Prime Time Television

Ansamcw

well I am glad I didn't miss anything than I thought it was a new special. Tiffany won? She came in second in season 1. Her food always looked good. She was the villian in her season.

Right now on TC I think their is too many people

I like when it is a little less people it is easier to keep track of people than. 2 people will probably go home tonight since no one came home last week.

I think this all belongs in the reality TV thread - but - what is reality, when they edit so much??????

I think the right two people got canned last night. And regarding editing - before they "amazingly" cut to commercial before announcing who would pack up their knives, new British Anthony-Bourdain-wannabe judge said he thought Daniel was the most creative and had the most promise (um, no, no, wrong!) and he trashed the other two, so it looked like Carla was leaving. Bummer. Then yay! because I was tired of Melissa's whining and Daniel's obtuse bragging, and anyway, I like Carla.

For lack of shows that I enjoy for the next week or so, I've downloaded the entire season of Kingdom Hospital from a few years back....I just never got a round to watching it when it was first aired. Stephen King is a card - wacky sense of humour. LOL.

I'm looking forward to Jan 15th when it seems all the regular shows I watch resume.

I think this all belongs in the reality TV thread - but - what is reality, when they edit so much??????

I think the right two people got canned last night. And regarding editing - before they "amazingly" cut to commercial before announcing who would pack up their knives, new British Anthony-Bourdain-wannabe judge said he thought Daniel was the most creative and had the most promise (um, no, no, wrong!) and he trashed the other two, so it looked like Carla was leaving. Bummer. Then yay! because I was tired of Melissa's whining and Daniel's obtuse bragging, and anyway, I like Carla.

that new judge tries to hard to be funny. If it takes that much effort it usually isn't funny. Thought Carla was going home and I was bummed to (she is funny). Daniel's food looked really gross to me. Maybe I am just not a foodie. Melissa I barely remember so that can't be a good thing. Radika (?) I have never ever tried Indian food but her food looks pretty good to me. I love Fabio he is too cute.

In Tom Colicchio's blog this morning, he says the new guy thought he was hired to be funny, but the new guy has had an attitude adjustment and will now be really paying attention to the food.

I was not impressed that he was impressed with Daniel's food, and with the tapas.

I use to read those blogs a lot but for some reason when ever I go to Bravos site something usually my computer gets stuck on their page.

I just thought Daniel's food looked gross. I always wonder what the food really tastes like. Especially since when there are certain challenges it seems the guests and judges opinions differ so much.

Top chef - Colicchio blogged that so much more happens that they can't squeeze in to an hour, but says that at no time are the judges aware of how people act in the kitchen or in private.

He said this week's elimination was pretty much due to the "customers" - both leads were weak, but the customers like Stepan's desserts and that left the last impression.

I don't really care who wins this year - no heroes and villians, really. Just kinda nice and sorta unpleasant.

I almost long for a Hung dish that he describes as "marinated sauteed poached baked grilled hummingbird tongues and squirrel testicles that are of course still medium rare, garnished with caviar and jicama foam, nestled on a bed of baby greens gathered in the Himalayas, with a dressing that I cannot even tell you about, it is so difficult to create - in fact, I am not even going to serve it because ALL of your palates are unschooled and unworthy! Pah! Just take my word that everybody else's food was disgusting and sucked!"

This year? Devilled eggs, fried green tomatoes. Filet mignon sammich. Boiled ostrich egg.

Sigh.

Chopped is pretty good.

couchie, I agree about CSI. I also expected him to come in and take over where Grissom left off, so it's a bit of a twist for him to come in as a newbie and learn the ropes. Last night's eppy was good, too. Bones was awful! I only watched the first one....I couldn't stomach another so I switched to CSI.

Top Chef

was sad to see her go home but she was the right choice I think. no one really standing out to my this season. Although I really enjoyed the farm episode. That was the first time I wanted to try all the food.

Bones only 1/2 watched

they went undercover at the circus. not the best episode.

For those who like the restaurant wars - BBCAmerica just started a new season of Last Restaurant Standing - ten couples each get their own actual real restaurant and each week they have a challenge and one restaurant closes.

And FINALLY they have closed-captioning for the guy who is the judge - he is French and I confess I rarely understood a thing he said, I just love the show.

I have found that I rarely watch any of the drama-type shows I like on network TV any more - I figure I can watch the reruns on A&E or other channels like that......plus (old codger voice) when I was younger, it seems to me that there were 26 or so episodes of a show each year, not just 12 or whatever. Seems like I can catch a re-run a couple of weeks after the first showing sometimes.

And I am over that old-fashioned continuity thing :-O.

What cracks me up is how some shows tout an "all new" episode - in September, when a season has just started.

Never did catch the last season of the Sopranos, but now I can watch that on Sunday nights. There is so much going on that even though I read the TwoP or whatever comments, I will still watch it with fresh eyes. Sorta like going to a Clay concert after listening to a dismissive cellcert commentary.

Newsflash - some of those fans hate David Chase as much as some Clay fans hate Clive Davis or Jaymes - IMO silly on both counts.

Big Bang Theory still makes me laugh out loud, it is so sweet and funny.

Yay! for Leah getting canned (heh) on Top Chef. I am rooting for Carla, even tho I know it is prolly futile. I noticed last week that she is (warning - incoming old saying!!!!) absolutely beautiful without those glasses on (weird shape makes her look pop-eyed, IMO) - and then found out she used to model.

My fantasy is that she out-Padmas Padma in the glamour department on the finale, and then whacks Stephan over the head with her frying pan of mad French cooking technique skilz.

The feminist in me was getting tired of the Oh we must have two women in the finals comments, they are there as chefs, stop acting like it is gender wars. I disliked Lisa's cockiness just as much as I disliked Hung's or Marcel's.

Got sucked back in to Burn Notice - it really is almost a comedy with random (well, okay, continuous) violence. Plus I want my hair to look like Sharon Gless's, after I grow it out all silver for the fourth time.

Guess I'll download House to find out. :cryingwlaughter:

I saw an ad for the following new series, whilst watching the Oscars last night. Since my kids got me hooked on the O.C. when it was running, I've been looking for Ben McKenzie to show up in something else. This is it! So I am pretty hopeful about this. I never thought he got the accolades he deserved for his role as Ryan in the O.C., while Seth (Adam Brody) got everything, IMO.

<H1 class=firstHeading id=firstHeading>Southland (TV series)</H1><H3 id=siteSub>A new show staring The O.C. star Benjamin McKenzie and FOX star Michael Cudlitz. From the producer of ER and West Wing.</H3>Cudlitz and McKenzie are joined by other cast members including Regina King ("Ray," "Jerry Maguire") who plays Detective Lydia Adams. Adams lives with and is the primary caregiver of her mother. Her partner, Detective Russell Clarke (Tom Everett Scott, "Boiler Room") is an unhappily married father of three. Michael McGrady ("The Thin Red Line") plays Detective Daniel "Sal" Salinger. Sal oversees fellow gang detectives Nate Moretta (Kevin Alejandro, "Drive," "Ugly Betty") and Sammy Bryant (Shawn Hatosy, "Alpha Dog"). Arija Bareikis ("Crossing Jordan") plays as patrol officer Chickie Brown, a single mom who dreams of being the first woman accepted into SWAT. Premieres April 9th 10/9c

Go to http://www.nbc.com/Video/preview/clips/southland/1012561/ to see a preview

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_(TV_series)"

Luckiest did you ever find out about house?

In case you didn't, the priest had some genetic condition (Whistler something?) and the boy came in and apologised. The priest had this revelation about all the coincidences that led him to House and his faith was restored. Voila! The End.

Ok I missed house last night..so didn't know we would be losing a character...

but surprised and happy to know we're losing him to this:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/O...how/4372741.cms

Anybody else watching Castle. I LOVE IT. It's just good fun. Love the Castle family.

Yay Private Practice has been renewed...I was worried for it because it didn't come back strong after the strike. But I guess moving it after GA helped. Guess that show is good for something. hee. Anyway, I went in search of the fate of PP and found this list from EW.

Hopefully, Better off Ted and Castle will be renewed on ABC. Sorry Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money didn't make it. I think the latter is also a victim of the strike.

ON CBS I like Flashpoint -- but I think eventually will get tiring but who knows so far it keeps my interest. But hope the UNIT makes it..that's some compelling TV. IMO it's way better than 24 which seems almost cartoonish in comparison. The reason I compare those two shows is that it focuses on government agencies that combat terorrism with agents who are in the grey area when it comes to how they get things done. Yet, to me the agents on The Unit are more complex and nuanced.

Fox: Don't watch anything except House...no surprise that it's back

NBC: wow..I watch nothing on NBC either.. or the CW.

ABC

The Bachelor: Already renewed.

Better Off Ted: Could go either way.

Brothers & Sisters: Already renewed.

Castle: Could go either way.

Cupid: It's a goner.

Dancing with the Stars: Already renewed.

Desperate Housewives: Already renewed.

Dirty Sexy Money: Officially canceled.

Eli Stone: Officially canceled.

Grey's Anatomy: Already renewed.

In the Motherhood: It's a goner.

Lost: Already renewed.

Private Practice: Already renewed.

Pushing Daisies: Officially canceled.

Samantha Who?: Could go either way.

Scrubs: Prospects brightening.

Supernanny: Already renewed.

Surviving Suburbia: A long shot.

Ugly Betty: Already renewed.

The Unusuals: A long shot.

Wife Swap: Already renewed.

CBS

The Amazing Race: Already renewed.

The Big Bang Theory: Already renewed.

Cold Case: Could go either way.

Criminal Minds: Sure thing.

CSI: Sure thing.

CSI: Miami: Sure thing.

CSI: NY: Sure thing.

Eleventh Hour: Could go either way. Now a long shot. Hearing the crew is looking for other work.

Flashpoint: A long shot. Could continue airing in Canada.

Gary Unmarried: Could go either way.

Ghost Whisperer: Sure thing.

Harper's Island: It's a goner.

How I Met Your Mother: Sure thing.

The Mentalist: Sure thing.

NCIS: Sure thing.

New Adventures of Old Christine: Could go either way. ABC poised to pick up if CBS passes.

Numb3rs: Safe bet.

Rules of Engagement: Safe bet.

Survivor: Already renewed.

Two and a Half Men: Already renewed.

The Unit: A long shot. Now hearing it's a goner.

Without a Trace: Could go either way.

Worst Week: A long shot.

FOX

24: Already renewed.

American Dad: Already renewed.

American Idol: Already renewed.

Bones: Sure thing.

Dollhouse: Could go either way. Now hearing it's a long shot.

Family Guy: Already renewed.

Fringe: Sure thing.

House: Sure thing.

King of the Hill: Officially canceled.

Kitchen Nightmares: Already renewed.

Lie to Me: Sure thing.

Prison Break: Officially canceled.

The Simpsons: Already renewed.

Sit Down, Shut Up: It's a goner.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: A long shot.

'Til Death: Already renewed (unfortunately).

NBC

30 Rock: Already renewed.

The Biggest Loser: Already renewed.

Celebrity Apprentice: Already renewed.

Chuck: Could go either way. Decision may not be made in time for NBC's May 4 "infront" presentation.

Friday Night Lights: Already renewed.

Heroes: Sure thing.

Kath & Kim: It's a goner.

Kings: It's a goner.

Knight Rider: It's a goner.

Law & Order: Safe bet. I hear they're already working on next season's episodes.

Law & Order: CI: Could go either way.

Law & Order: SVU: Already renewed.

Life: A long shot. Now hearing it's a goner.

Lipstick Jungle: Officially canceled.

Medium: Safe bet.

My Name is Earl: Could go either way. Fox may rescue it if NBC passes.

The Office: Already renewed.

Parks and Recreation: Safe bet.

Southland: Sure thing Officially renewed for 13 episodes.

The CW

90210: Already renewed.

America's Next Top Model: Already renewed.

Everybody Hates Chris: It's a goner.

The Game: It's a long shot.

Gossip Girl: Already renewed.

One Tree Hill: Already renewed.

Privileged: Prospects brightening.

Reaper: It's a goner.

Smallville: Already renewed.

Supernatural: Already renewed.

Yay! Big Bang, Old Christine, 30 Rock, CSI Miami!!!!!! 2 1/2 Men!!!!

So I guess I am the only person who watched Kings. Dang. I lurve Ian McShane.

He was on Jon Stewart a couple of weeks ago and was hilarious, which I was not expecting.

After I was traumatized by seeing JR throw Jack Scalia off a balcony (as if!), it was nice to see Sue Ellen get someone even better.