TV Chat room

Ansamcw

Want to watch a show together with some board friends and chat about it in real time?

This is the thread to do it...Just post an alert or invitation in the main thread and on this thread before the TV event itself...then come on the thread and talk about it as you watch at home.

This is exclusively for non Clay events...tonight we will talk about the non Clay portion of the AMA's. Please post comments concerning Clay on the main Clay thread. We can do it here too of course, we really don't want to be too up tight about that but we should try and keep the main thread going.

Not sure what time the show starts...but there must be a red carpet thing going on....so what time do we want to start? Bottle? bringing the booze??? :D

The American Music Awards - 8:00 EST on ABC.

The 2006 American Music Awards is hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and will emanate from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, CA. The special is produced by dick clark productions, inc. Performers announced for the special thus far are Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Dixie Chicks, Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Mary J. Blige, Nelly Furtado, Pussycat Dolls, Rascal Flatts, Snow Patrol and Tenacious D.

Much potential for snarkage in those musical performances and the performers. A nipple slip is almost assured, given that group. I just hope it's not Jack Black's. :glare:

Presenters scheduled to appear include Nicole Richie, Tori Spelling, Ashlee Simpson, Paris Hilton, Gavin Rossdale, Nickelback, Katharine McPhee, Tommy Lee, Mario Lopez (Dancing with the Stars), Vanessa Williams (Ugly Betty), Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, William Shatner (Boston Legal, Show Me the Money), Carmen Electra, Foo Fighter's Dave Grohl, Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken, Grey's Anatomy stars Isaiah Washington and Justin Chambers, Taye Diggs (Day Break), Ryan Seacrest, Tony Hawk, Linkin Park, Chris Brown, Ice Cube, Chingy, Sean Paul, Tyrese, Frankie J, Brian McKnight, Hannah Montana's Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus, Chamillionaire, JC Chasez, JoJo, Sarah Silverman, Weird Al Yankovic, Jesse McCartney, Cheetah Girls, Wendie Malick (Big Day), Kirk Franklin and cast members from High School Musical.

Hmm truly curious about Josh Groban. I;m surprised he does not have any current American Idol performances. I mean Daughtry has an album out right?

PLEASE...if he will present with another Idol let it be Kat...I've wanted to see those two pretty pretty people together. Just don;t have Kat covering his mouth...she gets enough venom from the Taylor hick fans... :D

That's the curly-headed opera-lite Josh Groban performing, not former AIer Josh Gracin, Ansa.

Co-presenters? There are a truckload of former AIer's on the presenter list, plus Seamonkey, so I kinda suspect it will be some combination of them. Of course, Mario Lopez is also a second-place finisher on a reality show, so they could go with that schtick too. I just hope it isn't one of the skanky celebutards like Paris or whatnot, becasue EEEWWWWW. Babyface would be good, since they have met before at the David Foster thing. Weird Al would be funny, and they could do the whole "White and Nerdy" thing like in Al's video. One of the rappers would also be a good contrast.

That's the curly-headed opera-lite Josh Groban performing, not former AIer Josh Gracin, Ansa.

of course I know that..heh. I was jsut on stream of consciousness mode so it seems like tehy were together. I emant they have Carrie on performing but none of the AI5 kids.

Co-presenters? There are a truckload of former AIer's on the presenter list, plus Seamonkey, so I kinda suspect it will be some combination of them. Of course, Mario Lopez is also a second-place finisher on a reality show, so they could go with that schtick too. I just hope it isn't one of the skanky celebutards like Paris or whatnot, becasue EEEWWWWW. Babyface would be good, since they have met before at the David Foster thing. Weird Al would be funny, and they could do the whole "White and Nerdy" thing like in Al's video. One of the rappers would also be a good contrast.
I am curious as to what he will do. now that the ripa thing got talked about in the view...maybe it will b more high profile and they end up doing something about it.

What happened on Kelly and Regis? Didn't catch the show but saw on ET that Kelly was offended?
if you go here to the main thread this is where we started talking about the Regis and Kelly show last Friday...this will give you an idea of how the show went.

this link Kelly rant will bring you the the post that first taked about Kellys rand yesterday

and this Rosie vs Kelly on the view is the post that starts to explain what happened today.

So when's the pahteh starting? After today's news and BS, I'm ready! :blink:

For sure...I am looking for snark...although I don;t think we have E here...and they are the ones that usually cover the red carpet thingy.

so is anybody monitoring that for us???

Beyonce is looking good and sounding good...

she is singing live I think...I'm impressed.

I'm trying to figure out Beyonce's shoes in the opening number.

hee they look huuuge.

but gah I does she have sticky tale on her dress!!!

I am enjoying her tonight.

WOW Carrie looks good.

The netting on the bodice of Carrie's dress looks like it would be uncomfortable. She's still not very expressive when she sings...

Holy Crap! It was actually some sort of skirt over very short shorts. She does have great legs.

================================================

ama2.jpg

Edited by bottlecap

Tony Hawk is there - do you think Clay can ask him about appearing as the featured skateboarder in his next video?

I was typing and didn't see Clay. Did it look like he was with anybody we know? CV refered to Roger W. being seen on the red carpet with Katherine McPhee.

I thought this Pussycat Doll Thing would never be over.

And now Josh Groban? Talk about an eclectic mix of music.

Tony Hawk is there - do you think Clay can ask him about appearing as the featured skateboarder in his next video?

Bwah....

OMG...Josh started out of tune...you can hardly hear him

He is really very boring..his face look funny...he lloks like he was surprsied when he gets to the hihg part...

ouch...he is out of tune again...not reaching the notes...and his face is too funny when he is trying to reach the note...

I can hardly understand what he is singing.... he never impressed me really.

nope...just by himself I think...they just showed him standing up and clapping.

Well yeah I expect Roger will be withe the new kids but I am surprsied he is with KAt not with Taylor...hmmm

Sig...I think a performance of WY by Clay woudl;ve been more exciting....

oh someone on CH said they thought someone was sitting with him...but I didn;t notice.