• Right Here Waiting
    • Lonely No More
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
    • When I See You Smile
    • A Thousand Days
    • Lover All Alone (bonus track 1)

Hi SilverAngel!

I think he's adorable at the end of the TV appearances for this song. He looks to me like he knows exactly what he's doing -- directing the band. Making sure they end together and all that.

It is an emotionally draining song.

Who else needs Kleenex?

Maybe I shouldn't have come to the party tonight because. I really do not like this song either.

Can we say BORING????????

I also don't feel any emotion in the verses. He just sounds so disinterested I have to wonder why he's so upset the chick left! :blink:

oh it wouldn't be so much fun if we all agreed...

but I do disagree...one of the songs I felt he truly connected.

the verses ...I can see why some people may think that...but I felt like he was still a little numb by what happened so he was a bit subdued...then he starts feeling the pain as the first chorus starts...then by the final chorus...he is just in PAAAAAAIIIINNNN...it hurst and he wails...and wails...

whew...what a build up.

the first time I heard this...goose bumps all over.

Beautiful. I am a pianist. so I love the sound of Clay singing and the

beautiful piano. Song always makes me cry.

Hi silver angel...

glad you can join us. Yeah like the instrumentation to this one...some people may think its heavy on the strings but he needs a strong backdrop to that glorious voice

I think that "Without You" will be awesome to hear in the tour in 2007.

I think he gets more and more comfortable with the song with each time

he does it. Can't quite recall, did he do this on The View?

OMG....I can't remember....oh no!!!

I think so!!!!

there has been so much great Clack they were getting piled up together.

Concert setting for this one will be VERY interesting for this one. I'm wondering if this will be "the encore," a la "Solitaire."

Ansa, you're right -- his voice needs a strong string section behind him for this one.

And that low voice gets me every.single.time.

I want chocolate.........

Just saying.......

hmmmm chocolate....hee

I am getting hungry...shoot

I think this was chosen as a great for TV but not so great for radio...

but man what a show piece.

can;t wait for the concert.

Every Time You Go Away

This is one I'm still warming up to...I like it a lot, but I think I was expecting a LOT more with the green eyed soul on this one. I'm guessing that in concert, he'll rip it up.

It builds nicely...but there's no real climax, IMO.

That was for muski. :P

Does anybody think that they used protools (heh) on clay's voice at the end when he's singing the scales/ i read somewhere that some asshat critic said something about the cd being heavy with protools for his voice...

it's bs, of course, but at the end when he slides up the scale while holding hte note and starts sounding like an actual musical instrument....

anybody?

this is a song I wasn't very familiar with. I knew what it was and have heard it but the original never made an impression on me....

BUT I LOVE THIS....

I really loved this...I don;t know why. I think its just a very fun song and I loved his voice on this. It is full voice...with that cry quality he sometimes get...then there are soft breathy parts that are so sexy. I really like the extended ooooohs...it is so sexy for me...

this was one of my early favorites.

Does anybody think that they used protools (heh) on clay's voice at the end when he's singing the scales/ i read somewhere that some asshat critic said something about the cd being heavy with protools for his voice...

it's bs, of course, but at the end when he slides up the scale while holding hte note and starts sounding like an actual musical instrument....

anybody?

Nope. Not at all, IMO. I love that section where his voice echoes the notes of the guitar. That's probably my favorite section of the whole song.

I'm not sure what "protools" actually does, other than enhance his voice. I saw that they did use them...but I really just can't imagine WHERE.

Also, that "I can't go o-o-on..." is so very lovely!

Every time you go away. you take a piece of me with you.

Love that verse. Well, mooooovvvvvvvveeee~~

The man is just awesome. I love this song also. lol~!

Every time you go away, you take a pice of me with you.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh

great ....love it.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh...

i can't go on ......

going on and on and on

Everytime you go away .. you take a pice of me with you.

ohhhhhhh.

yeah.....you take a piece of me with you.

ohhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fade away

everytime you go.

It is beautiful.

anybody?

its possible but I don't think so cos its not really that perfect...that is why I like it...heh. See thats the trouble with Clay's voice it is so smooth that people think he got protooled. That is why I love that interview with Suzie McNeil where she said that they really didn't touch his voice too much and that she was amazed at how pure vocals was used.

By the end of the night, muski will be well trained.... maybe I'll have a new mouse by next week.

anyway...i've always loved this song..love the hall and oates version and the paul young version. I enjoy clay's version but wanted more oomph. it's too laid back. paul young's version is a lot more soulful to me and i just love it. maybe he will chance it up in concert. i can see that happening.

yeah...that was couchie up there....I agree it's too predictable in the delivery...laid back, i guess is right...

i DO like the 'I can feel your body mooooooooooove" though...that's hot.

i sorta get annoyed at the way he makes the 'you take a piece of me' staccato-like...

take a pizza me with you...

love the ooooooooooooo at the end, though.... i think he'll improve this song big time in concert...i can imagine him grabbing the mic stand and hopping up and down when he sings certain parts...

I don't even know what protools is.

The instrumentation at the very beginning makes me think of an aerobics class! :lol:

I like the allegedly protooled part. Guess we'll know of whatever that is was used when he sings it in concert.

That end part is r eally is the only thing I like on this song. (Am I going to get banned from next week's party if I keep saying negative things?????????)

Ok. I like the part where he says he can feel her body move..... :)

But I heard the original of this on the radio yesterday and I liked it better.

I have heard the Hall and Oates version and I liked it better.

When I heard he was going to do this one, I was hoping for some green-eyed soul. But instead we got, IMO, a rather bland poppy version.

And he sounds like he's smiling through the whole song and its not a smiling kind of song.

I am definitely not getting invited back........ :unsure: