So You Think You Can Dance... 07,08, 2009

Couch Tomato

So the show was a lot of fun if a little long especially with so many kids there. I guess if it had started at 7 it would have been fine..but it started at 8 and it ran until about 10:40. But my niece held on until she was in the car on the way home.

Anyway, it was great seeing everybody again. They did many of hte dances from the show and a few new ones. My favorite new one was one with the 3 breakdancers - Sara, Dominic and Hok. Hok was really a fan favorite and I'm SOOOO glad he was there despite not being top 10. Hell I think he had more dances than some in the top 10. Jesus was also there and he got to do his vagabond dance with Sarah and a couple group numbers but his stage time was limited. Anya did a couple dances with Danny. And Shauna was another one not in the top ten that was on tour.

Sabra, Danny, Neil, Sara seemed to be on stage all night long and I really enjoyed them all a lot. I really appreciated Neil's personality after seeing him live. I appreciated Danny a lot more in person. My sister and mom were kinda hyperventilating over him which was hysterical..as was my brother in law teasing them on the way home. Dominic also had a lot to do... just a natural ham and he had a lot of skit/hosting duties.

They were all excellent in person -- looser. Sabra was just as appealing to me... Some of the lessers in the top ten didn't really seem to do much..don't know if that's my imagination. And surprising unless I was just mixing up Lacey and Lauren a lot..cuz their hair was similar..I Just didn't see Lacey on stage as much as the others in the top 5.

Nigel had a video presentation of the 5 worst/memorable auditions. And Kat's voice introduced some of the routines. Mia had a little bit on the dance she choreographed about her dad. Each of the top 10 had a short video peice and a solo dance.

Anyway it was fun ..don't know what kind of careers they can all expect to have but I wish them all well.

We arrived about 45 minutes early (handicapped parking ..love it hee) and so at first I thought it was going to be pretty sparse but it filled up nicely. So I think the places holds about 16,000 and I bet there were about 15,000 people there. The crowd was very enthusiastic..lots of clapping and screams. I think Hok got the biggest applause of the night...cuz it was a suprise that he was there I think. But Sabra, Danny, and Neil got the loudest support and about equal support. But the weirdest thing.... no standing ovations. That suprised me.

So we had pretty good seats...on the floor. We were in the second section, third row..so it was probably about row 23 or something like that. And let me tell you, this did not make Alex happy. She is a front row kinda gal...but the stage was very high and the no standing helped ..so she just sat on daddy's lap and stopped pouting that someone was in front of her. LOL.

I just watched this today and I just loved it. So much talent...I'm amazed. I think this is my favorite reality show now. I already have some folks to keep an eye on.

And honestly I really love the judges. I know some people can't stand Cat's screeching but I just love her. Mia to me has a beautiful spirit. I don't know..just something about her that I like. And Nigel shows he has a great sense of humor. Hopefully they will continue to focus on the dancers and let us get to know them as they did las year.

The guy at thend end, the contortionist..damn was he flexible. But can he dance? It will be interesting to see how far he makes it... and to think he was just doing his thang down in on a Santa Monica pier. Even if he doesn't go far he should get something out of it. I like the sick girl, ..forget her name..Asuka or something like that. Wasn't too keen on her partner. We'll see.

It was nice seeing the kids from previous seasons.

Looking forward to this one each week.

Thayne and Chelsea - HOT! whew.... that girl is ...ummm energetic. whoo hooo

Courtney is one of my favorites from the auditions.

Enjoyed Mia Michaels routine for Chelsie and Mark.

eeeee Twitchington..I thought they were great.

Loved Katee and Joshua..Foolish girl almost talked herself right off the show last week.

Thayne and Chelsea - HOT! whew.... that girl is ...ummm energetic. whoo hooo

Courtney is one of my favorites from the auditions.

Enjoyed Mia Michaels routine for Chelsie and Mark.

eeeee Twitchington..I thought they were great.

Loved Katee and Joshua..Foolish girl almost talked herself right off the show last week.

Yup that was really good...can't figure out who my favorite is and who will be leaving. I liked all the routines and even Miami hootchie teacher transformed herself into an elegant ballroom dancer.

Love this show! everyone is talented...no one is there just for show although I'm sure they tried to bring in a good variety so there are different levels of competence for different styles...but everyone just gives it their all. I love the choreography too.

YUP...love Cat...such a real person and just totally relaxed in her skin...and the judges certainly care and are more knowledgeable that some judges in other reality shows.

I'm in LOVE with Joshua! What a talented, hawt young man! Loved their routine and agree with you about Cat, the choreographer. She's great.

I was totally appalled by Nigel's comment about the broomstick during his critique of one of the male dancers (can't remember names)...it was completely tasteless and others expressed their horror at it, too, on camera. Mary's face was as incredulous as mine. God. I used to sorta like Nigel but over the last weeks have gotten a different vibe from him.

I'd love to see Chelsea and Joshua together...whoa, mama. Talk about a Hot Tamale Train!

And Twitch was amazing. So fluid. He and his partner were great, but Twitch held my attention more. (Never mind that he's hot...I'm talking about his dancing.... :blush:)

And ladies...I've found my couple to root for...

Joshua and Katee...

whoo hooooo

AWWW I love them too...I just love Katee's face she was so joyous and Joshua...wow, what versatility. I hope they can keep it up even when they get a ballroom dancing routine.

They better watch out for the Will pimping. I really like the guy and I think he deserves it but they gotta think that they can't turn off the viewing public or else it will back fire. This happened with Danny last year and he ended up in the bottom almost every week.

I also love Twitch and Kerrington.

WHOO HOOO love this show. It seemed to me like there were 4 or 5 really GREAT routines tonight. Joshua and Katee continue to be my favorites... what great personalities they both have...love when Joshua said something about practicing his solo when he saw he had the solo. Still love twitchington... I thought the couple where the girl wore half a dress was HOT. I can't think of their names right now... Joshua was just too bootlicious heee.

Will may be a great dancer but something is missing and he doesn't move me at all.

The choreography this year has been just fantastic. I think the choreographers have realized this is a wonderful showcase for their work. Even if these aren't "professional" dancers, they are great and can handle some difficult work.

Couchie, I really like Joshua also. Do you remember if he was the one that one of the judges suggested was a ringer? He (or someone else) presented himself as a hip-hopper, but did a perfect entrechat during his routine which suggested a wee bit of ballet training.

I do think Debbie Allen was just teasing him and intrigued. I think he is not just a hip hopper but has limited training..not a lot I don't think. I read the threads at TWoP so if I recall correctly he's taken a course or two..that last 2 weeks to a month. I'ts probably intensive though.

I'll double check on that when I get the chance.

WHOO HOOO love this show. It seemed to me like there were 4 or 5 really GREAT routines tonight. Joshua and Katee continue to be my favorites... what great personalities they both have...love when Joshua said something about practicing his solo when he saw he had the solo. Still love twitchington... I thought the couple where the girl wore half a dress was HOT. I can't think of their names right now... Joshua was just too bootlicious heee.

Will may be a great dancer but something is missing and he doesn't move me at all.

I love it too couchie...I am a bit frustrated that I have no one to chat with when its on...so those FCAers that want to chat can come to this thread and we can comment on the dances on real time...

WOW...love the routines...I totally agreed with the judges....

my four faves are...

Twitchinton...they are just wonderful together. Twitch it really getting hotter and hotter to me...and I love her...what a beautiful and refreshing face...and she truly stepped up to Twitch on their dance...wonderful. And I love Nathan and Tabitha...what great concepts!!! lyrical hip hop...love that descriptions.

Kev and Courtney...another really cute couple. I love their chemistry. I really think Kev is much better than Dominick cos although I really liked him...his expressions are a bit cheesy and it really seems like he is acting. But Kev...wow...he looked like he was really into her..very believable. It also didn;t hurt that courtney looked super hot!!! Wow what an outfit...and her facial expressions were really sensuous. sexiest rumba ever IMO.

Mark and Chelsea...another really cute looking couple...like a couple of kids. BUT such great performers. They act with their total body, their eyes and the emotion really comes from within. Wonderful. She is really a wonder...so playful and a bit immature during their rehearsals...but wow, what passion on stage. LOVE the choreography...wanted to watch it again and again.

Joshua and Katee...LOVE LOVE them. I totally agreed with Joshua and his natural samba rhythm and movement. Its not as pronounced and exaggerated as the pro ballroom dancers...but thats why I love it. It is sensual and natural. Katee...I was worried about her when watching the clip but when she went out...wow...who is this girl! She was naturally sensual and had this elegant sexiness. The chemistry between these two was also palpable...

the rest of the field...are good and I like them all but I think are expendable at this point.

Will...I can see that he really is a good dancer ...but I really think Jessica is hindering him. I really don;t like her. She does not seem to be taking this seriously. I was so pissed at her rehearsal video cos she was giggling all the time. I feel like he is constantly supporting her instead of just shining. I also think that overly groomed mustache and beard kinda make him prissy. I do think he will be pushed to the point where the audience makes their choices.

I actually love Nigel as a judge. He truly is knowledgeable and shows that he truly cares about Dance. I love how casual this show is...from the conversation among the judges...with Cat and the audience.

Love Cat...I just do...can she please take over AI???

Ansa, I agree with your assessments from last week. Those are my four favorite couples at the moment. Can't pick a favorite at this point because it really depends on the routines they have to work with, but it has been those 4 from the beginning. Or I guess I should say 8.

Thought Will and Twitch both looked pretty hot tonite. Nice builds. On the 2nd routine with Will and Jessica, I think she really picked things up because I thought she did a great job. My favortie routine for tonite though was Twitch and Carrington, or however she spells her name. I love Mia's choreography anyway, and I thought they did an amazing job.

Not much into the hip hop stuff and didn't really like the broadway # so Gev and Courtney didn't do it for me tonite but I doubt they will be going home so I should have more weeks to appreciate them. Really hope Comfort goes home because I really dislike almost everything about her. Thought she should have gone last week.

I was really sorry to see Karrington, or however she spells her name, go this week and I'm still being tormented by Comfort. Cannot stand her, not her dancing or her personality. I was also suprised that Gev went. I enjoyed him, even though he wouldn't have been my top pick. Love Katee too although I think I like Chelsea and Courtney a little better because I love watching them play their parts while they are dancing. First pick for guys is Joshua. Love how he was talking about showing the rest of himself because Twitch and Will are always showing their chests. He just seems so sweet. I love his personality. I think Will is a really good dancer and I like to watch him, especially with his shirt off. And Twitch has really suprised me with how well he has been able to do a lot of those routines.

It's also really nice to see how they use past contestants to choreograph, which makes me see a difference there from AI. AI seems to almost act like their past contestants are an embarrassment. Yes they bring them out for ratings or sometimes brag about sales or awards, but it's almost like they have a self-esteem issue where it encourages others to not give credibility to the contestants. Wish I could explain it better, but it just seems like on SYTYCD they actually feel pride and respect for the contestants and believe that they are some of the best dancers out there, and I don't get that whole vibe from AI.

the show isn't even on here yet and I know who was eliminated. TWoP is a hotbed of conspiracy theories ..so many competing theories that they can't possibly all be true. Here's my theory..America's favorite will win.

And it better be Katee LOL.

the show isn't even on here yet and I know who was eliminated. TWoP is a hotbed of conspiracy theories ..so many competing theories that they can't possibly all be true. Here's my theory..America's favorite will win.

And it better be Katee LOL.

Me too. I think Katee is my fave and Chelsie is close behind. Twitch and Chelsea are fighting for number two spot

Tonight we had the top 10 couples on Oz, and wow they are just incredible. I am so impressed with the high standard of dancing talent but I am even MORE impressed with the unbelievable talent of the choreographers. It is such a shame, like most songwriters, they are behind the scenes. But at least the show is giving them the credit they deserve.

I didn't know Nigel had a background in dance, from his comments I figured he must have... so I looked him up on Wikipedia which said, amongst other things, " On August 4th, 2008, Lythgoe confirmed that he was leaving "American Idol" and decided to move on with "So You Think You Can Dance."

Can't wait for the finale tonight. I think this is the first time ever that my top four people actually made it to the top. Last year one of my favorites, Jesus, got cut like 3rd week in and only really liked Sabra and Neil in the top 4. Didn't really like Lacy or Danny although they were good dancers.

I'm pulling for a Katee or Joshua win. But even if one of the other two win I'll be ok with it.

I don't know why I didn't know Joshua was only 19..

Hopefully if Nigel isn't working on Idol we'll get 2 SYTYCDs... next year.

Interesting that you guys all like Joshua and Katee as I have only watched the first show of the top 10 couples and they were easily my favourite pair BY FAR... but then I loved their routine so much I figured maybe that the choreographer probably should have been given a vote as well! I guess from what you say, it wasn't just the oregraphy, that they are reallylconsistently outstanding and I am looking forward so much to the rest of their performancdes. Funny about how Katee almost got herself eliminated because of her 'attitude'; that would have been so cruel. I bet the judges are glad they stuck with her after all.

That Mary Murphy sure has a VOICE on her!

Claytonic I was a bit skeptical at first too about Katee and Joshua. But week after week they amaze me. Joshua though has has some not so stellar moments with other partners but Katee did very well with anyone.

I have a feeling it will be Josh and Twitch in the top two. They just got a lot of praise and face time last night. They were very good and their solos were more entertaining. I think if its all about dancing ability then Katee should win hands down but this is popularity too. Whoever wins tonight...I will be ok... I like everyone.

Katee is also my favorite and slightly under her is Joshua. Twitch has the personality though that may get him the win.

I need to stop being a spoiler ho though cuz I wanted to reach through the TV and slap Nigel last night with all his speechafying about the audience not caring if you're ill blah blah. Joshua looked like he hadn't fully recovered from being in the hospital. He just looked worn out. I thought they all did pretty well for having less days to rehearse.

YAY Joshua won!!!

I think I would've been happier if Katee won but at least her partner did. I think Katee is one of the best dancers they ever had in the show but she has a much more subdued personality when not performing. Her solos are also less entertaining than the guys and I think that makes a huge difference with the popularity.

I was happy to see some of the best dances again this year. It truly is a testament to how good Katee is that she danced so many times last night and with 3 partners. She can dance anything with anyone.

I am happy that the two hip hop dancers were the finalist in the end. They were exceptional not only in their own style but in adapting to other styles. I do love twitch and would be happy for him to win but they did give Joshua more amazing things to do in the Russian dance and he also had a very funny and wonderful solo number. I also think Joshua and Katee always had a strong support since they were never in the bottom. But Twitch was so lovable and had such a sparkly personality in the finale that he must have edged Katee out.

I love this show...I even love the judges...love the camaraderie and respect the choreographers have for each other. I enjoyed Nigel and Mary's dance. I totally love Cat and how real she is...will miss it. There will be SYTYCD Canada...I hope it lives up to the US version.