ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

Don't throw the tomatoes, but I think he sounds like a girl on this one.

I like the Celtic sounds, but other than that I think its a pretty boring arrangement. I also just heard the Bryan Adamns version - on my way to work this morning. All I could think about was even though I didn't like it when it came out, I like it better than Clay's version. It just sounded more passionate and Clay's sounds kind of flat emotionally.

And his voice is way too high.

(And I do promise I like the rest better.... ;) )

We're coming up on an interesting thing for me here..."all the time, all the waaaaaaaaaaay" --

he lets his voice roughen up with the ending of the note. I think that is really cool.

Another things -- I love the hard percussion feel of this whole piece. Even though it's a ballad, I keep nodding my head to the beat!

Arrow? what arrow? The most I remember about the movie was that Kevin Costner had the flattest, whitest ass I ever saw and it ruined the movie.

He needs to sing this on a storm-whipped Welsh coastline. Is the oboe the drawling thing carrying the tune in the instrumental part? See, I'm gettin' all technical on y'all!

Who should be singing this? Kevin Costner with his flat white ass? :unsure:

Or Clay, with his flat white ass??? :lol:

KAndre, you know...that arrow...that one with the camera attached to it! That was soooo cool.

claygasm, I hear ya about the high voice Clay, but I can feel something when he sings "look into your heart." Hee.

I think it very interesting that he "connects" with this song, as he's said in interviews. Wonder why?

Five minutes to next song!

Why am I thinking Welsh instead of Irish?

I don't think of this as particularly high for Clay - if I'm understanding the terms correctly, Clay strikes me more as a lyric tenor than the baritenor - he really only does deep!voiced!Clay! as punctuation or emphasis...this sounds so effortless for him...

I loved Bryan Adams version of this song from Robin Hood. The movie sucked with Kevin Costner. But we are not talking about movies here.

This song has grown on me. The longer it plays, the better I like it. I am not real crazy about the beginning, but then it picks up and catches me. Am I being to critical here. LOL

thats ok...we can be critical just not in a derogatory manner...I haven;t seen that with this group...just honest to goodness opinions. GAH if I can't be critical I will explode...hee

Yes that instrument is a woodwind instrument but not sure if its an oboe...as far as I know an oboe has a deeper sound...It could be a combination. Hey maybe its a pan flute...whatever it is I love it...it gives the perfect mood.

Or Clay, with his flat white ass??? :lol:

Finally, someone who agrees with me that the man has no ass!!! claygasm, I love you!!! Hee.

I just love the Celtic flavor of this whole thing. So very cool. Just a great arrangement, IMO.

Costner could sing this with the arrow in his flat, white ass. Clay's FWA is perfectly acceptable in many, many ways.

I think it's very romantic too - roughness wouldn't work for me on this one - too idyllic

Why am I thinking Welsh instead of Irish?

I don't think of this as particularly high for Clay - if I'm understanding the terms correctly, Clay strikes me more as a lyric tenor than the baritenor - he really only does deep!voiced!Clay! as punctuation or emphasis...this sounds so effortless for him...

I agree KAndre'.....this song does seem so effortless for him. It just flows from those sweet lips. ;)

I know the oboe is used alot in Everything I Have not sure if this is oboe or flute in Everything I Do.

I love the celtic part but I did not like this song by Bryan Adams. I do like this version better than his but its not my fav. Im nervous sharing my opinion though. I usually keep quiet so getting brave here. I dont want to make someone mad at me. :blink:

PS: I did not see the movie but I do remember the song.

Edited by Aspiegirl

Costner could sing this with the arrow in his flat, white ass. Clay's FWA is perfectly acceptable in many, many ways.

I think it's very romantic too - roughness wouldn't work for me on this one - too idyllic

I didn't think even Clay's flat white ass could be romantic! I just don't think of flat white asses as paricularly romantic. :lol:

This was a pleasant surprise....

I love the intro of the instruments...and how Clay comes in so quietly...jsut the piano and this percussion instrument...and then the guitar...WOW ...totally love the production

then the storng drum beat...and the strong phrasing...I totally love that.

This is the song that really gets my heart going and kinda makes me dance

yeah...the chorus...I am bopping along now...never fails...

Aspiegirl, don't worry about sharing an opinion. You'll be fine.

Now, on to this song -- one of the highlights, IMO. Love how he totally recast this into more of an upbeat piece. LOVE the drum work. That beat is called a hemiola -- I can get technical, y'all! Want me to explain it more?

His vocal work on this one is outstanding!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Because You Loved me is one of my favorites. This is why...

My OFC Blog

Finding Inclusion.

I sat in the car and cried. I was in a social situation and crying -- again.

Only this time I was crying not because I wanted to leave. I was crying because I wanted to stay.

I was at the Central Ohio Clay Fans CD release party and found myself experiencing inclusion as I never thought I would.

I was not being treated special. No pity. Just simple acceptance. I was in a group of people who simply let me be myself. I was treated no different. They even expected me to assist with preparations that day as if I could. So I did.

I never interacted so openly before with a group of people and never sat in a room with so many people feeling so little anxiety. I did apply some techniques to "prepare" for the party and yes some claymates supported me in doing so and thanks to their support I finally now know what its like to feel the meaning of true inclusion. It feel's kewl.

In the car on the way home. I put in Clays new CD and played one song over and over as I cried. I will always think of claymates when I listen to this song. The song was -- Because You Loved Me.

I'm everything I am because you loved me. I'm still listening to it -- over and over.

(((HUGS)))

Kathy

who knew...one of my most favorit tracks would be Celine Dione, Diane Warren song...yikes...

I LOL'd a LOT with this one, because everyone was dreading this one...and he made almost everyone at least like it.

If he'd have done "My Heart Will Go On," though...I would have poked my eyes out with a spork.

:D