Long Island NY, Tilles Center for the Performing Arts

Ansamcw

Geez, the CV cellstream was having technical issues, and then the DJ had a hard time getting any of the certers on the list to pick up their phone.

Anyway, we finally got connected . The certer thought the venue looked pretty full. The capacity is around 2,200.

I didn't catch if there was any introduction of the symphony. Right now, they are playing a Christmas medley, and the sound quality is actually about the best we've had lately.

Intermission - per thr CV certer, about 1,500 seats sold at this venue. Also, she says West Point (tomorrow's venue) sold 2,200, per the promoter, who was happy with sales.

The conductor didn't address tha audience at all, and per the certer doesn't seem to have much of a personality evident. I hope he goes along with Clay's schtick okay.

He's cracking on the message boards about already knowing he's not wearing a tie; he's sitting on the stool already because his ear is blocked and he's got vertigo (YIKES!); he started on a story about the plastic surgery crap, but my connection crapped out and I didn't hear what he said.

He's cracking on the message boards about already knowing he's not wearing a tie; he's sitting on the stool already because his ear is blocked and he's got vertigo (YIKES!); he started on a story about the plastic surgery crap, but my connection crapped out and I didn't hear what he said.

Hee he is addressing the plastic surgery thing??? BWAH!!!!

I knew we would be getting new stuff tonight.

but vertigo? Yikes. It sounds like he does have allergies that would affect his sinuses and inner ear.

Per the cellcerter, Clay is holding on to the stool with both hands at times because of the vertigo. He hasn't moved off of the stool.

Vertigo is a nasty thing, and he's trooper for even going onstage tonight. I've had it due to an ear infection, and I hesitated to get up off my couch.

Per the cellcerter, Clay is holding on to the stool with both hands at times because of the vertigo. He hasn't moved off of the stool.

Vertigo is a nasty thing, and he's trooper for even going onstage tonight. I've had it due to an ear infection, and I hesitated to get up off my couch.

Well Vertigo is not affecting the funnies I ahven;t heard the audiecne laughing this much in a while..I wonder if its new stuff

I can't really hear what Clay's saying, but the certer is filling us in from time to time. She said he's rearranging some of the audience members because a family wasn't sitting all together. I think he's going on and on about the upgrading and whatnot.

From CB:

Clay is doing seating adjustments and up-grading people closer to the stage...they are just laughing so much!!

HE JUST MOVED THE AUDIENCE AROUND SO A GUY COULD SIT WITH HIS FAMILY.

He may not be feeling good but it sure hasn't affected his taking a mile a minute and snarking with the audience. The lady, MOM, that brought 12 people, he moved some of them up so they could sit together.....something about do you really like her???? and then well I guess shes the one with the money, or something like that.....singing now...

He sounds wonderful when singing....so that is a good sign..

Banter is still going on. I can't make out his words but he sounds very happy quite normal and has them killing themselves laughing. Really, it is a laughfest going on. I don't think you need to worry too much about him, cuz the sense of humour is on Full Speed Ahead.He's having a ball with them.

just started The Christmas Song,. Those chestnuts are back over the fire again, lol.

From CB:

..TEASING THE MEN IN THE AUDIENCE ABOUT RAISING THEIR HANDS...WHAT HAPPENS HERE STAYS HERE...

SOMEONES MOM BROUGHT ABOUT 12 PEOPLE WITH HER..

...HE IS DEFFINETLY ONNNN TONIGHT..THE AUDIENCE IS APPLAUDING AND LAUGHING AND REALLY RESPONDING TO HIM...ALTHOUGH I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM VERY WELL....

The funny thing is about Clay...even though I can't make out most of the words you can tell just how snarky he's being by the inflections in his voice!! :laugh

Really sweet...I think he just moved a family closer to the stage

Certer just said he is holding on to the stool, hasn't moved from it...can tell he is trying to keep his balance....

COULD NOT HEAR ALL... HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS "PLASTIC SURGERY" AND THAT HE HAD HAD HIS LIPS DONE...

ALSO HAVING PROBLEMS WITH VERTIGO AND SITTING ON A STOOL TONIGHT BECAUSE PROBLEM WITH BALANCE.

SAID MESSAGE BOARDS WOULD ALREADY KNOW HE DIDN'T HAVE ON A TIE AND WAS WEARING HIS GLASSES.

He said so far he's had his lips done and caused another controversy about something or other talking about the tabloids...he's worried about falling into the audience...don't stomp too much!

He's barely moving....holding or stretching his neck...is definitely in discomfort!!! Oh my poor baby...wonder what happened??? :bluesniff

Doing the binoculars thing from the fourth row. He has a zit, and for some reason, he thinks that will go on the message boards. Who would do a thing like that? :blink::P

During the Word of the Day - the certer says the first violinist is cracking up and stomping his feet over the banter.

Clay said his manager is there tonight so clap louder than normal.

Geez, I hope KAndre doesn't get ahold of Mr. Renshaw, and give him what for like she did for Clive in the CD signing video. B)

He got a standing ovation for MDYK.

And then again for Hark / O Come.

From CB:

He's barely moving....holding or stretching his neck...is definitely in discomfort!!! Oh my poor baby...wonder what happened??? :bluesniff

He giddy-upped once and held on to the stool for dear life after that!!! What a trooper!!!!

At the 'giddyup' the audience just lost it.....hysterical laughter from those close to the phone....this version of SR is really fast....more hoots of laughter....he must be having a blast ...the audience singing the giddyups with him....he's playing with this audience......everyone is having a blast.....sleigh ride together with you....yup , they were with him all the way....big cheers as it ends.

...HE HAS A ZIT...

AND HE JUST SAID THAT THE MESSAGE BOARDS WERE ALL GOING TO BE REPORTING THAT...

CLAY'S GOT A ZIT AND SAID IT'S ALREADY BEING TYPED ALL OVER THE MESSAGE BOARDS...SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT FEELING GOOD THOUGH SINCE HE'S 28...GUESS HE MEANS CAUSE IT'S A TEENAGED KIND OF THING...LOL

Somebody has BIG binocs....he said very funny....then something else...can't make it out but he's getting that high pitched voice again...he is just hilarious!!!!

Did he just ground someone???? :lol

aid the lead violinist is just cracking up and stomping his foot laughing....asking if anyone is from Raleigh, he must be so funny......said he was from Dixville, said that is a mental hospital, or something.......audience cracking up....

He gave the name of someplace back home in NC and said something funny...the place is a mental hospital...anybody catch what he said???

This does NOT sound like a sick man. This man is playing the audience as tho they were an instrument. It's a laugh-a-thon....teacher Clay is getting someone in the corner to speak....into teacher mode ...?anybody?....I think trying to get a definition of the word?

He is totally in charge here.....just playing the audience...sorrry for the repetition...I can't hear all of the banter, but they are all having so much fun. I hope there is great clack of this.

Intstruments demonstrating the sound.....audience is hysterical...boy is this guy having fun. This guy is NOT sick.(Just a little dizzy, maybe.)

"Someone important is there tonight - so clap louder!!!!" laugh.gif:laugh :laugh

we have a cheater again...they have musical dictionary...he is ratting them out...he can tell they are cheating...he just said something about too bad that is not a nice word...the lead violinst is cracking up and stomping his feet...I am not calling on you ...you have a dictionary...I don't know the word...sorry....he is picked a gentleman...Brandon, Breton...anyone from Raleigh...someone just screamed...the guy is from Dix Hill, in Raleigh Dix Hill is a mental hospital...

Standing ovation for MDYK, said his manager is there tonight......

MDYK...AS HAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL AS EVER!!!! :bluesniff

HUGE STANDING OVATION!!!!

CLAY'S MANAGER IS THERE TONIGHT

SASH JUST TOLD ME HE IS REALLY PUSHING HARD.... BUT EVERY FEW MINUTES YOU CAN JUST SEE HIM START SHAKING.

He is actually singing on stage with vertigo? Damn. That is the personifiction of the show must go on!! I had it once and I couldn't move without feeling like I was going to throw up!!!

How is he doing it?????

Damn, if he's on stage with vertigo, I can forgive him wearing glasses yet again!!!

Edited by Claygasm

He is actually singing on stage with vertigo? Damn. That is the personifiction of the show must go on!! I had it once and I couldn't move without feeling like I was going to throw up!!!

How is he doing it?????

Damn, if he's on stage with vertigo, I can forgive him wearing glasses yet again!!!

he is sitting on the stool holding on...

FROM CB:

A little girl just gave him and stuffed Christmas animal, now doing the raising your hands if you have been to a concert.. run away from them, they will have all your info, may even want your credit card number to get more tickets to another concert.....

Clay Fakein is in the front row.....

Asking people who have been to a show to keep their hands up. Take a look around you. Look just like you. God forbid, they might teach your children! Getting your address, driver's license, credit card number to charge tickets (bwah!)

Pointing out the Clay look-a-like - "Clay Faiken" Front row with spotlight on him. A doppelganger.

Doing the 'who has been to a concert, who has not?' thing -- someone was saying smething about the Empire State building and a boyfriend ?? maybe??? and a little kid gave him a stuffed animal -- now doing the "run away" bit

doppleganger ?/ oh it's Clay Faiken

They turned the monitor so Clay could see Mr. Faiken cause he can't move...Awwww

I am in awe. He sounds good. He is still being funny. All this with vertigo.

I am just in awe.

There are no words for th admiration and respect I have for him right now.

How how will sing AIW is beyond me.

He is just amazing.

Man. I had a day or so when I couldn't walk in a straight line because of vertigo due to an ear infection. I don't mean to project my experience onto Clay, but I have to wonder how he's avoiding upchucking onstage... :unsure:

Instead, he's keeping up the hysterical banter and singing his heart out. Whatta guy. :wub:

Man. I had a day or so when I couldn't walk in a straight line because of vertigo due to an ear infection. I don't mean to project my experience onto Clay, but I have to wonder how he's avoiding upchucking onstage... :unsure:

Instead, he's keeoing up the hysterical banter and singing his heart out. Whatta guy. :wub:

I know I had somehting the other day...not as bad as vertigo but just a bit nauseaous and I was miserable.

POOR Clay...love him right now

From CB:

Someone is saying the Fake Ckay is Matt - from NAT - nice guy.

MGUCL....just as great as always...giving me both tears and chills...especially since he's hurting tonight and of course...the Brett situation...the singing is coming straight from his beautiful spirit!!!

OK what BRett situation????

eta: to answer my own question ...apparently this psoter just meant th fact that Brett won't be home this Christmas...whew ...got worried there for a sec.