California 4FER

Thank you Jenna..looks like good choices... I'm an Asian nut my self so the Thai looks good but I need to study the menus heee. Maybe anybody who is going can just post which one they prefer and majority rule - or if there is one you simply don't want to do..post that as well.

Ansa wants to walk (and shop BWAH) on Rodeo Drive... perhaps if we get into town by 11 or so (or noonish) we'll have time to sightsee a bit or maybe even sunday before we head to Indio.

OK I"m loving the Thai menu.... but may have to call them as they stop serving lunch at 3:30 and start serving dinner at 5pm. Just want to make sure they won't be rushing us out or anything....

I can call them tomorrow.

Yes, Claygasm, in California, there is ALWAYS a vegetarian option! Usually, many.

I'd love to join you in Beverly Hills, if you don't mind. I'm actually much more familiar with that area, as it's close to where I work.

OK I"m loving the Thai menu.... but may have to call them as they stop serving lunch at 3:30 and start serving dinner at 5pm. Just want to make sure they won't be rushing us out or anything....

I can call them tomorrow.

Yes, Claygasm, in California, there is ALWAYS a vegetarian option! Usually, many.

I'd love to join you in Beverly Hills, if you don't mind. I'm actually much more familiar with that area, as it's close to where I work.

Oh Cool! We'll have to figure this part out. Are you free on Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday?

By the way, YSRN....if you're still looking for a ticket for the Greek? I have two to sell next to me and Claygasm....Section B, Row E...center....good seats...My two Bay Area friends aren't going to make it after all....

Hrrrmmmph....Most likely KarenEh's ticket is closer than mine....

I've got my finger crossed for you and us Muski. And hrrmph we'll all fit right in in Beveryly Hills. Can $5 get us anything there Jenna? :cryingwlaughter:

Actually, while Beverly Hills ain't exactly a bargain hunter's paradise, it's not all high end stores. It has its share of chain retailers like The Gap.

It'll be fun. Looking forward to it!

Couchie, I upgraded my San Diego seats this week and after I did that I found out that we had been sitting at the same table! I'm running with friends from the Broads this week and doing a lot of hanging around taking it easy. We have to meet up somewhere along the way and spend some time together. I'll be in San Diego on the 1st, Joe's Crab Shack before the San Diego concert, then leaving for Pala after the SD show. Our plan was to hang around Pala and relax on the 3rd and then we're heading up the LA on the 4th and checking in to the Renaissance Hollywood.....grabbing something to eat at a place as yet undetermined, at the mall there. The next day it's off to Indio and the Holiday Inn Express.....I changed my mind about going back to up LA that night and have decided to stick around Indio for the night. I'm sure we can hook up somewhere along the way. Please say "yes"....

Couchie, I upgraded my San Diego seats this week and after I did that I found out that we had been sitting at the same table! I'm running with friends from the Broads this week and doing a lot of hanging around taking it easy. We have to meet up somewhere along the way and spend some time together. I'll be in San Diego on the 1st, Joe's Crab Shack before the San Diego concert, then leaving for Pala after the SD show. Our plan was to hang around Pala and relax on the 3rd and then we're heading up the LA on the 4th and checking in to the Renaissance Hollywood.....grabbing something to eat at a place as yet undetermined, at the mall there. The next day it's off to Indio and the Holiday Inn Express.....I changed my mind about going back to up LA that night and have decided to stick around Indio for the night. I'm sure we can hook up somewhere along the way. Please say "yes"....

I'm starting to think I have the cooties LOL. Everybody is moving away from me. Where on earth did you upgrade to. I'm under the delusion that my seats are pretty good. Did you move more center which must be what a great photographer would want.

Will be at Joe's Crab shack. And we do get in relatively early to San Diego and will probably do some site seeing and brunch somewhere. I'm sure we can meet up along the way and definitely Indio. We're staying at the same hotel. KAndre and Scarlett are staying with us too. And even Muski will most likely make it in. Maybe we can do a post concert hook up.

I'll make sure to give you my cell.

Called "Simply Thai," and unfortunately, they don't open for lunch on Saturdays. They are open for dinner, though, and claim to have a big pre-Greek clientele.

If you all want to meet earlier, though, do the other options appeal to you?

Called "Simply Thai," and unfortunately, they don't open for lunch on Saturdays. They are open for dinner, though, and claim to have a big pre-Greek clientele.

Karen mentioned a mall... is that Universal City or some such place..where there are a ton of restaurants. Ansa had mentioned it to me but thought it sounded like a tourist trap. Perhaps I'm wrong. Also at the CH there is a link to a ton or restaurants in the area. I like Puran's. It seems small but our group isn't that large.

Karen mentioned a mall... is that Universal City or some such place..where there are a ton of restaurants. Ansa had mentioned it to me but thought it sounded like a tourist trap. Perhaps I'm wrong. Also at the CH there is a link to a ton or restaurants in the area. I like Puran's. It seems small but our group isn't that large.

The Universal City Walk is basically an outdoor strip lining the path to Universal Studios. It's got a lot of theme chain restaurants. It's very expensive to park there, and can get very crowded on weekends with very long lines for food. It is touristy, but if you are a tourist, hey!

I can look into Puran's. How many people do you think we need to accomodate?

I'm staying at the Renaissance Hollywood and the mall is the one that's attached to the hotel at Hollywood and Highland. A bunch of us Broads have decided to descend on California Pizza Kitchen there in mid afternoon. I'll be having Thai, too....but it's going to be the Thai Chicken Pizza.

I'm staying at the Renaissance Hollywood and the mall is the one that's attached to the hotel at Hollywood and Highland. A bunch of us Broads have decided to descend on California Pizza Kitchen there in mid afternoon. I'll be having Thai, too....but it's going to be the Thai Chicken Pizza.

heee my favorite!!

couchie, you asked where we upgraded to and I missed it. A table in the second row of Champagne came up on MBITS that's just off center so I took it. The original seats are really good ones, but I was afraid I'd be too exposed there on the aisle if we aren't allowed to take photos. I have a hunch this one might be tough. Sitting up here in the Marriott and thinking it's time to go to bed. We'll be out and about during the day tomorrow. I have to find a Best Buy since I forgot to dump a lot of stuff onto the external hard drive before I left home. I only have a half dozen gigs left on the laptop, so I have to go buy one of those handy dandy compact ones to use on this (and future) trips.