are consecutive nights I think...or concerts...and she told him about knowing Allison and he asked her to give a doll to Allison during the show. Clay is very good with faces so he would surely know Newland.

Is it the cellcert or does Clay sound like he is getting a cold? He sounds great but a little mucousy (sp).

Yeah I think he has been having this trouble for a few concerts now...definitely since the christmas break.

wow beautiful ending to TFN!!!! he didn;t power through and what gorgeous vibrato...excellent

There you go- Neewland was recognized because according to Careless whisper
Newland21 has had 3 SH M&Gs that I can remember (DC & Baltimore just this month and in New Hampshire during the NAT) plus Clay danced with her during the JNT04 at MSG.

Could we describe that as "bogarting" the Clay?

bogarting???? <_<

Main Entry: bogart1

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: to selfishly take or keep something; hog

Example: She was drunk and bogarted attention at the block party.

Etymology: probably from Humphrey Bogart, US actor

Usage: slang; bogarted, bogarting

I believe this is common terminology with MaryJane AKA weed AKA pot

Edited by playbiller

Yeah I think he has been having this trouble for a few concerts now...definitely since the christmas break.

Crap, I bet Faye made Clay wear the infected Santa suit when he was home for Christmas. And the trail of disease and pestilence continues... :unsure:

At least we did not miss the end of Emanuel.

I thought people had said it is the cellcert - people were saying Clay sounded sick over the cell in Raleigh. Actually, people think he is sick over most of the cellcerts.

I call standing O over MDYK

Edited by playbiller

From CB:

cant make out much of anything they are saying now.. pretty muffled.. lots of crowd noise.

.Clay was magnificant in the first half..his voice was awsome..mighty and healthy...just blew me away..cant believe its intermission already..

---

heard them talking about ethel.. dont have a clue why. or if she is there..hair is blonde again and not so spiky

---

think they were talking about reporters being there earlier.. but they are gone now.. didnt even make it to JB..

---

Intermission....Talked to my sister. She says venue is full and is really beautiful. Sound is great.

Small growl in CMH

---

SOCKS ALERT!

RED/WHITE/BROWN or BLACK

HORIZONTAL

---

Talked to caper - I'm sure you all were listening in. Hair is combed over and not at all spiky. Looks blond but it might be the lights.

Maybe 100 empty seats.

She's noticing things she didn't see in NY.

3 security guards are close by so she can't make a lot of adjustments to the laptop. I told her we were all learning a lot about WMP.

Wearing the multi-colored socks - sounded like the DC socks.

---

Cell signal is PERFECT ~ this is probably the best venue for sound.....

Applause for Angel Clay coming out...no dialogue yet... fixing tie, laughter.....Are you looking for someone? You have to narrate!

---

fix that tie!

LOL

OHN..

oH holy night...

the stars are brightly shining

this is the night (LOW NOTE!!)

Long lay the world.

in sin and error pining

Till he appears

and the soul felt its worth

A thrill of hope

the weary world rejoices

For yonder breaks

a new and glorious morn

Fall on your knnnnnneeeeesss

O hear the angel voices!

O niiiiiiiiight, divine!!

----

OHN....music playing ever so softly.. as clay walks to tommy ..touching him sending warmth throughout his body.. turns and flipps his tie out...with a smirky grin.. as he goes to bev turning her to face tommy....he heart breaks for him.. as she goes to him.. she is now doing to tommy what her angel has done for her.. and she is filled with love.....as her angel stands on the step of glory.. hands gently every so slightly the mic stand.. as his voice propelled from his lungs.. each breath he enhales.. is exspelled with tiny micros of infectious love and warmth.. oh nighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttdevine..oh night when christ was born.. oh nighttttttttttttttttttt oh hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy night.. this is heart wrenching. .and the crowd explodes in applause.. thrill offf hope.. his voice sounds like it quivered...fall on your kneeeeeeeeeeeeesss.. for hear the angels.. holy cow he is tearin it apart just shreading this song in percent absolutely perfect notes... soaring beyond words.. oh night devieeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

---

OMG!!! His voice on Oh Holy Night is soaring perfection!!!!!!

---

O Holy Night

O there just aren't words to adequately describe the second half of this show.

wondrous

amazing

divine

I'm sure you can come up with a few more, but I'm too in awe!

---

this night devinee do you hearrrrrrrr the angelllllllls voiceeeeesss. now low and tender. .night devineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. and they are out of control in fl...just the most amazing performacne of OHN ever....

---

LOTS of cheering and screaming... he finished with such a delicate touch! Moving right along with the reading....

TFN

He sounds like he's having SUCH a good time. He is singing with a smile in his voice.... he sounds happy and gentle, like he's giving us all a big hug... Noel....... born is the king of Israel....

---

hubby birthday madness.....back in time to hear the audience erupt from OHN....I only heard the last notes

TFN now....oh sigh.....this is marvelous.....silky....oh, that lower register noel.....his voice is climbing, floating.....embracing the audience....joy and hope for everybody.....noel, noel, noel born is the king of Israel....voice is soaring......strong.....mankind is born....uhhhhhhhh..

---

TFN.. he is right here singing to me.. so clear ...so loud...he is definately pulling out all the stops tonight.. noellllllllll noellll noellllllllllllllllll noelllllllllllllllll... born is the king of iseriallllllllllllllllllll....the words are just melting as they are released from his lips.. his lungs and breath has warmed them to perfection ...both day and night..noelllllllllllllllllll noellllllllll noelllllllllllllllllllll noelllllllllllllllllllllllll..born is the king ...of iserialllllllllllvocals gliding up and down..noellllllllll noellllllllllll born is the king .. of iserialllllllllllllllllllllllll.. this is by far the best.. the hair on my arms are standing straight up.. born is the king born is the king of iseriallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll there cant be a roof let on that venue.. has to be another SO..

---

So far we're getting the traditional Clay version of TFN - but traditional Clay leaves everything else in the dust.

OH his voice is just SOARING!

Born is the king of Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

and the audience shows due appreciation.

Right into HTHAS

---

Drums sound loud in TFN, but it could be the monitors... Clay is singing the daylights out of it! Mankind has BOOORRNN... Noel, Noel....born is the king....

born is the king......

Born is the king.... of ISRAEL!

PERFECTION!!!!

MAJOR Screaming! WHOO-HOOO! Quasi-standing O ~ Florida loves him, but doesn't stand up!

Hark the herald angels sing....

(I hope they don't go too long tonight... we want GN!)

---

OCAYF....

sweet and light.... little riff on BETHLEHEM... chills...

Oh come let us adore him.... oh we do!

Loooooooooooorrrrdddd KEY CHANGE!

Come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant....

He's singing it like it is the last time he will.... giving it everything he's got!

Christ.... THE LOOOOOOOOOOORRRRDDDDDD....

the LOOOORRRDD!!!!

Major love from the crowd! They are eating it up!!!

LIClayLady said "Oh my God, he is SO good..." in a yummy way!

Emmanuel....

---

HTHAS - OCAYF....peace on earth.. joyful all ye nations.. with angelica proclaim.. christ is born in bethleham.. those reporters dont have a friggin clue what they are missing....christ the everlasting lord.. I just feel his warmth and vibes all around me tongith.. and each one of us.. hark the hearld angels singggg glory to the new born ... oh come all ye faithful.. joyful.. oh come ye .. oh come ye.to bethleham.. come and behold him born the king of anges.. his heart is wide open.. just bleeding for us to take it and embrace it. .never let it go... christ the lordddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd .. just heart throbbing.. my heart is beating so fast it almost hurts.. come and behold him..lord the king of angels.. oh come.. adore him.. oh come ..adore him. oh come.. voice is breaking the air apart just shattering it to micro pieces.. the lorddddddddddddddddd...I cant breath

---

.....HTHAS.....I'm just surrounded by these beautiful notes....CAYF.....tenderness and strength.....stunning.....I feel like I need to stand....oh come ye oh come ye....oh come let us adore him....jubilation...

Oh gawd...that last tHE LORRRDDDD....went right outa the building...

---

OH MY LORD & TAYLOR!!!! HE IS SO ON TONIGHT!!! AND NOW.....MY NEW FAVORITE EMMANUEL!!!!

---

O come o come Emmanuel

Oh MY - the stream of this is crystal clear and Clay's voice is so reverent. Such peaceful perfection - even as he sings about death's dark shadow being put to flight

---

Emmanuel.....he is killing me......rejoice, rejoice......it doesn't get any better than this right here.....see him standing there in that circle of light......the love is just pouring from him.....

---

I think this Emmanuel is going to become the best song he does on this tour... he's trying to sing it so that heaven can hear... I dont think he really needs that microphone! Rejoice.. it is so touching that it brings tears to your eyes... perfection. Utterly and truly....perfection.....

---

emmanuel.. clay has marked this song forever. he owns it.. rejoiceeeeee rejoiceeee voice is just piercing my skin.. prickles of electrial shots.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrejoice.. what a astonishing performace.. just overpowering...sucking you into him.. leave you clinging for more and more.. oh iserialllllllllllllll rejoice rejoice emmanuell.. shall come to thee.. rejoice.. if this didnt bring them to tears nothig ever will.. rejoiceeeeee....they are wild ...and in love with CLay..

---

And the final hushed

Rejoice.

Will we ever forget the first time we heard that? I know I won't.

Mary Did You Know now

You still here, Liz?

---

Per Playbiller:

thiught people had said it is the cellcert - people were saying Clay sounded sick over the cell in Raleigh. Actually, people think he is sick over most of the cellcerts.

That could be possible. He sounded just fine to me in Raleigh although the sound was not as great as in Charlotte.

At least we did not missthe end of Emanuel.

I thiught people had said it is the cellcert - people were saying Clay sounded sick over the cell in Raleigh.  Actually, people think he is sick over most of the cellcerts.

Very true. And Angela always sounds screetchy..when she really isn't. Most of the time. *g*

It's almost over. Wah.

Main Entry:  bogart1

Part of Speech:  verb

Definition:  to selfishly take or keep something; hog

Example:  She was drunk and bogarted attention at the block party.

Etymology:  probably from Humphrey Bogart, US actor

Usage:  slang; bogarted, bogarting

I believe this is common terminology with MaryJane AKA weed AKA pot

thanks for the explanation...hee.

hee...Quiana...just followed Clay;s arrangement of MGUCL a bit...went down on hearts. She is singing this more tenderly and playing with the melody too. She is good...but tender Clay...is phenomenal.

Fear...I think when he got to pensacola his voice was really ragged...I thought he was totally cracking and missing out on some of his brilliant tones.

When he got to SC...I thought he was a bit reserved...he sounded better than Pensacola but he didn't give it his all. I thought he was taking care of his voice cos that would be three shows consecutive. In Raleigh I thought he was excellent. His voice was still not 100% as in the beginning of the tour...but his interpretations was inspired. He gave his all that night...it was fantastic.

Right now...I still detect a tightness in his singing...specially in OHN and MCWL. Since this is after a long break, I think his problem this time may be a cold. He is still able to compensate beautifully IMO...

Wow - it's almost 10:45 already.  My bet tonight - No Good News.

How much? I think he will sing it. He's not rushing the intros like he has before.

My question: do people think tomorrow night will be prank city? I'm not sure -- if they do, it will be before DSIAFCD.

From CB:

MDYK. and the crowd expodes in applause and screaming.. sound like he might have messed up the words here a few times hope its the stream..lol.. blind will see deaf will hear.. lamb will leap.. dumb willll speak.. praises of the lambbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.. major applause.. think i may need cpr after this performance.. the sleeping your holding ..great I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...he has wasted me.. completely wasted me. and the crowd on their feet major screaming yelling whooping.. just nuts...wonderful...some one yelled love yea clay..

---

Some people are yelling odd things to him "Have a baby, Clay..." the "I Love You, Clay" ....

Grownups make mistakes, too....

---

someone yelled something couldnt catch it. .but heard somesay for God sakes...so must not have been approporiate..vignette.. now sitting up for quinanna's song.. talking about grown ups make mistakes too..

---

Beverly: "Singing, dancing and now this. You're quite the performer."

Hmmmm I can think of someone else this applies to.

Singing, dancing and now playwriting. And of course being an angel.

Quiana now - MGUCL

---

....somebody is hollering and cellcerter isn't happy....never mind, we hear the piano playing and our magical Clay is directing Beverly to Tommy......Beverly thinks that Christmas is a holiday for EVERYONE and sometimes it takes kids to remind us...

Quianna takes over to finish the circle....MGUCL....for the world in need.....no more lives torn apart...that time will heal our hearts....that right would always win and love would never end....

---

It would make more sense if the yeller said "Have MY baby, Clay.." but that's apparently not what she said.. LIClayLady confirmed she said "Have A baby, Clay..."

WHAT?!

---

Cheering for Mr. Ledford......

Everyone would have a prayer..

Right would always win

Love would never end...

This is my grown up Christmas wish.....

Big cheering for Quianna!!!!

GOOD FOR HER!

Recorded message.....CHANGING TIME>...

---

crowd really enjoying quianna. amazing job.. crowd applauding and screaming....she blew it out of the water tongith.. this whole concert is a definate download.. most powerful yet...now pre recording from clay..

---

OMG.. he set one foot on stage and the earth opened up.. crowd is nuts.....merry christmashe has to be floating on air.. draped in black.. laced with charm and sex appeal.. blessed with the gift of voice talent and love...

---

He's coming back out... Lots of WOW! KILL ME NOW! Yells!

LOL

Talking about coming back here after last year, and come back again tomorrow night.

Been an amazing time with all of the hard workers who put this show together.

Some have worked with him for several years, so deserve a medal...

Learned a lot about family....

Can be with family even if people you are not related to..

Introducing band....

---

We make this joyful noise for you!

And here he is!

Says how wonderful it is to come back to a city they were in last year.

Inviting them to come back tomorrow night for the last show.

Talks about how some of the crew deserves a medal for being with him 2 years.

He's thrilled to call them family - and segues into intoductions.

---

if you want to come back tomorrow night we will be here again.. work extremely hard to make this show what it is.. worked with a lot of these people for the past 2 years.. we learned that often times.. family not just people you are related to.. chicago lo.. flex..daniel...crowd showing their love...lost connection..

---

....often times you can be with family even though you are not around the people you are related to.....usual talk and saying how nice it is to be rounding up the tour in a city they were in last year....

ah, nooooo, I lost my stream...

---

Hear that the dancers are being introduced, but lots of love coming from the audience, so I can't make out who he is introducing

Another round of applause....

Very professional and mature: Gregory Ellis!

He is mumbling something, but everyone is giggling...

Story behind MCWL and Beverly, so he had to bring the person who introduced the song to him in 9th grade... Allison!

---

I can't hear my stream right now, so I'll take this opportunity to do what Clay is probably instructing the audience to do - offering hugs to those around you. So these ((((HUGS)))) are for all of you down there at the bottom of the page:

ldyjocelyn, Couch Tomato, Ansamcw, clay4shore, playbiller, claying4keeps, Claycat, FearofH2O, clayforever, smcenaney

Edited by bottlecap

From CH:

Clay invited everyone back tomorrow night.

"A few people on the stage have been putting up with me for 2.5 years."

"This Christmas was not only special for Andy because he got to spend it with us -and isn't that enough for anyone- but he got to spend it with his new baby."

Don't forget to hound DJS for a recap tomorrow = I think she is there representing FCA tonight.

Yup and she will be there until tomorrow night...she will have to give recap fo sho!!!

beautiful glory note ...cellcerter said lots of flashes going...

I don;t think we will get GN...unless they don;t have as strict a policy in this venue!!!

wow huge ovation...I wonder if they will let them go...

YAY...they are getting GN!!!!