American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Oh, AI will win, but will it cause a dent or not? DOn't forget Ai watchers love them some Carrie and Kelly. Peerformance nights have been dropping in ratings each week and this is the most boring tip 3, to me, ever.

Oh why was there a break and ads and AI had on Blake - did not like his "modernized" version - or as I call it the Grandpa version.

Edited by playbiller

I'm really surprised that I am not at all that super interested in this. I saw Jordin and she was good...saw a bit of Roxanne and Blake hurt my ears and saw a bit of Melinda and sh had trouble hitting her falsettos...ho hum...

Right now I am more interested in the series finale of Gilmore girls...sniff

Do you mean Kelly Clarkson or Kelli Pickler? Why would Kelly Clarkson be on a country music award show? Although I think she was before and it bombed.

Round 1:

Jordin - No idea what the original sounds like but I liked her version of it.

Blake - Poor imitation of the Police and what was with thst slide on his knees across the stage at the end? Sandwiched between Jordin and Melinda, his vocals really, really sound weak.

Melinda - Perfect vocals. Boring performance. She does have an amazing voice. I just wish she had some stage presense!

Round 2:

Jordin - Why did they give her a disco queen song? She did great with it, but why that song?

Blake - Weak vocals again. Boring imitation again. Nothing special, but ultimately marketable. Sad thing is, the teeny bopper girls will likely make him the winner!

Melinda - Ok, I guess the producers want Jordin to be the new disco queen, for Blake to do anything to attract the teeny boppers and for Melinda to be the next Tina Turner! OMG, she's wandering around with the mic stand! I hate it when the guys do that! Not exactly a challenging vocal, but she sounded good.

I think the judges are pimping for a Blake/Melinda finale. Randy mentioned Blake's record and Melinda's record, but they've been down a bit on Jordin this week. Maybe they really want Melinda and fear Jordin is the only one left who could beat her.

I feel sad that after watching this season from the beginning I am so not interested tonight. I saw the end of Melinda;s Tina impersonation...not impressed really. But y'know...I really don;t feel any excitement. even on the show itself.

So far I think Blake has been the weakest of the three - and frankly he doesn't seem to be working really hard to win it...I dunno.

Frankly he will be better off not winning. I think it will actually add to his cred...the way it did with Daughtry. I really can't stand his voice. his performance style is same old thing...

I am so sick of Blake and his beat boxing! To me that's a gimmick, not singing, but what do I know?

I really like Jordin but I don't think she will win. The teeny bopper girls will see to that!

I really like Jordin's last song. I thought she did an amazing job with it. I guess it just isn't current enough (which is why I think they are pimping Blake more than her tonight). Not sure why that should matter. It is a singing competition after all.

Now Blake hurts my ears. He never sings anything at all vocally challenging and still his vocals are not good. To me he's a dime a dozen. He always comes off to me like a not so great imitation of the original. But he's a cute guy with a different sound, so.....

I dare them to say Melinda's song is current! You know she can sing ANYTHING but she moves like she is afraind of tripping over her own feet. She just lacks something on stage as a performer. But vocally she is really the best.

I think Jordin could be in trouble. She was really, really, good but I just do not think she will be able to beat the teeny bopper vote.

And that would be a shame.

Is tonight the season finale of "House"?

(This is a really boring top 3.... I miss Kim, Clay and Ruben!)

Edited by Claygasm

Carrie is singing now - she looks very pretty.

Kelly Clarkson is supposed to be doing a heartbreaking duet with Reba to be released on Reba's duets album.

Carmen is in the audience

Kelly pickler's boobs are falling out of her dress

Edited by playbiller

I...JUST...DON'T...CARE

last year I did. I liked kat and really couldn;t stand Taylor...

This year HO HUM...I will be shocked if melinda does not win...the only question now...who goes to the finals with her.

I really hope its Jordin...I just won;t be able to stand watching the finals with Blake. Oh well...just not going to watch...no biggie.

I love To Love Somebody--love!!! I'd pay some on top of what lightmyfire pays to see/hear that.

Yup, play, I'm a dirty, rotten, cover lover. I was dared to make that my custom designation at the CH, but I'm not a troublemaker. :whistling-1:

HAHA! You and I ...cover lovers ...HAHA ...who would have thunk it? HAHAHA ...when Clay covers Aerosmith's...Walk This Way....we won't survive...HAHAHA...!!

ETA: Blake is brutal. Jordin is a good singer. Melinda is a very good vocalist technically, but not unique.

This is the worst season so far in my opinion. Not one unique vocalist in the bunch.

Edited by lightmyfire

I love To Love Somebody--love!!! I'd pay some on top of what lightmyfire pays to see/hear that.

Yup, play, I'm a dirty, rotten, cover lover. I was dared to make that my custom designation at the CH, but I'm not a troublemaker. :whistling-1:

HAHA! You and I ...cover lovers ...HAHA ...who would have thunk it? HAHAHA ...when Clay covers Aerosmith's...Walk This Way....we won't survive...HAHAHA...!!

OMG--you remembered! I'd almost forgotten that dream. Hee!! It was amazing. Maybe we'll see a new variation for the summer tour--Walk This Way with symphony!! EEEEEE!!!!

Oops - this is the Idol thread isn't it.....sowwy.

OMG--you remembered! I'd almost forgotten that dream. Hee!! It was amazing. Maybe we'll see a new variation for the summer tour--Walk This Way with symphony!! EEEEEE!!!!

Oops - this is the Idol thread isn't it.....sowwy.

How about Clay and the Snoop Dogg revitalizing the Aeorsomith/Run DMC take and have Dr. Dre produce it...ROTFLMAO!

I hope Blake gets the boot...

Edited by lightmyfire

How about Clay and the Snoop Dog revitalizing the Aerosmith/Run DMC take and have Dr. Dre produce it...ROTFLMAO!

Too kewl!

Blake deserves to go. IMO. I love Melinda's voice. She's the best vocalist. Jordin would gain the most (or lose the least). Clive has Whitney and JHud already--he will have no clue what to do with Melinda.

How about Clay and the Snoop Dogg revitalizing the Aerosmith/Run DMC take and have Dr. Dre produce it...ROTFLMAO!

Too kewl!

Blake deserves to go. IMO. I love Melinda's voice. She's the best vocalist. Jordin would gain the most (or lose the least). Clive has Whitney and JHud already--he will have no clue what to do with Melinda.

Clive will mandate her to record a covers CD...HAHA!

Clive's baby is Alicia Keys..so, I don't know what he would do with either Melinda or Jordin as neither are unique ...at least Fanny is unique. And yeah...David Foster and Clive are in the process of getting Whitney back on track if her voice isn't shot...

Interesting what will develop...

Edited by lightmyfire

Are we sure that this is not the year they change record companies?

Remember that I read that law suit with Fantasia where there was a limit placed on the contract between 19 and BMG - I am just wondering if so many idols got a push last year because BMG is not guaranteed of getting the winner.

After the unknown date expired - the winner would be put up for bids from labels - which is what 19 wanted to do with Fantasia. I mean, Clay and Ruben did so well.

If this is the year the winner is put out for bids I will laugh my ass off (something I am trying to do anyway since it is good excercise int he right place).

So.....I'm not familiar with the protocol. Since I'm now on the East Coast and have already seen the results show, am I not supposed to talk about it until the West Coast folks see it?

Oh go ahead...talk about it.

I thought I didn't care who won...but now its between Blake and Jordin...I really don;t want blake to win. I just don;t like the fact he has been getting reverb help and his voice is not really that good.

sorry Blake fans.

Right now...I am done with this show, I think I may peak at the finale...but not really going to watch. Its not that I wanted melinda in the finals...but I don;t want to get sucked into caring.

I just shake my head at this THING that is AI. It doesn't matter who 'wins' anymore and it's obvious that the best talent doesn't always make it to the end.

So.....

What's to watch?

Sorta like the morbid human ailment of watching a train wreck?

Well, I was actually watching something else last night, but did occaisionally turn to AI (rarely) and did not see mnelinda until part of her singoff at the end of the show - And I didn't care. Missing AI - not a big deal. I did hear a bit of Marron 5 and on Elliot - not big fans of either.

Didn't Simon Fuller sell control of this show? I wonder if some of the changes (concentration on outside artists, even more casting for types without worrying about their performance skills much) are due to the firm like people being invovled.

See, it doesn't bother me that much that Melinda was voted off. She has an amazing voice but she has the stage presense of empty chair. The only reason I care is that now it is conceivable Blake could win!

And I think he will. The teeny bopper girls who can text message in their sleep will vote their little fingers off for him! But for me he has a weak voice and a gimmick. And he never changes his expression when he sings!

I have liked Jordin best for weeks and I like the fact she really did come out of nowhere and she is the one who seemed to improve the most throughout the competition and I like that she did all that while at a disadvantage to all the others - she had to spend time in school during all this! On the other hand, I hate to see someone so young thrown into the fray that will surely follow a win.

But I really, really do not like Blake.

Do I care who wins? Nope, although I really, really do NOT want Blake to win and I care more about that than Jordin winning.

I never watch results shows - even last year (plus its opposite the Lost season finale) - but I will watch the performance show. I want to hear the winning coronation song to see if an amateur can write anything better than dreck the professionals usually come up with! Wonder if it will be something Blake can beat box too..... :kotz0:

Edited by Claygasm