Pin Maker lounge

Ansamcw

I'm not sure which forum/thread this should be in, but here goes!

I've been updating my pin trading spreadsheet and have finally entered all the costs per pin that I have paid. I have a few pins that I only received in trades and don't know what they were sold for. Can anyone tell me what these pins sold for originally?

I would just like to have a record of the relative individual pin costs for myself. I have also posted this list at the Clayboard and have gotten some responses already - those pins aren't on the list over here.

Alberta - $1.63

All Ohio - $2.28

CA ChicksForClay - $2.14

CA pictures - $2.12

Central Ohio - $1.91

Christians For Clay - $2.25

Claytionery - $3.35

Claytruth - $3.29

Florida palm tree - $2.25

Georgia - $3.35

Hawaii flower - $2.50

Hawaii lei - $2.50

Indiana - $3.46

Kansas City round - $2.70

MIClayNation - $2.00

North Jersey - $3.00

Orlando paw - $2.18

PAClayFans - $4.88

Pray For Clay - $1.43

PRoC flag - $3.10

Rebels For Clay - $1.85

South Florida license plate - $3.00

South Jersey - $2.75

Southwest Ohio - $3.50

Tsathy - $3.50

Use Your Voice - $5.87

Virginia - $2.33

West Virginia - $3.43

Thuds happen - $2.53

Any and all cost information is greatly appreciated! I will update this list as I get info - thanks!

ETA: Wow! Thanks, ncgurrl , txflwrgrl, and jd921! I did the same think with my shipping costs - prices might have varied slightly from person to person, but it should be close enough in the end.

Here are the remaining one needing costs:

Aikenology

Baltimore crabby

Charlotte Area members only - $3.75

Generation Clay

Jewell Club

Louisiana members only

Media Hub

Orlando skyline

jd921, I'll be sending you an email shortly - thanks!

Edited by cameocat

Here are some of the prices. Most of them are a little low as I had added the shipping and then divided by number ordered to get a cost for each. If someone bought only one of the pins then the entire shipping would have to be added to the cost of the pin. So just take these figures as an estimate.

Alberta  1.63

CA ChicksForClay 2.14

Central Ohio 1.91

Christians For Clay 2.25

Claytionery 3.35

Florida palm tree 2.25

Georgia 3.35

Hawaii flower 2.50

Hawaii lei 2.50

Indiana 3.46

Kansas City round 2.70

MIClayNation 2.00

North Jersey 3.00

Orlando paw 2.18

PAClayFans 4.88

Pray For Clay 1.43

PRoC flag 3.10

Rebels For Clay 1.85

South Florida license plate

South Jersey

Southwest Ohio 3.50

Tsathy 3.50

Use Your Voice 5.87

Virginia 2.33

West Virginia 3.43

Edited by ncgurrl

I have noticed that yellow does not seem to be a good color for pins. It tends to be muddy on the pin even when the proof is bright and vibrent. Are there any other colors that do not translate well?

I did the Jerome pin with a yellow background and thought it came out better than expected. I think it depends on if the text is written on the color, like Boston, it does look a little muddy. J

Here are some more for your list

All Ohio $2.28

CA pictures  $2.12

Charlotte Claymates pin $3.75

claytruth pins $3.29

Thuds happen $2.53

Thank you! I've updated my list, except for the Charlotte one. Are you referring the round members only pin, or the publicly sold state-shaped pin?

CANADA SHIPPING QUESTION:

I have a question for all pin sellers - I have seen people mention filling out the custom forms for all pins sent to Canada - I handled the Musical Journey pin and have found this site so much help as I do 3 more pins - but I sent all pins to Canada without doing anything different besides postage and all pins got there - was that just luck on my part?? I do not want to risk people not getting their pins in Canada but I probably sent 20-30 orders and heard od no problems.

Thanks-

Melanie

CANADA SHIPPING QUESTION:

I have a question for all pin sellers - I have seen people mention filling out the custom forms for all pins sent to Canada - I handled the Musical Journey pin and have found this site so much help as I do 3 more pins - but I sent all pins to Canada without doing anything different besides postage and all pins got there - was that just luck on my part??  I do not want to risk people not getting their pins in Canada but I probably sent 20-30 orders and heard od no problems.

Thanks-

Melanie

I live in canada and I noticed that not all my pins had the custom decalration form stuck to envelope. Most of them didn't have any and only two had them.

Hi...

I've set up a Paypal account to take orders for my pin. However, it's told me that if I take more than a certain amount of money in payments in a month, I need to have the account verified by adding a credit card.

Do I really have to do this? Has anyone encountered this before??

Help!!!

:)

Guest Sue Markoski

I was wondering if you received an answer on your question. I have always bought on Paypal but never received on Paypal. Can customers use their debit cards and does the money go directly into my bank I have listed? Thanks, Sue

ote=Hidi99,Sep 26 2005, 03:25 PM]

Hi...

I've set up a Paypal account to take orders for my pin. However, it's told me that if I take more than a certain amount of money in payments in a month, I need to have the account verified by adding a credit card.

Do I really have to do this? Has anyone encountered this before??

Help!!!

:)

Yes, personal Paypal accounts are limited in how much they can receive each month. I think the limits vary depending on if you are verified or not.

You can have one personal account and a separate premier or business account, but they must be attached to different emails and separate bank accounts.

Personal accounts cannot receive payments from debit cards - Paypal treats them like credit cards. You would have to upgrade to a premier or business account to accept payment from them.

Once you have premier or business account, you pay fees on all payments received - it does not matter if the person is paying you from a bank account, his/her Paypal balance, or a debit/credit card. You never pay fees to send money, regardless of the type of account you have.

Edited by cameocat

I wish I had known some of this PayPal stuff sooner. I opened my own Paypal for the Clay's 12 Days of Christmas, started getting lots of orders right away, some for large amounts from those who want complete sets. First they asked me who my supplier was and said I need to get verified. Did that. Did the whole credit card and new bank account thing. Now, it's still limited and they won't let me touch it until I've proven all kinds of things to them. I just spent almost $20.00 in faxes, trying to prove that the buyers will get a product, that I'm not ripping people off, that I have a legitmate address, phone number, etc, etc.

What kills me is what I am going through is because so many people wanted the sets of these pins ahead of time. Now, they want proof that I'm sending the products to 5 people at random (they chose them), and yet the whole set is not in my hands, nor will it be for awhile.

I have had to make other arrangements to take payments for these pins, in the meantime, trying to find a way to send tracking numbers for their randomly chosen customers who paid for products I can't send yet.

Any suggestions???? This has been one of the most frustrating things I've been through. I've been in tears even!! :(

Also, anyone who has dealt with me with other pins knows that I'm not a scam artist and I'm sure NOT ripping people off!!!

(((shenandoah2)))

I think this is Paypals way of getting people to get a business account or a premium account where you pay a fee for every transaction. They don;t make anything from your transactions in a personal account and they want to discourage that. They see that it is some sort of business and they want a piece of that so they are being difficult. thanks for sharing your experience...I bet you will help others to avoid this kind of trouble.

I use epackngo for #000 poly bubble mailers - their price is good ($49.00 for 500) and their shipping costs are reasonable for my location ($10.99). I found them to be the best value for money and their delivery is very fast (within a few days).

Hope this helps!

I've attached customs labels to all of the envelopes I have shipped outside of the US. I just print up an extra set of labels for those and attach them - there doesn't seem to be a lot of them and I'd rather be safe than sorry!!

I have received many trades from other countries that did not have customs tags on them, though.

Edited by WNYClayFan

I need some direction. I have 5 pins ready to go, just waiting to hear from manufacturer. Am wanting to get the pix in circulation to a) get some idea of interest and (B) make sure someone else isn't planning the same pin. Shall I put them on the threads on the boards as "coming attractions?"

Also: What's the deal with photos? I've gotten permission for 3 of the 5 pins, but not heard back from the last photographer about 2 pins using her photos. Best to wait to hear?

thanks

I need some direction.  I have 5 pins ready to go, just waiting to hear from manufacturer.  Am wanting to get the pix in circulation to a) get some idea of interest and (B) make sure someone else isn't planning the same pin.  Shall I put them on the threads on the boards as "coming attractions?"

Also:  What's the deal with photos?  I've gotten permission for 3 of the 5 pins, but not heard back from the last photographer about 2 pins using her photos.  Best to wait to hear?

thanks

You can post your pins in the New pins thread...we are always eager to see new designs. As for the photographers...you can post the pins and say pending or waiting for approval. That was how we found out about the photgrapher of our first pin. We thought this was from a seattle newspaper. when we had it up someon contacted us about it and we were able to get in touch with the original photographer. I always feel that its a good practice to give credit to photographers and designers.

I'm interested in hearing from people when they get their Jukebox DVD pins. I'm also VERY interested if they DON'T arrive.

In other news, I made a donation to some group this summer and was supposed to get a pin. I don't think it ever arrived. Does anyone remember this group and/or pin?

Finally, I just got off the phone with Jeff at Pin Promotions. I was checking on the shipping date of the Holiday Gift pin. Turns out he's in the path of Hurricane Wilma. He's sent everyone at the company home except for himself and one other. They seem to be planning on riding out the storm there. I wish him well. He always came through for me, even through long, sometimes very long, delays.

{{{{{{Jeff}}}}}}

I'm getting ready to have my pins produced and have some questions:

Margi at Pin Pros vs. Jeff at PinPromotions? Heard great things about both.

I liked Jeff's digital proofs better -- they were clearer. How close to the proof does the pin actually deliver?

Has anyone seen a photo-epoxy dome pin from Pin Pros? Does anyone know which company did the Annointed Voice pin? I can't read the backs of the pins, even with a magnifying glass.

Also, I have a longstanding paypal merchant account but have not used it in the last several years. I can't remember -- does the money go into my bank directly or into a paypal account as a credit?

thanks for helping. And a little prayer goes up for Jeff and PP. I've got family in the way of Wilma, bless them too.

PS TO ARTQUEST: The group/pin was "The Way We Make a Difference" for the Got Tickets? pin -- or you could also be referring to the Clay Pen pin, I think that is Pams Creative's website. A donation to that website got you the ClayPen.

Edited by waytoooldforclay2

I'm getting ready to have my pins produced and have some questions:

Margi at Pin Pros vs. Jeff at PinPromotions?  Heard great things about both.

I liked Jeff's digital proofs better -- they were clearer.  How close to the proof does the pin actually deliver?

Has anyone seen a photo-epoxy dome pin from Pin Pros?  Does anyone know which company did the Annointed Voice pin?  I can't read the backs of the pins, even with a magnifying glass.

Also, I have a longstanding paypal merchant account but have not used it in the last several years.  I can't remember -- does the money go into my bank directly or into a paypal account as a credit?

thanks for helping.  And a little prayer goes up for Jeff and PP.  I've got family in the way of Wilma, bless them too.

PS TO ARTQUEST:  The group/pin was "The Way We Make a Difference" for the Got Tickets? pin -- or you could also be referring to the Clay Pen pin, I think that is Pams Creative's website.  A donation to that website got you the ClayPen.

I looked through my stash very quickly and did not see a photo pin from Pin Pros, but I could easily have overlooked one. The Annointed Voice pin was done by National. RedJet used Jeff at Pin Promotions for her sketch pins. I did see several that were done by Lapel Pins and some by Pinz.