Norfolk, VA:Scope Arena

Ansamcw

Seems to be starting late tonight - it's already 8:15, and the crowd is getting restless.

Floor sold out. Several rows in the upper levels are filled.

Orchestra members are dressed in casual clothes !!

The venue allows phones and camera...as long as no flash

Faye is there..venue set up for about 2500 or so

The woman announcing the concert called him "Clay Atkin". Maybe he's assumed an alias to avoid those child support payments. :P

Terrific sound on the CV stream tonight. The orchestra is the same group as last night, and the conductor mentioned that Clay is a great singer and very funny. Well, duh!

So far , the orchestra is doing the same program as last night: starting with selections from The Nutcracker.

Bottle did they announce the name of the orchestra??

From CB...

talking to Happyclayday.. she is with Claytheone.. seen Clay and Jerome at the mall this afternoon.. the venue allows phones and camera...as long as no flash.. right now a lot of empty seat on the floor..first row isn't even filled yet.. lots may not be coming till clay comes on..first tier of the balcony 75% full right now..2nd hardly none..

Yes Faye is there..venue set up for about 2500 or so..the symphony getting ready to start in just a minute..her mama has her binoc.. out and they are right in the front seat.1 seat off center..she is gonna hold her phone up to Clay

Faye is sitting 2 seats away from happyclaydays mom. and here.. they are talking to them.. happy said there probably wont be any crotch shots tonight since his mamma there lol.. claysthe one has a camera just like zippy ....should be some good clack.. orchestra is dressed in all black.. slacks and sweatere.. 25-30 in the orchestra..starting late.. now well maybe 50 ..lol..

happy asked Faye if she remember last year when she took the picture of her and her mom together.. cause they look so much alike and she did..starting late and don't know why..lots of cameras...Clayistheone is the one who ran into him and Jerome in the mall today.. happy said he must be buying bigger slacks..:laugh

I believe they did, but I couldn't tell you exactly what is was - something like the Edward Porter Orchestra? It was a man's name anyway.

Now they are doing the selections from Vivaldi - The Four Seasons.

I actually meant to skip the concert tonight, but the sound on the cellstream is soooo good, I just can't bring myself to turn it off.

Onto the Christmas selections - What Child is This.

The conductor told a short story about rehearsal this afternoon. One of the musicians asked Clay if she could get her picture taken with him. Clay said "Sure", and according to the conductor, a bunch of the orchestra members lined up like children to get their's taken too. Hee. Guess they like the guy.

Earlier, the CV cellcerter commented on the mix of the audience - many men, and lots of what to appear to be first-timers.

Per the cellcerter, it looks like Faye is currently being interviewed by a local TV station - cameras and lights. The camera crew had interviewed a small group of teen girls earlier.

From Cb:

llbun :wave please do. I am not certing till clay comes on.. but the conductor did just say Clay gave them a list of thing they couldn't do.. and something about not mentioning a zipper..I think.. hey I got a rod stuck in my ear right now.. .its hard to hear..

Faye is in the first row.. that would be 1st.. seat 12.. two down from happyclayday

happyclayday is dead center then her mom then another lady then Faye

HE SAID THAT THEY WERE JUST THERE TO WARM UP THE AUDIENCE FOR CLAY!

:laugh

WOW, THE RECEPTION IS JUST WONDERFUL - SOUNDS LIKE I'M THERE!

Faye is sitting 2 seats away from happyclaydays mom. and here.. they are talking to them.. happy said there probably wont be any crotch shots tonight since his mamma there lol.. claysthe one has a camera just like zippy ....should be some good clack.. orchestra is dressed in all black.. slacks and sweatere.. 25-30 in the orchestra..starting late.. now well maybe 50 ..lol..

happy asked Faye if she remember last year when she took the picture of her and her mom together.. cause they look so much alike and she did..starting late and don't know why..lots of cameras...Clayistheone is the one who ran into him and Jerome in the mall today.. happy said he must be buying bigger slacks..

he mispronounced clays name.. said clay atkins

Hey, guys! Not sure I'll be able to join you for long. Alex's play is tonight again and we'll be leaving here in about an hour...I'm not surprised there are lots of men---it's in Norfolk, right? Big military presence here---Norfolk, Newport News...I LOVE that there are a lot of first timers, don't you? AND even after a local paper made a point of all the negative press Clay's gotten lately, naming the Ripagate crap, Rosie's 'outing' of him and the botched note on the first night!

hee!

Just wait...he'll blow them all away.

(ps. I'm posting Chapter 5 now...I know you all will be busy for quite a while but just wanted to let you know...)

From CB:

Faye is in the first row 2nite and CV cellcerter is saying she's surrounded by a TV station??!!!! Cameras and reporters and stuff! OMG!

THERE IS A TV STATION THERE INTERVIEWING FAYE!

I think CV cellcerter is saying that Faye is being interviewed by a television crew????

Cellcerter said there are more men present then she has seen at any other concerts. She can't tell how full the venue is due to it being intermission. The conductor actually thanked the audience for their patience at the end of their set. Do you think maybe he knows who the crowd is for?

Fay is now being interviewed for what seems like a tv station.

appy talked to mary told her not tell clay not to hold back just because mamma was here..faye signed an autograph for someone on a norfork paper and it was a terrible article..:yow jerome is walking around on stage with a Clay Aiken sweat shirt on..

orchestra coming out..same orchestra as last night ..

he lights have gone down and our man is waiting in the wings....

ROOM HOLDS 2500......

they are clapping..for clay..he isn't on yet..jesse is on..

Struggling with the mic stand. It's been one of those days. Bus breakdown a couple pf days ago. Contreversy King. Still struggling with mic stand.

"National Enquirer will have the story about the lovechild I have in Charlotte with a girl I never met. But I'm used to that." Bwah! You go Clay!!

from CB:

TFN is over - nice cheers and screams from the audience.

The mic stand will not go down...he's going to stand on his toes!!!!

Maybe I'll have one of you come up here and hold the microphone -- I was just joking.

Wishing the crowd Merry Christmas....banter has started and so has the laughing and cheering.....can't understand a word of it....very fuzzy...hope someone else is getting a clear cellcert!

Clay said the mic stand won't go down...gonna stand on his toes.

Having one of those days, weeks years...bus broke down...now th mic...I ain't that tall.....maybe one of you will come up here and hold the mic....just kidding!! Sooooo funny!!!

...ENDS TFN WITH A NICE LITTLE FLOURISH...

STARTING THE BANTER.....MIC STAND WON'T GO DOWN....

IT'S BEEN A STRANGE LAST FEW DAYS FOR THEM...BUS BROKE DOWN...E

every have just one of those days. ever have one of those weeks..maybe I will let you come up here and take over.. I was just kidding..rough past few days for us..extrremely clasy and profesional people up here..give them around of applause..talking about scandel.. putting my hand over people mouth..not that anything is wrong with it...he said lets all pray.. been a bad week..NE.. brand new scandel with clay aiken ..with some girl from charlotte . I never met..love child..had great night the last few night with the show..songs I love to do .that have a great message..he has two mics.. right now.. just hang in there were family here.. which mic am I suppose to us.. ok got it right.. oh heck now I have two angain what the heck.. laughter..

Apparently A'h have a love child somewhere in Charlotte with a girl A'h never met...think he said story of m'ah life...LOL

Still having mic troubles...Ooooooo now he has two mics...

National Enquirer...."apparently i have a love child"

We're going to have a GOOD holiday season tonight!

Chatting about the tour going well.....and how's he happy to be out with the tour over the Holidays....

Complaining about the microphones!!! Using the wrong one?!

Now he has two - he can use either one!

CROWD IS HYSTERICAL!!!!

Banter started. He seems to be having problems adjusting the microphone stand. Started talking about having a bad week - mentioned broken down bus. Got distracted with mic stand - said maybe he'd have one of you (audience members) come up and hold it for him - just kidding he says!

Now talking about being controversy king. It's been a few weeks since we've had a scandal - next issue of Nat'l Enquirer will have a story about a "love child" of mine by a woman I've never met!

We've had a great time with this show over the last week or so.

Still having problems with microphones - has two, unclear which he is supposed to use. "We're all family here, right? Give us a minute to figure this out." He's testing different mics. Says "I hope you heard that first song - not sure if that mic even worked!"

he better be careful...he's being mean <rolls eyes out of head>

That's right - we need to add "Snide" to the list of failings: old, fat. bald, poorly groomed, deadbeat dad, and snide. :P

MCWL. I think the cellstream might have used up all it's good mojo on the first half - it's getting a bit crackly for me.

Third row binoculars - She's checking out his highlights. He's worried about his grey hair. She got her's done yesterday. So did Clay's mama in the front row. Older brother Jeff.

Trying to do the husband banter, but the guy is there voluntarily. AI voting schtick.... buffering.

Talking about his hair...

introed mom and Jeff...

talked to a couple talked to the guy and he voted for Clay...

well if all the people that said they voted for me just once I may have won that contest

Mitch brought his wife...talked about where they are from

started asking epopel were they came from

He is sitting on the stage and just chatting with people about where they are from and who they are there with

I guess his schtick with the husband kinda went bust when it was the husband that brought hsi wife

talking to someone who bought the whole row.

He goes to the audiecen I hope you don;t mine I am jut making friends here...go ahead make friends with people around you...

he ended up hugging a person...there is someone screeching...others wanted a hug

this is a great cellcert.