MCWL Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

I wanted the Disney arrangement...sniff.

This is too much like the arrangement our choir used to sing. We sing it this way at the end of Christmas EVE Mass...when we are supposed to sing loud to announce Christ birth. I wonder if this is why he chose to sing it this way.

It does seem like it should be at the end of the CD.

I like the ending...

I can imagine Clay singng this in choir robe...Yup I am glad he didn;t add this to the concert.

I remember how some CHer's thought this should be the ending of JNT04 instead of GN...what truly unimaginative people they were. I remember posting...that that is precisely why its great Clay didn't choose to sing it...its sooo cliche.

I could've done without this song in the CD...only because I got sick of this as a child. It was my favorite and I sang it non stop...now I;m sick of it.

I much prefer his version of this last year. This instrumentation seem a bit too busy for me. He seem to be singing catch up with them.

But last years version...perfect.

KAndre skids in, and pretends she was here all along...

It's still before Thanksgiving! Bah Humbug!

But I'm listening anyhoo!

Sorry, OK!?!?!? I know it's before Thanksgiving, but after turkey day is all the Christmas concerts, alright? No one would want to do the party at that time....

He slowed this one way down in concert. I think I like the peppier version of the record. Not quite as jazzy, though. And I agree with everyone else -- Nat's version is number 1 still. But Clay gives it a good shot.

Have I mentioned that I love his voice throughout this album?!?!?

I much prefer his version of this last year. This instrumentation seem a bit too busy for me. He seem to be singing catch up with them.

But last years version...perfect.

Hey..you're right LOL. He does sound a beat behind. I also love Nat's version....and I definitely prefer Clay's concert version to the album version.

But, but, but...what about WAYDNYE?!?!?! THAT's a closer.

I only said that because it was awkward to be in the middle fo the CD...but I much prefer WAYDNTE as a closer. Really it would be better if he had IBHFC instead of JTW.

Pull out the christmas without being faintly queasy from turkey? Nevah!

You know, I think I would like this better if he brought it deeper a notch or two (yes, I would be trying to turn him into Nat). I want serious sexy...

KAndre skids in, and pretends she was here all along...

It's still before Thanksgiving! Bah Humbug!

But I'm listening anyhoo!

What I was going to switch to the christmas banner and Christmas colors for the forum!!!!

:lol::lol:

nah...don;t worry...

Oh Clay definitely stands up to many of the classics; I have made a shiv to cut people who don't acknowledge the sheer perfection that is his O Holy Night - he just doesn't pull this off for me.

Ansa, you know I could poke you with the shiv...

Pull out the christmas without being faintly queasy from turkey? Nevah!

You know, I think I would like this better if he brought it deeper a notch or two (yes, I would be trying to turn him into Nat). I want serious sexy...

thats why I lvoe last years version better. He truly slowe it down and I don;t know if it went lower too. I just found it sexier...and tres cool.

GAH flashback of me and my cousin dancing to this song during our family Christmas program...

Oh Clay definitely stands up to many of the classics; I have made a shiv to cut people who don't acknowledge the sheer perfection that is his O Holy Night - he just doesn't pull this off for me.

heee... uh oh watch out world.

I'm all for deep voiced Clay....any time, anywhere.

Deeper, yes. Slower, no. I think the tempo on this one works on record better, honestly.

But lower it a half key and I'm happy!

Don’t Save It All For Christmas Day

Sorry gang, we'll only get to listen to this one twice...it's a long song!