Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville, IN

Ansamcw

From the Star Plaza Theatre's website:

Star Plaza Theatre is a 3400-seat intimate theatre with two seating levels in a semi-circle around the stage. The Main Floor Level seats 2,000 people and the Mezzanine Level,which overhangs the main level about midway, seats 1,400. The furthest seat in the auditorium is only 120 feet from the stage thrust.

Celebrate the holidays with CLAY AIKEN. Multi platinum recording artist CLAY AIKEN emerged from his 2003 American Idol experience with a recording contract, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly magazine covers, and legions of loyal fans. Those fans voted him the Fan’s Choice winner at the 2003 American Music Awards as well as TV Guide’s Fan’s Favorite Reality Star that same year. His first single, “This is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water” then won the Billboard Music Award for best selling single of 2003…and that was just the beginning. CLAY then hit the charts with the popular single “Invisible,” off his debut CD Measure of a Man, followed that up with his first Christmas CD - Merry Christmas with Love, and the book Learning to Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life. His newest CD, A Thousand Different Ways has already released it’s first single “Without You.”

CLAY AIKEN made his sold-out STAR PLAZA THEATRE debut on AUG. 23, 2005 and is now returning with his Christmas Show with Symphony Orchestra.

I'm not sure if it was the conducter or somebody else, but after the first piece of music, he had a really long spiel. I couldn't make out a word of it, but apparently it was pretty funny because he got quite a few laughs. The sound quality on the stream is making me nervous about being about to hear Clay's banter clearly.

I'm not sure if it was the conducter or somebody else, but after the first piece of music, he had a really long spiel. I couldn't make out a word of it, but apparently it was pretty funny because he got quite a few laughs. The sound quality on the stream is making me nervous about being about to hear Clay's banter clearly.

Do you mind listing out the songs they play???

CH is only covering the Clay parts

I've heard "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" so far. I don't remember what the first piece was.

Joy to the World / We Three Kings / It Came Upon a Midnight Clear / O Little Town of Bethlehem /etc. medley.

Edited by bottlecap

From Ch:

Omg... Between clay and this conductor, its going to be a hilarious night.

Do any of you know these songs? If you want to sing along... Please don't. It throws us off.

Ba dump dump.

Cripes! The CV cellstream was continuously buffering, and now I have no sound at all from it. And I already yawning my head off. I may have to give it a miss tonight if I can't get re-connected.

ETA: I'm back in. The orchestra is now playing a jazzy version of .... something. Horns, then piano, woodwinds. Now it's clearly Silver Bells.

This is certainly not coming across as a stuffy, snotty group. Sounds like it would be a fun program for the family.

Now a more conventional version of "Deck the Halls" - until the Wedding March gets thrown in there. This conductor is a hoot. Now Ode to Joy, Gloria, and on and on. Hallelujah chorus. I swear it's like listening to the Loony Tunes.

Edited by bottlecap

Jingle bells and the Stars and Stripes forever? Is that what the conducter said??

Funny - last night you couldn't hear the orchestra at all but you could hear the voices. Tonight seems to be the opposite.

Edited by Claygasm

Cripes! The CV cellstream was continuously buffering, and now I have no sound at all from it. And I already yawning my head off. I may have to give it a miss tonight if I can't get re-connected.

ETA: I'm back in. The orchestra is now playing a jazzy version of .... something. Horns, then piano, woodwinds. Now it's clearly Silver Bells.

This is certainly not coming across as a stuffy, snotty group. Sounds like it would be a fun program for the family.

Now a more conventional version of "Deck the Halls" - until the Wedding March gets thrown in there. This conductor is a hoot. Now Ode to Joy, Gloria, and on and on. Hallelujah chorus. I swear it's like listening to the Loony Tunes.

Aw too bad CH isn;t streaming...this sounds like fun

from CH

Jerome is out on the floor. Lots of fans mingling- I guess we're anti-social. That or we're just too far back. We're envious of their seats. We're about 13 rows back :)

did I make it...clay on yet?

not yet

The conductor told the audience that they had to show up at the Michael W. Smith concert naked... "yeah, he told us he wanted to see our asses by 8pm!"

I guess he toured with FrankSinatra for 8 years. He said Frank was the best (paraphrased) until you hear this next guy! WooT!