ATDW Listening Party, Take 2!

ldyjocelyn

Favorite ATDW song from the last half of the album  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song from these selections?

• Everything I Do (I Do It for You)
    • Because You Loved Me
    • I Want to Know What Love Is
    • These Open Arms
    • Here You Come Again
    • Everything I Have
    • Broken Wings
    • If You Don't Know Me By Now

Im nervous sharing my opinion though. I usually keep quiet so getting brave here. I dont want to make someone mad at me. :blink:

PS: I did not see the movie but I do remember the song.

Awww Aspiegirl...go for it girl...

KAndre quietly hands Claygasm some orange-y bronzer to take care of at least one issue - the flatness is beyond her though...

Blasphemy from KAndre - I still like Celine's better (I love good OTT bombastic singing) - but I do like this - it's different enough to be interesting. I would like it better if there were more of a range in the notes - Clay sounds like he's singing almost monotonically - it makes me listen - but it's not touching me the way Celine does. Clay sounds really sincere though.

Aspiegirl, don't worry about sharing an opinion. You'll be fine.

Now, on to this song -- one of the highlights, IMO. Love how he totally recast this into more of an upbeat piece. LOVE the drum work. That beat is called a hemiola -- I can get technical, y'all! Want me to explain it more?

His vocal work on this one is outstanding!

oh please explain about hemiola...tahts a new term for me...and it is totally rocking.

;)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Because You Loved me is one of my favorites. This is why...

My OFC Blog

Finding Inclusion.

I sat in the car and cried. I was in a social situation and crying -- again.

Only this time I was crying not because I wanted to leave. I was crying because I wanted to stay.

I was at the Central Ohio Clay Fans CD release party and found myself experiencing inclusion as I never thought I would.

I was not being treated special. No pity. Just simple acceptance. I was in a group of people who simply let me be myself. I was treated no different. They even expected me to assist with preparations that day as if I could. So I did.

I never interacted so openly before with a group of people and never sat in a room with so many people feeling so little anxiety. I did apply some techniques to "prepare" for the party and yes some claymates supported me in doing so and thanks to their support I finally now know what its like to feel the meaning of true inclusion. It feel's kewl.

In the car on the way home. I put in Clays new CD and played one song over and over as I cried. I will always think of claymates when I listen to this song. The song was -- Because You Loved Me.

I'm everything I am because you loved me. I'm still listening to it -- over and over.

(((HUGS)))

Kathy

Love your story Aspiegirl!! It brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing.

Ok, I will deny this outside of the Clay world but I like this song!!

I HATED the Celine version (although Robert Redford looked hot in the movie....).

I fully expected to hate this version too.

I didn't.

I like the drums. I like the pop/rock flavor of it. They managed to take an over the top power ballad and make it pop and rock a bit.

I think he will kill on this in concert!

(And I don't think he thought about the fans with this. Unfortunately, I think he thought of his mother........ :glare: )

Woohoo for playbiller! I'll comment more on that later.

Aspiegirl -- thank you for sharing! HUGS!!!!

One more comment -- I thing this song is Clay's "religious" song on the album. Imagine it as Clay singing to God -- "for all the wrong you made right." "Because YOU loved me." In other words, thank you God. IMO, that touches me more than anything.

Totally off topic - - -EEEE the cover is up at the OFC

1. All Is Well

2. Christmas Waltz

3. O Come O Come Emmanuel

4. My Grown Up Christmas List

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

now I can really get excited...wow love this...the cover was just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was a bit careful because you know...unless its not on the OFC it ain't official...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I knew Christmas watlz would be there...that is a Clive favorite ya know...

Hemiola...

Most measure have beats. Many songs are 4 beats per measure...but these can be subdivided. 1&2&3&4&.

Understand so far?

With hemiola, the emphasis is on the following beats: 1&2&3&4&.

Another popular example of this is "Perfect Day" by U2.

I hope that helps.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Because You Loved me is one of my favorites. This is why...

My OFC Blog

Finding Inclusion.

I sat in the car and cried. I was in a social situation and crying -- again.

Only this time I was crying not because I wanted to leave. I was crying because I wanted to stay.

I was at the Central Ohio Clay Fans CD release party and found myself experiencing inclusion as I never thought I would.

I was not being treated special. No pity. Just simple acceptance. I was in a group of people who simply let me be myself. I was treated no different. They even expected me to assist with preparations that day as if I could. So I did.

I never interacted so openly before with a group of people and never sat in a room with so many people feeling so little anxiety. I did apply some techniques to "prepare" for the party and yes some claymates supported me in doing so and thanks to their support I finally now know what its like to feel the meaning of true inclusion. It feel's kewl.

In the car on the way home. I put in Clays new CD and played one song over and over as I cried. I will always think of claymates when I listen to this song. The song was -- Because You Loved Me.

I'm everything I am because you loved me. I'm still listening to it -- over and over.

(((HUGS)))

Kathy

AWWWW that got me verklempt...sniff....thank you for sharing....

I expected to hate this as well, I was really dreading it, but it is not as "pointed"? It seems to be more "sincere" Anotehr gret musical comment!

Oh, Aspiegirl, You have been sharing your love with Clay fans for a long time. Why would anyone not like you? Now if you hated dogs, I might, you know, think about it.

Just joking, I have friends that hate dogs, too.

I expected to hate this as well, I was really dreading it, but it is not as "pointed"? It seems to be more "sincere" Anotehr gret musical comment!

hey Play..me and you both... ladyjocelyn is leaving me in the dust...hell even Kandre is trying to get technical. heh.

KAndre quietly hands Claygasm some orange-y bronzer to take care of at least one issue - the flatness is beyond her though...

Blasphemy from KAndre - I still like Celine's better (I love good OTT bombastic singing) - but I do like this - it's different enough to be interesting. I would like it better if there were more of a range in the notes - Clay sounds like he's singing almost monotonically - it makes me listen - but it's not touching me the way Celine does. Clay sounds really sincere though.

See I think this is one criticism I have of ATDW...its like he was so concious of the original that he wanted to go totally different...instead of just maybe going with his instincts...I do love this arrangement...but I do think he coudl;ve gone one or two bombastic moment and he didn't because its what Celine did...

God the cover of the EP is worth the price - and then some!

Maybe I'll buy a bunch and decorate my house for Christmas with the covers.

THAT just might put me in the Christmas spirit! B)

(And I don't think needs to have a religious song on every album. He didn't on MOAM, IMO)