DETROIT , MI....Max M. Fisher Music Centre

Ansamcw

This venue is pissing me off the more I think about it. Why do you bring an artist in and then only allow him an hour to do his thing? I can't tell from his blog if Team Clay knew about it ahead of time or not, or if they had to pare down the show at the last minute.

My guess is that they knew there was going to be a time cruch...but how much of a one they didn't know until they got to the venue today.

Yeah, makes no sense to me either that they would bring him in to do a show, and then not let him have the stage for the time he needs, or wants.

I wish I could type what I am thinking. I wrote banter and meant laughter!!! Damn, I scare myself sometimes! :unsure:

Didn't Clay have some banter the other night like that? Where he talked about things passing through his mouth before they passed through his brain? So...you've got a connection!!!! Hee.

All I can hear is the singing, and just barely at that. I think I'm gonna give up for the evening and do a "let there be clack even though this venue sounds like a bunch of hard asses" dance.

MGUCL.

This venue is pissing me off the more I think about it. Why do you bring an artist in and then only allow him an hour to do his thing? I can't tell from his blog if Team Clay knew about it ahead of time or not, or if they had to pare down the show at the last minute.

Its probably some more of the union thing. I don't know if its always the same but in some cities the promoters or the venue would have to pay the workers extra if they go over a certain time. I suppose there will be some consequence to the artist if they go over the allotted time. Proabbly pay some fine or something.

Damn I wish we could hear what he's saying!

All I can hear is the singing, and just barely at that. I think I'm gonna give up for the evening and do a "let there be clack even though this venue sounds like a bunch of hard asses" dance.

You go girl!

Just saw this posted at the CH.

From murrah15 at CV:

The person I am on the phone with said Quiana IS there..........and also said something about a silver tie and no jacket.

Ok, if this is true, why did Clay have to communicate with her via MySpace when he was seeing her later that day????

And why would she go all the way to Detroit when he's going to Charlotte and Greensboro and for that matter Jacksonville this week??

I want to the inside scoop!!

Did we notice he skipped roasting his chestnuts???

Hey! Poppin' in...popped in yesterday, too, but then ...

I can't remember..

Just got back to the room after another full day...trying to catch up on the concert...we go home tomorrow...Alex ice skated at the same rink at Rockefeller Center that Clay did! (a couple of years ago)...

I love hearing about a whole new audience falling under the Aiken Spell...sigh...

He'll get you if you give him half a chance.... ;)

I will work on a recap of my Long Island experience while 30,000+ miles up in the sky, 'kay?

(The internet access is spotty here. I've posted a couple of times, only to lose it when my internet connection just disappeared....)

By the way, Clay talking on Quiana's MySpace? Possible.

Clay talking on Brett's MySpace? Not my business.

Clay blogging to us? Priceless. :wub:

Well, I don't know much about anything, but I do know that Michigan is a very strong union state, so maybe that has something to do with it. Wonder why they didn't cut the guy that read the night before Christmas?

Because this was their show too.

I thought they only had 30 minutes then intermission. So they were already cut short. Same problem with the Hartford show. But there I think they still went over.

I'm jealous. Time restrictions and all and they are getting AIW.

Ok, so he was sick and probably throwing up or passing out in Red Bank and so the audience was obnoxious and flashing. I wanted to hear AIW that night! :(

Ok, its all about me post over.......

Ok, he sounds great on AIW. I am glad to hear that - even if he skipped it in Red Bank. ;)

Well, I don't know much about anything, but I do know that Michigan is a very strong union state, so maybe that has something to do with it. Wonder why they didn't cut the guy that read the night before Christmas?

Because this was their show too.

I thought they only had 30 minutes then intermission. So they were already cut short. Same problem with the Hartford show. But there I think they still went over.

Ansa, I know what you're sayin' but since I read a post that said this guy referred to Clay as a diva earlier, I guess I wouldn't have cared much about him reading "The Night Before Christmas", and I wonder who the audience really paid their money to see, and the symphony does still get to play while Clay sings. JMO

Saw this at the CH.

Black pants of goodness, black button down with silver cufflinks, silver tie . No jacket so you can see the black pants.

Damn. Sounds like a hot outfit! Please, let there be clack!!

Edited by Claygasm

The CV cellcerter says she took notes too!!! Too funny! :lol:

Very TIGHT with cameras. No glasses Very little or no stubble.

The guy who read The Night Before Christmas stood up and applauded at Clay's Kelly Ripa comments! :lol:

Only leaned on the stool during the glory note of DSIAFCD but other than that seemed fine and moved around a lot and seemed fine durig AIW.

Something about looking at his zipper during MCWL?????

Edited by Claygasm

what's this about a diva?

From page one of the Detroit concert thread:

From mj52 at CV:

I watched the Detroit news report about the concert tonight at the CB.

It was a little strange. The reporter (who is narrating The Night Before Christmas with the symphony tonight) called Clay a diva because he didn't want to be photographed. Apparantly some big dude (Jerome) told them no cameras. He said that Clay walked in with hair everywhere, pajama bottoms, and sneakers on. Last thing he said is that Clay sang like an angel. You could hear a little of Clay singing upstairs since the reporter was down in the dressing room area.

So yeah, I'm a bit with atinal in having a kneejerk reaction, and would have liked for them to have cut Mr. Big-Shot reporter's chance at stardom as well.

Saw this at the CH.

Black pants of goodness, black button down with silver cufflinks, silver tie . No jacket so you can see the black pants.

Damn. Sounds like a hot outfit! Please, let there be clack!!

I've got on my best dancing outfit right now...and the drums are beating...anyone in for a dance lesson?

:D

Yeah, there had better be some clack of this outfit. It sounds guh-worthy.

Couchie, I'm trying to find the post. I read it at the CH earlier. Hope I didn't speak out of school, but I thougt I read that this guy was at the rehearsal earlier today and said Clay was a diva because he didn't want to be photographed in his pjs with his hair a mess or something like that. Anyone else remember reading that?

Thanks, ldyJ, I was pretty sure I'd read it, but I'd been gone all day and was trying to catch up rather quickly so, I thought maybe I was wrong about it.

Edited by atinal

Post Concert report:

Clay told the audience he only had 60 minutes.

Not any noticeable stubble.

Claimed he was too fat for his jacket so he didn't wear it.

Great reception from the audience, even from the newbies.

Gloating about being able to cellcert even under the eyes of a security guard.

no cellphone banter...

he said that its already in the message baords that I don;t have a jacket and wearing a silver tie.

they were selling his cds in the gift shop.

he only referred to the binoculars in passing.

women in the box were making faces athim during MCWL...and he made faces back at them then he looked down to his zipper. So they were getting his attention specially for

yes quiana was there...she broguht out the word of the day and she got a standign ovation and he told the people to sit down this is my show.

it was a surprise for Clay...

word of the day???to tune the strings of their instruments.

Hair is great...lots of stubble..almost a half beard...

swallowing a lot...singing a bit tentative...with a bit of rasp.

he walked around all the time...

the first time he thred his fingers through his hair half the audience goes...AWWWW and he gave thsi ...what??? look

the audience is 3/4 US...looks pretty much sold out.

did the multiple show schtick...

Couchie, I'm trying to find the post. I read it at the CH earlier. Hope I didn't speak out of school, but I thougt I read that this guy was at the rehearsal earlier today and said Clay was a diva because he didn't want to be photographed in his pjs with his hair a mess or something like that. Anyone else remember reading that?

I brought this over to this thread - check out the second post on the 1st page. A local Fox TV reporter was there during rehearsal and was pissy because Jerome didn't allow cameras in at that point.

On of guesses for the word of the day...Clay I love you...and Clay is scoring during this tour...clay was laughing and said that sadly he is not...

the newsguy gave Clay a standing ovation when he made the Kelly ripa joke.

so did a lot of audience.