ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

Last week was so successful, we've got to try it again! Besides, I won't hear the last of it if we don't have a group orgasm over Broken Wings, right? Hee.

The date: Friday, October 27

The times: 9:00 – 11:00 p.m. Eastern

8:00 – 10:00 p.m. Central

7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Mountain

6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Pacific

The details: Beginning at the time listed above, load "Everything I Do (I Do It for You)" into your favorite media player. Put it on repeat and listen to the song for 15 minutes. While listening, post your comments about the song, Clay's voice, what the song does for you, anything related to the music, in this thread. After the 15 minutes are up, go to the next song on ATDW. I will provide a 5 minute warning before the next song should be started. We'll finish up the album this week with the addition of IYDKMBN.

The schedule for Friday, October 27:

9:00 – Everything I Do (I Do It For You)

9:15 – Because You Loved Me

9:30 – I want to Know What Love Is

9:45 – These Open Arms

10:00 – Here You Come Again

10:15 – Everything I Have

10:30 – Broken Wings

10:45 – If You Don't Know Me By Now (bonus track 2)

I know I've seen this as a violin as the opening instrument...but I sure don't believe it. It sounds like a whistle to me!

Also...I heard the original tonight as I was working out. I've always liked Bryan Adams, but thought his voice wasn't right for this song. Clay's works for me with this, especially with this arrangement.

EID is such a movie song - but honest to goodness I don't remember hearing it before - and I bought Princes of Thieves....

He sounds so sweet and breathy...idealistic...this is such a first love song to me...

on the second listen it's sounding more celtic-ty to me...

I know I've seen this as a violin as the opening instrument...but I sure don't believe it. It sounds like a whistle to me!

Also...I heard the original tonight as I was working out. I've always liked Bryan Adams, but thought his voice wasn't right for this song. Clay's works for me with this, especially with this arrangement.

Someone told me that its an oboe and she said an oboe sounds like a 'snake charmer" :lol:

EID is such a movie song - but honest to goodness I don't remember hearing it before - and I bought Princes of Thieves....

He sounds so sweet and breathy...idealistic...this is such a first love song to me...

I just keep seeing that arrow...know what I mean? And Alan Rickman rocks. Just thought I'd interject that here. *g*

I actually love Bryan's Adams version of this song..the only thing good about the movie was the song. I of course woudln't throw clay out with the trash if he wanted to sing it to me but I think it's too soft. But the music is very pretty and it matches the 'era' I guess.

I do love the instrumentation and the celtic flavor....

Clay singing almost exclusively in his high range is something to get used to.

also the little airy quality...is also very different...

but when you just let yourself go and give in to the new sound...I think it is really very effective. That tonal quality he uses is very compatible to th celtic instrumentation.

play, I know what you mean though...it's a very interesting harmony.

Other notes from me: I personally love the Celtic flavor of this entire thing. This was one that -- yes, I know -- everyone thought was played to death. Well, yeah, it was...but he totally changed the songs IMO with the arrangement. Makes it totally new to me.

Arrow? what arrow? The most I remember about the movie was that Kevin Costner had the flattest, whitest ass I ever saw and it ruined the movie.

He needs to sing this on a storm-whipped Welsh coastline. Is the oboe the drawling thing carrying the tune in the instrumental part? See, I'm gettin' all technical on y'all!