Lost

ldyjocelyn

OMG! So many questions!

Were Jack and Kate on the island before this plane crashed? Is that where Jack meant when he said we weren't supposed to leave? What is/was their relationship?

Is Charlie really dead? I mean Locke wasn't. But Charlie sure looked dead.

And is Walt really there or just a healing figment of Locke's imagination?

Who is really on that boat? And who is Naomi?

Did killing Locke's father make Sawyer into a homicidal maniac?

And why do we have to wait until next January before we get to find any of this out??

OMG....

OK...first theory is its a flashforward...hee its Jack in the future...after they got back. The only weird thing about it is that he kept referring to his father telling the other doctor to call his father to see if he is more drunk than him...so that seem to go against the future scenario cos his dad is dead...unless that is just part of his present psychosis....but when the show was goign I thought there was something off with this flashback cos it does not seem consistent with what we already saw...

so another theory...some parallel universe...

I do think Charlie died...and what a way to go.. that was a worthy send off for a great character. But this island is so weird we probably will hear them again.

I think Ben may be telling the truth about Naomi...and the Freight ship.

I think Walt is another way the island manifests itself. Too bad desmond didn't see penelope.

and why can;t the Russian stay dead.

Gah that was really good IMO...I loved the simple way Jack told Kate he loves her and the way hurley saved bernard, Sayid and Jin...I loved the reunion between alex and her mom...

hee just more questions...

I was sicker than a dog last night....and yet I was enthralled by the entire episode.

I believe Jack's story was a "flash-forward." When I saw Kate, that's when I knew. True, his talking about his dad as if he was still alive throws a wrench into that theory, but I think that was the drink/drugs talking more than anything else. Another clue for the flash-forward, to me, was when the bystander at the pharmacy said, "hey, you're the hero doctor. Two times over." Saved the lady and the kid in her car...but what else would he be a hero for? Of course -- saving the people on the plane! My question: who died? I think it must have been Sawyer. Locke is also another possibility. Anyway, to me, Jack having a "flash forward" gives me hope that they will be rescued.

I really felt bad for Hurley last night, when everyone kept saying "we don't want you around." So, when he saved everyone, I cheered!

Seeing Walt blew my mind -- another apparition from the island, it seems.

Charlie, we hardly knew ye. I agree though that we'll probably see him again soon. That's the way this show works, isn't it?

I thought about the flash forward too except for his dad being alive part. And when he said they shouldn't have left it made me think he and Kate escaped but no one else did and that's why he felt they needed to go back.

The fact he spoke so much about his father to others and no one looked at him like he was nuts though makes me think it was a flashback. Then again, maybe they just thought he had lost it?

The other thing that made me think it might be a flash forward is Jack talked about the "golden ticket" they were given. That sounds to me like Oceanic Airlines gave the survivors a free pass for life, which could only have happened after they were rescued.

The dead person better not be Sawyer! Besides, I think Kate would have been there. No matter how much of a homicidal maniac he may turn into, I think she sees his soft side and his torment and understands it - and I think she loves him. If this is a flash forward then it probably was one of the survivors. Jack seemed surprised no one was there so it couldn't have been someone everyone hated.

Of course, we don't know what is yet to happen so whoever it is may be someone that would surprise us that no one showed up.

But his talking about his father thing throws the future cast theory off for me. The being a hero twice over could have just referred to his rescuing first the kid and then going back and rescuing the mother.

Parallel universe? Maybe but they would almost have to be able to go between the universes to make the "we shouldn't have left" thing work.

Oooo! How about a time warp! Maybe that was what the Dharma project was all about - time warps or time travel!

O M G

I flurve this show. Was that not just THE BEST TV shown in, like forevah? That was fuc*ing unbelievably good. Awesome to the max. No other way to describe it for me. *g*

Where to start, Charley? What a fabulous job the writers did making him a hero. Was that not the most incredible testament of love for a woman, for courage to do the right thing, for making the ultimate sacrifice for the good of others? Then to, also, mangage to let Desmond know about Naomi not being sent by Penelope? Incredible. I cried a tear, I confess. Wasn't much of a Charley fan before, but this endeared him to me for evah......Couchie, I'm happy Desmond is still alive too. ldyjocelyn, you were right about Naomi not being sent by Penelope. The Russian guy? I kept screaming at the TV for him to put his eye patch back on. God I couldn't stand to look at his eye sewn shut. Yucky.

I just knew that Locke wasn't dead. Glad he killed Naomi, but was it because he doesn't want to be rescued and leave the island, or was it because Walt and the island told him she was "one of the bad guys?"

Sawyer better not be the unidentified man in the coffin. I will have to write nasty hate mail, and I can be very good at that, if they kill him off the show. I jumped off the couch when he killed Tom and said this is for taking the boy off the raft. WooHoo, revenge is sweet isn't it? Asshats shot him when they kidnapped the boy, too. I bet he didn't forget about that either. :lol:

Hurley the unlikely hero..........Didn't see it coming. When he came busting on the scene in that VW bus it was like the Calvary showing up. I never wanted to hug anybody so much in my life. I was sooooooo proud of him. See, he told them that he could do something to help, but all they could see was how big he is. Bless his heart *g*.............Who doesn't love Hurley? He sure earned him some future respect.

I love you kate?..............Yuck and double yuck. Wish the good Dr. hadn't of said that. Actually though, I kind of hope he ends up with her. I don't like her, or him, that much and she is not pretty or worthy enough of my Sawyer's love, IMO. Hee I believe Sawyer is a good man. I think there will be new characters, from the crash, introduced next season and hopefully Sawyer will find a pretty young thing to mate with. LOL

Ben. I was thrilled he took Alex with him and told her the French woman was her mother. I have been patiently waiting for them to connect and become more involved with the show. My heart always hurt for Rousseau...............I think his life story was tragic and still want to believe there is good left, deep down in him.

I sure thought it was a flash forward too, but the dead daddy made it confusing as all get out. Don't care!!! I loved it. That was the best 3 hours I have experienced in a long time. People who aren't watching this show are sure missing out on some of the greatest TV produced in a long long time. The writers are brilliant, IMO. Sometimes I get bored with all the back history stuff, but it is needed. As the writers have said. This show is about these characters and their lives. Not really about the island. Lost souls looking for redemption and given a second chance in life.

I'm spent..........It was more than I could of hoped for, for a finale. I give it an A+ and a 10.

I do think those were flash forwards. The "golden ticket" confirmed it for me, as did the "we were never meant to leave" speech. My theory:

I suspect person who died was Ben. Remember, at the funeral parlor, the person asked, "Friends or family?" and Jack said "neither." Kate said later, "Why would I go to the funeral?" This was not a loved individual. Why would this death destroy Jack? Because Jack desperately wants to go back to the island (that's why he's been getting on planes, hoping for them to crash), and he may have thought that Ben would have been the one person who could find the way back.

It's interesting how they intercut the scenes of Jack on the island with Jack off the island. On the island, he is a leader--strong, respected, and valued. Off the island, he has become a shaggy, addicted mess. (Although interestingly, even at his worst, he still has the heroic impulse.) Ben even told him something like, "Why would you want to go back? You're father's dead. Your wife's left you." It's as if Jack is a better person on the island than he would be if he left.

Which is what Locke seems to have understood instinctively, and why he is so desperate to stay. He certainly seems to have had a better life on the island. In a way, many of the other characters have also had better lives there. Michael bonded with Walt. Sun and Jin reignited their marriage. Charlie overcame his drug addiction. Rose seems to have been cured of cancer. Even Sawyer seems to have become a less angry, more altruistic human being.

And perhaps this is why Ben feels that rescue is not in anyone's best interest, and why he's willing to kill and lie to keep the island from being discovered.

I'm not sure what to make of this "flash forward" development. It's hard for me to believe that the show will completely leave the island, but who knows? Maybe the show will follow their lives off the island, but will feature flashbacks of their life on the island, and deal with an attempt to return to it.

Maybe the "flash forward" is something else entirely (a dream? a delusion? a cautionary vision?). The fact that his father is referred to in the present tense certainly makes it seem as if this may not be precisely what we think it is.

Amazing episode, though. It was wonderful to see Hurley come to the rescue in the VW bus! Rousseau got to meet her daughter. Jack got to beat up Ben. And though Charlie died, he did it with a lot of grace and dignity.

Just wish we didn't have to wait until January for the new season!

ETA: A random thought...

What if only some of the Losties get rescued--the ones with Jack? Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, Bernard, Jin, Hurley, Desmond and Juliet are not with them when the transmission goes through. Enough for a series?

Edited by JennaZ

Jenna, I suspect that Ben is the one that is dead too.

I like your theory. Very interesting indeed. You make some points about life being better for these people on the island than off. I don't think all of them will get rescued. Desmond's vision only talked about Claire and her baby getting on a helicopter. Which reminds me, do you think Jack will find out Claire is a half sister next season?

It's going to be a long wait till January.

I love Lost! Sit thru every single re-run because I always miss something the first time and then I read the recaps at TWOP to see it they have figured out something that I didn't understand.

The most memorable moment for me was when Kate met Jack at the airstrip and told him she couldn't stay long because "he" wouldn't like that or some like phrase. Jack kept saying they shouldn't have left the island and he was drinking heavily. WTF was that and who the F--k was he?

Someone at TWOP described the show as a "turducken mind fuckin". Still laughing at that one but how true!

Can't wait for the return and I don't want it to ever end....never.

I was so far behind from the weekend that the Emmy's were the last thing on my mind. However, this morning I wake up and discover that Terry O'Quinn won -- and I'm to the moon! Thanks for posting that picture cindilu, that look is great on him.

Locke rocks!

oh I am so happy for him...this must;ve happened after I went to bed? was that supporting or best actor?

any other Lost win?

It was for best supporting actor, Ansa. It was actually one of the first awards of the evening *g*. It was (I believe) the only nomination for Lost.

oh I am so happy for him...this must;ve happened after I went to bed? was that supporting or best actor?

any other Lost win?

It was for best supporting actor, Ansa. It was actually one of the first awards of the evening *g*. It was (I believe) the only nomination for Lost.

I think they were nominated for writing...I remember they were up against BSG and soprano...soprano won.

any other Lost win?

I think they were nominated for writing...I remember they were up against BSG and soprano...soprano won.

Hee! Then you already know the answer *g*

Toots, I certainly hope that isn't true! I thought I had read somewhere yesterday though that Lost already had a few episodes "in the can" though and could possibly start up.

*crosses fingers*

ETA: found something that corroborates my story: How Will The Strke Affect Lost?

Thanks for that article ldyj. I hope that holds true, but how would we feel if they split up the season again? They lost so many viewers the last time they did that so it may be a bridge they just don't want to cross again. Lost will never lose me, I just love that show! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm thinking the strike won't last very long. The money the networks, et al, will lose is probably the biggest issue but pissing off the fans is another big issue. It becomes difficult to know who is doing what to whom after a while...strikes are never popular with the fans.

I watched a few trailers of Lost on my Yahoo home page the other day. OMG. Starts January 31st. I am just beside myself. I swear I almost peed my pants with anticipation. It is going to knock our collective socks off this season. I was so looking forward to getting season three for Christmas, as I have gotten each season as a Christmas gift so far. However, since we had to do an early Christmas on the 15th, Lost wasn't out yet. I got a girlfriend hooked on the show. She called me the other day to see if I got it for Christmas, because if I didn't she was going out to buy it and I could borrow it. Here's to hoping she does. I forget so much between seasons that I need a refresher course. Hee!

I watched a few trailoes of Lost on my Yahoo home page the other day. OMG. Starts January 31st. I am just beside myself. I swear I almost peed my pants with anticipation. It is going to knock our collective socks off this season. I was so looking forward to getting season three for Christmas, as I have gotten each season as a Christmas gift so far. However, since we had to do an early Christmas on the 15th, Lost wasn't out yet. I got a girlfriend hooked on the show. She called me the other day to see if I got it for Christmas, because if I didn't she was going out to buy it and I could borrow it. Here's to hoping she does. I forget so much between seasons that I need a refresher course. Hee!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE off to search for some trailers...can't wait!!! I need a replacement for my Heroes...sniff

I can't believe it. After posting about my friend buying Lost 3, guess who showed up at my place with it yesterday? She is going to let me watch it first. God I love good friends. I watched 7 episodes yesterday and am going to watch several today too. Jack just finished operating on Ben, and Kate and Sawyer are on a boat to go back to their island. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.