DETROIT , MI....Max M. Fisher Music Centre

Ansamcw

From mj52 at CV:

I watched the Detroit news report about the concert tonight at the CB.

It was a little strange. The reporter (who is narrating The Night Before Christmas with the symphony tonight) called Clay a diva because he didn't want to be photographed. Apparantly some big dude (Jerome) told them no cameras. He said that Clay walked in with hair everywhere, pajama bottoms, and sneakers on. Last thing he said is that Clay sang like an angel. You could hear a little of Clay singing upstairs since the reporter was down in the dressing room area.

Tonight's venue has a capacity of 2,064, and per the ticket trackers, should be sold out or very close to it.

Per some CV scuttlebutt, tonight's venue is being very strict about cellphones and cameras, so stealth is the order of the day. The CV cellcerter has her phone on, but it is in her pocket and she's not speaking into it. So no CV certer commentary for us tonight about the venue and whatnot. I hope there is still a chance for other Clack, but maybe not.

ETA: Just heard the venue announcement that the use of cameras, cellphones, video cameras or any other recording devices is strictly prohibited, and they will be confiscated.

Let the games begin, and may God have mercy on the Clack Gathers.

The stealth stream of the orchestra has be going in and out so far.

Right now, a narrator is reading from "The Night Before Christmas", which I can hear in bit and pieces. It makes me a bit worried about being able to hear Clay talking. :blink:

It's intermission already - 8:30PM.

We're seeing more confirmation that the no recordings thing is a very strict venue policy that can't be over-ridden by the gueat artist - not up to Team Clay at all.

same story with the CH cellcerter...no intermission reports. It will just come on once Clay comes on.

same thing in CB...I think their cellcerter will be keeping the cell in her purse...

so Clack will be iffy tonight

Sigh CH is still playing the way...

From CB:

he did something got a lots of applause and laughter.. they are still laughing..christmas dreams come true.. 3.4 time wishing you and yours the same thing too.. sound coming in pretty clear..they are laughing again.. now thunderous applause.. I mean thunderous..

I think he opened with the binoculars and looking up his nse bit.

Something about the orchestra. He is not classy. Whatever he's saying is inducing much screaming in the cellcerter's vicinity.

Intro into MCWL.

That section of banter seemed relatively short - not as much audience interaction as normal.

Screams of hyena-like laughter during the singing of MCWL. I can't imagine what is going on that would bring that on - he seems to be singing normally to me. Maybe something is happening in the certer's area.

From Cb:

talking about jessie...applause..lordy he is ratteling on like lighting.. the crowd so loud ..high school in NC.. introduced m

MCWL...

THIS SONG STARTS SO LOW THAT MY TINGLES HAVE TINGLES...

NOW, WHY ARE THESE GALS CRACKING UP....THE AUDIENCE IS HAVING A FIELD DAY LAUGHING AND CLAPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS SONG....I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED!!

he is in rare form tonight.. merry christmas all.. merry christmas to even just one.. may the joy of the season surround you..merry christmas with loveeeeeeeeeee...

crowd loses it yet again.. they are loving our man.. right into WW..walking in a winter wonder land. .and they are laughing yet again.. out of control.. holy gheezzz what the heck is he doing.. they are crazy.. he is doing something out of this world.. I am laughing just at them laughing..

since he apparently cant talk a lot he is doing it during the songs.. lol..Clay gets it in there one way or another.. gotta love the man.. huge applause.. they are hysterical..

Clay's so sweet to let us know what's going on with the show and the time restrictions. SOOOOO glad to read he's feeling better. PPPFFFTTTHHH to the thugs at the venue.

How many gentleman in the audience - She forced you. Drugged you. Married 34 years.

Right into HYAMLC - no TCS tonight.

Geez DSO peeps, if you can't stay up past 10:00 on a school night, maybe you shouldn't have friends over. This deal is making me feel better about not making an effort to go to this concert. :glare:

Right into Sleigh Ride - with more mid-song laughter from the audience.

From Cb:

talking to someone about a shirt..now onto someone else..lots of laughter..I just cant understand much of what he is saying but can tell yeah its funny.. now into HYAMLC

He didn't talk much during that banter section. He jumped into HYAMLC almost immediately...with just 2 minutes or so of banter must be due to those time constrants....

they are laughing again. he must be singing and playing with the audience..and they are loven it..have yourself a merry little christmas...........sound amazing..they are laughing again..just music playing.. he must be playing and air instrument..lots of applause for the horn guy.. singing again..happy golden days..

LEIGH RIDE...

CLAPPING ALONG...DOING THE GIDDYUPS....LAUGHTER....I THINK THEY LOVE HIM!!

Clay blogged to say the show will be shorter tonight..he may have to cut banter..but he is not sick and is feeling better. Must be another union thing.

Gee, you mean he didn't email that fan? I thought that was his new method of communication. ;)

I thought it was interesting that his mood was confused. Sounds like he didn't know about it until he got to the venue. I guess after he cut AIW in Red Bank due to being so sick he wanted to stop any rumors before they started if he had to cut anything tonight.

I used to live in Michigan. I always thought it was such a friendly state - until now. Of course, I lived in Kalamazoo, close to Grand Rapids, in the western part of the state. Maybe they're friendlier there.

Frpm CB:

SR now..from all the clapping and laughing it sounds like he's got the entire audience "giddyapping" and "pop, pop, popping" with him!

crowd raises the roof again..major screaming and hooting..talking now.. asked someone What..laughter..applause for the orchestra I think.. not sure. .talking to someone..ask her someone yelled.. ask her..oh my what does that say..talking about word of the day now.. crasindo..karoke..laughter..said your gonna leave smart..itilian word..said something and I swear to god this crowd is totaly lost and out of control.. beyond anything I have ever heard.. wild isn't even close.. he is talking again.the word..

HE'S TALKING SOME MORE...A MILE A MINUTE...LOTS MORE LAUGHTER AND AUDIENCE RESPONSE...AND SCREAMING....LOUD SCREAMING....GOOD LORD, WHAT HAPPENED NOW.......

I don't know WHAT he just said, but the audience is INSANE!!! I think he's doing the word of the day. Killing them!

they just went bonkers....screaming screaming....for a long time

can't understand a word of the banter this evening

they are seriously having a good time in detroit!

anybody...anybody...ok now...

geez louise they are super hysterical!

that's all I'm hearing....

laughter is just crazy

tonight is a real word. not a made up one. .asking someone what it means.. and couldn't hear but they go nuts..asking anybody else anybody else. whats your name.....something about on the floor..laying on the floor..laugher is crazy..sharon or cheri.. where are you from..

talking to someone else now..asked if she played anything..she is giving a defination.. cant hear..now the orchestra is demonstrating.. on stings I think..doing it again..crowd applaused.. he said something about wrong key..music playing MDYK

I hope the cellcerters remember every word of the banter! There sure is a lot of banter. :blink:

oh definitely less than usual but still pretty good and the audience is still getting gorgeous vocals and funny banter.

Oh I do hope we still get some audio clack.

MGUCL.

This venue is pissing me off the more I think about it. Why do you bring an artist in and then only allow him an hour to do his thing? I can't tell from his blog if Team Clay knew about it ahead of time or not, or if they had to pare down the show at the last minute.

I hope the cellcerters remember every word of the banter! There sure is a lot of banter. :blink:

oh definitely less than usual but still pretty good and the audience is still getting gorgeous vocals and funny banter.

Oh I do hope we still get some audio clack.

I wish I could type what I am thinking. I wrote banter and meant laughter!!! Damn, I scare myself sometimes! :unsure: