American Idol 6

Ansamcw

I think Chris and Blake are so very boy band poppy to me and it's not really "cool and young and hip" no matter what Paula and Randy says...hell, it's not even fun. If they make it fun, I could get into more.

Sanjaya is at least fun.

Jordin is singing one of my fave Streisand songs - But I liked the movie too. She's changed it up a little. There's some energy. And most of all, there's a fair amount of improvement.

But she's not selling it to me. Honestly, for me, every performance of hers has been fairly interchangeable. The only one who has inspired me this year to download anything new was Jordin and "I Who Have Nothing". I saw a You Tube of Shirley Bassey - and she's what Melinda wants to be. Jordin's take was very different and she brought something new to the take.

I do like Melinda;s performance but I also understand what you are saying here...there is a sameness in her performance.

Y' know...I did like Chris too...again there is the problem of his vocal quality...but he performed that well. It didn;t seem like he was trying to hard.

Wow I am loving Jordin again...she chose a really grat song for her cos she can make it very young...and really makes her vocal shine...

good glory note...wow that was long...rivals Clay's glory notes.

Jordin - I still cannot believe she's only 17!! She is very good. I thought I heard a couple of pitchy parts, but over all, very good. She has a nice tone to her voice.

This week's theme and how well everyone is doing sort of makes me think of Clay. These are singers' songs and they give singers a chance to shine.

Some shine brighter than others, but still, there has yet to be a really bad performance tonight.

Of course, Sanjaya is still to come....

Jordan is very cool. It's not everything to be young and current. There's nothing wrong with old fashioned - I dig her. I think she may give Melinda a run for her money.

Everyone I watch with here says the final four will be Melinda, Lakesha, Jordan and Blake - and they all despise Sanjaya. So what the hell?? -This is a pretty good cross section of America I think. The kid is gorgeous and I have a high degree of appreciation for the amount of fun he seems to be having - but COME ON. I will say that last week I didn't leave the room in embarrassement for him.

Gina - Isn't this the song the judges picked for Ruben? They seem to be all doing AI2 final 3 night! And I had no idea Charlie Chaplin wrote it! That's kind of cool.

This is such a departure for Gina and its pretty good! Nice to see her singing in a more controlled manner. I am rather impressed. I wasn't sure she could pull off that kind of performance.

Sanjaya - What Tony Bennett said about - he has a sense of humor - is very true. It is one thing I do like about him. This is by far the best performance he has had so far. You can actually hear him! He's singing above a whisper!! For once he seemed like he was trying to sing well! Not the best voice in the world, but still his best.

And at least he wasn't wearing a faux-hawk!

Edited by Claygasm

Hmmm. Sanjaya can actually sing. And pretty well at that. That was a sweet performance!

And I like the fact that he is driving the judges absolutely apeshit. Heh. Heh heh heh.

And Haley is just totally going for the T&A factor - hey, if it works for her, so be it.

Gina - I do like the woman and I think she does a good job.

The Horrors - Sanjaya is really not horrendous this week. He has a nice tone when he concentrates, but he's not consistent. The problem is that his look has become a distraction. It's become the point. He really shouldn't be there when compared to the rest of them.

And that he really believed Simon is just pathetic.

Awww I loved Gina!!! I actually was more moved by that than Melinda's. I loved that version...and she is right...she has a very different style and vocal quality than Melinda and Jordin...it is unfair to compare really.

Sanjaya...I liked him...and I loved his little dance with Paula...not the best vocals but he really is not a William Hung. BUT...BUT...I think this may be the week they get him out cos it really is hard to do something to talk about with the standards...so for people that are looking for a gimmick..that was just him and his big smile and his charm...hope its enough.

I agree with Kandre...this girl is going to use all her assetts to get through. not really that impressed with her...I defintiely think she should go before Gina and the other girls. She is not bad though...just not great.

I do love Gina - I wasn't very good with my earlier comment.

Did I hear that Daniel Radcliffe was going to be on their special thingy (little eeeeeeeeeeeeeee <g>) - since he and Helena Bonham Carter are both on they must be promoting the next HP movie. YAY!!!

I don't like Haley's dress. She's an okay singer. Not bad.

Hayley - That might be her best performance too. She is dwarfed by the other women in the competition, but she has a good voice. I think her looks could hurt her. Sometimes people resent pretty girls!

I think Paula and Randy totally copped out, though. She wasn't awful. She wasn't amazing, but she deserved some comments! I think they want her gone because they know Sanjaya pulls in ratings, even if he can't sing!

Nah...didn't get Lakisha tonight...I thought the band drowned her out and I thoguth Tony was right...she should've just held on to that big note in the end...the little tag thing in the end...lost the intensity for me...

I still have to see the full blake performance but the little I saw...was a mess. But I need to see the whole performance to make a fair assessment.

tonight I think my favorite was Gina...she was the one that hit the emotional tone of that song for me.

Next is Jordin, ChrisR. Melinda, Sanjaya, Haley, Phil, Lakisha...don;t know where Blake sits yet...

Sorry, this show puts me to sleep, I started watching, but fell asleep until Fear called me. To ask about why posts were being edited - hehe, Like I was awake and would know.

Aw - Heidi - no insult meant - I am just tactless. I am partially tone deaf, but have partial perfect pitch - go figure - my ears don't work like everyone elses. - Still don't like either Blake or Chris - Didn't see much past Blake today - I don't know if he was lounge lizardly as much as relying on personality more than singing talent. I did see Phil, he was the one that put me to sleep - I don't think I have to say more about him. Exceppt - Grow some hair Phil, you look creepy!

Aaw the M&J interview with Chris S and something is still off with him on that for me.

Edited by playbiller

Just wrote my thoughts on all the contestants and then whoosh! Clicked on some wrong button and it's gone. Oh well, I'll just repeat the last part---it pretty much sums everything up....

Whatevah----Is it July 6th yet? :hubbahubba: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

Just wrote my thoughts on all the contestants and then whoosh! Clicked on some wrong button and it's gone. Oh well, I'll just repeat the last part---it pretty much sums everything up....

Whatevah----Is it July 6th yet? :hubbahubba: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

OMG did you get infected with the post deleting sickness????

I guess some boards are inflicted by that right now...and no its not us...hee

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR there is not enough going on in this world that NBC "news" has to have a special section on AI and who is voiting for Sanjaya - they come up with bunches of theiries except the just about everyone this year sucks theory! Idiots. I want David Brinkley back, I don't care if he is dead or not, he stillhas more to say than the talking heads of today /end of rant.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR there is not enough going on in this world that NBC "news" has to have a special section on AI and who is voiting for Sanjaya - they come up with bunches of theiries except the just about everyone this year sucks theory! Idiots. I want David Brinkley back, I don't care if he is dead or not, he stillhas more to say than the talking heads of today /end of rant.

WOW so what will happen to all that theory of Sanjaya gets voted out tonight????

This is so weird...now I think AI would want to keep Sanjaya on just to keep people talking.

I don't want him gone yet... you can have haley, phil or even Blake first...(sorry Heidi) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK..Micheal Buble totally underwhelmed me...is he singing the right words...cos I seem to remember different lyrics...

and it seems he is a bit drunk...its like he is slurring his words...and hi is in on some inside joke...weird.

I think he alwauy slurs the words a bit, crooner style. I find him boring because he is derivative. I knowthere are people who like him, but he seemsto be cutting himself as generic crooner from the 50's to me.

I really did not pay too mucyh attention, now I have to see if I missed Willaim Joseph as Pianist.