American Idol 6

Ansamcw

No one's watching???

So far I totally agreed with the judges tonight. That was one kick ass vocals on TLS by Jordin...I love the riffs she added. Not that I'm forgetting clay;s version...but that was a really good version too.

Blake...yuck the reverb and the beatboxing was totally cheesy. I'm really surprised they were very upfront with Blake ...I thought they were going to give him a tongue bath.

I'm watching! I was just late!

Round 1:

Melinda - Yeah, her vocals are nice but she's boring.

Blake - He sucks. Can't sing well at all. Will probably make a fortune making dance records that are synthisized within an inch of their lives

LaKisha - I didn't think she was that bad. Strange song choice

Jordin - Ok it was good and very hard to compare to Clay's because it was quite different. Definitely the best of round 1.

Round 2:

Melinda - Again, boring. The second half was better than the first.

Blake - He really does not sing well. He gets by because of the beat boxing and that makes it different. BUt damn, he cannot sing. That said, the teeny bopper girls will probably keep him in the competition.

Edited by Claygasm

Lakisha - She kind of blew that last note! But it was pretty good overall. I thought it was much better than Blake, but the teeny bopper girls won't vote for her.

Wow, high praise from Barry Gibb to Jordin! How intimidating that must be for a 17 year old!

Of course, I have a hard time remembering she's only 17! She really is talented beyond her years.

I think she is very good at song interpretation. That was good, but not amazing. I didn't think it was as bad as the judges did - but I do agree with Simon about her dress. She still had the best two songs of the night.

Bottom two have to be Blake and LaKisha. I think Blake should be the one going home but the teeny bopper girls will keep him in and LaKisha will go.

Edited by Claygasm

Whew...I was wondering if they were goign to be real with Jordin and call her on the pitchiness....

the only really good performance for me was TLS of Jordin...hated Blakes second choice...and Melinda's second choice was too cheesy...too much star search moment as the canadian idol judges would say.

Well, you will be happy to know that NO ONE can sing the beegees = and they have to drop this category

I guess it is hard for people to remember that Seaon 2 had a great show - except on Idol forums where a bunch of us are beating them over the head with loading out clips - hehe. I like gettiong those people who claim Clay is so dead to admit he killed on the show.

Well, you will be happy to know that NO ONE can sing the beegees = and they have to drop this category

I guess it is hard for people to remember that Seaon 2 had a great show - except on Idol forums where a bunch of us are beating them over the head with loading out clips - hehe. I like gettiong those people who claim Clay is so dead to admit he killed on the show.

Well it will be interesting to see if they did a group number. The beegees group performance has always been one of the best in AI ever...so fun and the harmony was so great...they harmonized they sang solo...and they really gave a great high energy performance...sigh...is it on you tube???I am getting nostalgic again.

Even Clay's grease performance I thought was so good vocally...

No, it was just bad...and heaven help me, Barry singing TLS was even worse! Even worse than Josh's "Jive Talking"! I swear!

I didn;t see it but the way he aged in the clips yesterday and the way he was speaking,,,,I really didn't think he would sound close to how he was.

I agree that his voice was marginal...but dayum, guys! That youtube clip of his original performance showed 1967 as the year---holy shit! That's 40 freaking years ago! :o So that makes him what---mid 60's or so? Shit. I think he looks pretty danged good!

As for doing BeeGees' songs? Go back to AI2 and listen to the group performance. They sound so good. Then go to AI1 and listen to them slaughtering the BeeGees.

I'd still pay good money to hear Clay do the whole version of To Love Somebody....and say what you will about the red jacket, vocally he was right on that night with Grease.

I agree that his voice was marginal...but dayum, guys! That youtube clip of his original performance showed 1967 as the year---holy shit! That's 40 freaking years ago! :o So that makes him what---mid 60's or so? Shit. I think he looks pretty danged good!

As for doing BeeGees' songs? Go back to AI2 and listen to the group performance. They sound so good. Then go to AI1 and listen to them slaughtering the BeeGees.

I'd still pay good money to hear Clay do the whole version of To Love Somebody....and say what you will about the red jacket, vocally he was right on that night with Grease.

I agree. I would pay to hear a full Clay Aiken version of To Love Somebody..his vocal styling and phrasing during his AI2 performance was a masterpiece.

I love To Love Somebody--love!!! I'd pay some on top of what lightmyfire pays to see/hear that.

Yup, play, I'm a dirty, rotten, cover lover. I was dared to make that my custom designation at the CH, but I'm not a troublemaker. :whistling-1: