AIW Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Please join the Finding Clay Aiken message board in a “All Is Well” listening party! It will be held on Friday, December 8, 2006, beginning at the following times:

• 9:30 p.m. EST

• 8:30 p.m. CST

• 7:30 p.m. MST

• 6:30 p.m. PST

The reason for the half past the hour start time is because I'm going to be at a work Christmas party for my husband, and I think I can be back at my computer by 8:30 p.m. :D

With this EP, we will go back to listening to each song on repeat for 15 minutes. The EP should then only take 1 hour.

The schedule will be as follows (using the EST guidelines):

• 9:30 – All Is Well

• 9:45 –Christmas Waltz

• 10:00 – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

• 10:15 – My Grown Up Christmas List

Hope you can join us…we’ll have a grand old time celebrating with Clay! And yes, swooning to the religious songs is allowed. :P

Hellllooooooo!!!!

well we will be starting in a couple of minutes.

All Is Well

I really love this song...

the very gentle start truly draws you in...

I love the simplicity of the arrangement....

the incredibel thing is...he is singing this first part so much better than the recording so much fuller....

I admit the first jump of an octave is a bit jarring...it does seem like he is shouting...but I guess that is the effect they want to have because it is a jouyous and majestic sound.

I like having no backgorund singers in concert. I think live this could be a bit intrusive to Clay;s beautiful voice.

I'm here and have started listening... it's funny...when I got the cd..I played ALL is Well once..went..that's nice...then promptly listened to Christmas Waltz and My Grownup Christmas List 1000 times. heeee

Now that it lives in infamy I've listened to it so much and love it. The low notes...of course always get to me at my core.....

Wow, you are prompt Ansa

hee...just trying to be efficient for ldyjocelyn...hee

I really like the instrumentation of this song. It never over powers Clay...I don't really remember how it is live cos I tend to get so focused on his singing...but I do think the orchestral instrumentation can be a bit heavier.

I'm here and have started listening... it's funny...when I got the cd..I played ALL is Well once..went..that's nice...then promptly listened to Christmas Waltz and My Grownup Christmas List 1000 times. heeee

Now that it lives in infamy I've listened to it so much and love it. The low notes...of course always get to me at my core.....

I do think that is the brilliance of this piece...it highlights all of Clay's strengths.

Five minutes to next song!

I have my eggnog (with my ice wine in it!) and have my first listen. I really just totally love the recorded version - even the best clack just has too much background noise...

Keeping in mind that I have no music training at all (most of my family does - I just skipped out) - he just sounds so perfectly classical to me. I had never heard this before and he caught my complete and total attention immediately. I noticed that this really doesn't have the vocal purity that he is so capable of , I hear a slight, just a tremor of roughness, making his voice more velvety than satiny...I know that doesn't make sense but that is the best way I can describe it. O Holy Night is that heavy satin finish silk, this is silk velvet.

My favorite verse is the second, very strong low register Clay. This is a perfert vehicle for showing his range. I agree, Couchie at first this song didn't capture me, but now I love it. Seeing it live was really special.

Oh, I also love the crescendo in this song.

Edited by atinal

I think as I listen to this more I get irritated with the back ups...I think I am getting so used to the live version.

What really impresses me about Clay in this concert...is how much attention he is giving all his vocal range...not just the high notes...but the low range and mid range as well.

you know, I loved that post that broke down how difficult this song is and how long clay sings in his upper register...and this man was afraid of roller coasters? What is that if not a freakin' musical roller coaster. No room for error at all... I can't even believe he tackles it every night...

I have my eggnog (with my ice wine in it!) and have my first listen. I really just totally love the recorded version - even the best clack just has too much background noise...

Keeping in mind that I have no music training at all (most of my family does - I just skipped out) - he just sounds so perfectly classical to me. I had never heard this before and he caught my complete and total attention immediately. I noticed that this really doesn't have the vocal purity that he is so capable of , I hear a slight, just a tremor of roughness, making his voice more velvety than satiny...I know that doesn't make sense but that is the best way I can describe it. O Holy Night is that heavy satin finish silk, this is silk velvet.

Totally agree with you...actually I feel like he is doing this first art better now. BUT I do like the slight roughness...I do think its just maturity that will add this and to me it adds character.

yup I love velvet

Christmas Waltz

I always loved the Carpenter version of this song. I never heard any other version before...I think that is my big problem with this. I miss Karens voice.

BUT...I have to admit I like this much better this year than last. I think he is singing it with more nuance...its sounds like he should be on an MGM soundstage.

Oh man, but that heavy satin finish is so frickin' luxurious....

I love "Christmas Waltz" - another I've never heard before. I am hard core old school when it comes to my Xmas music. This is light and sparkly and happy and cheerful...it does sound like it should be in a musical...

Oh man, but that heavy satin finish is so frickin' luxurious....

I love "Christmas Waltz" - another I've never heard before. I am hard core old school when it comes to my Xmas music. This is light and sparkly and happy and cheerful...it does sound like it should be in a musical...

Yup it is a rare song..I think it was in that less popular carpenter christmas CD. I ahd both cd's growing up and it was my staple...along with andy williams, edie and steve and frosty the snowman.

So do you guys think this is actually clives favorite or that is just snark cos he didn't want it in MCWL...the pod people thinkst he added it in as an FU to Clive.

but back to the music. He is singing this so well in the concert much better than the last two years. Its a great way to start the concert

Five minutes to next song!

See, I started and ended with Nat, threw in a little Bing, some Perry Como, one by Andy Williams, the Jackson 5 album, "Silent Night" by the Temps, and Donny's "This Christmas". None of my favorite's have that...brightness of tone I so love in Clay's voice, even more than deep voice Clay, a pinginess. He sort of reminds me of a deep flute I guess. Maybe I should have taken some sort of lessons...

See, I started and ended with Nat, threw in a little Bing, some Perry Como, one by Andy Williams, the Jackson 5 album, "Silent Night" by the Temps, and Donny's "This Christmas". None of my favorite's have that...brightness of tone I so love in Clay's voice, even more than deep voice Clay, a pinginess. He sort of reminds me of a deep flute I guess. Maybe I should have taken some sort of lessons...

Hee seems like cesario taught you well... :D

I keep expecting some laughter in the background...too much concert clack.

I've never really noticed Clay snarking a lot on Clive, at least not in public...

me too...though I wonder if he would;ve snarked with you during virgin if the camera was not on.

Know what? I love you guys. I can't join you...just went for a few beers with co-workers, a goodbye to someone who's leaving for a teaching job....had to grab some things from my office before heading home since I leave for Florida on Sunday...

Checked the boards to see

1. if people had commented on my story threads

2. if Clay had posted a link to his secret sex tapes

3. if you all here at FCA were having fun...

I found the following to be true:

1. Yes, to some degree...

2. No, damn it.

3. Looks like it...wish I could join you.

Later, friends. ;)