Nov 6 Taping of Xmas Skating Extravaganza

Couch Tomato

I'm going to the pre-party, too. We need to pick one corner of the room and meet there, maybe. I'm driving out that morning and staying at the Orleans. Double room for $74. I have an extra room if they are booked up or have raised their prices.

Fear and I will be there from Saturday afternoon, we leave very soon after the show (Please don't let them postpone it a day because we will be gone!!!)

Hey Play, thinking of coming in on Saturday as well. But that was before I decided on Xmas stuff so will keep you posted.

I'll be staying at the Orleans with a friend, too. Maybe we should all meet a bit before the preparty at a designated location at the Orleans, and that way we can arrange to sit together. Will everyone have a laptop, or some kind of internet access there? If so, we could either post in this thread when and where we are going to meet, or I could send out PMs if that's preferable. The other option would be to share cell phone numbers (by PM, of course) so that we could keep in touch. What do ya'll think?

ETA: I'll be there by Monday afternoon. My friend and I are thinking of either going to Cirque De Soleil, or Chippendales (heee!) on Monday night. We haven't made reservations for either yet. Anybody interested in joining in on one of those shows?

Edited by Gibby

Seeing as I got my feet wet with my first post on the main thread tonight, I thought I'd ask for your opinions on my Las Vegas dilemma.

I have tickets; pretty good ones in Section 102. I have enough points to fly there and back.

Vegas type places are not usually my favorite kind of places to visit, but my favorite enabler

had an extra set of tickets and she suggested I invite DH to consider coming.

Now, DH does like Vegas type places, and is also very much in need of a break/holiday. He was interested.....but

Not, in anything Clay related though, and that included meeting any of the friends I have come to love and appreciate so much over the past four years. Grrrrrr. I wish he had told me this in the beginning.

Now I reeeeeeallly want to go to a place I don't like. :)

To complicate the bruhaha a little further, my DS announced a few days ago that his debut performance as a solo artist in a main role in our city's symphony orchestra's opera season would occur on Thursday, November 8th. One performance only.

Me thinks the fates are agin me.

So why, do I still want to go. Yeah, I know. Stupid question.

So, anyone out there up for talking some sense into me?

:fca:

So, anyone out there up for talking some sense into me?

:fca:

Let's see

you go share Clay with your friends

Your husband gambles

pencil in an hour or two to do something together

Taping is on the 6th

Dear Son's performance is on the 8th

What's the problem? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

In other words -- no help here heee.

you go share Clay with your friends

Your husband gambles

pencil in an hour or two to do something together

Taping is on the 6th

Dear Son's performance is on the 8th

What's the problem? :cryingwlaughter:

I guess my problem musta been in the delivery.

I remember saying :DoClay: , I mean, exactly something like um you said, CouchTomato.

Anyway, DH has officially declared his non-intention of going, or is that his intention of not going?

Whatever; communication is always more complicated than it needs to be at our house.

So it's a solo trip for me if anything, and there is that little detail about the points for the flight actually being DH's points. Sigh.

And one more thing, I don't exactly live anywhere close to Las Vegas. I live kinda very northish where a healthy respect for winter weather is a survival skill. A flight scheduled to take me home on the seventh doesn't guarantee me a seat in the concert hall on Thursday.

Okay, enough whining. I must be the whiniest dog walker around. I think we'll go around the block again.

See you all later. :bolt:

Okay, enough whining. I must be the whiniest dog walker around. I think we'll go around the block again.

See you all later. :bolt:

reading comprehension is everything LOL.

Ahhh that's a tough one then. I'd be more concerned about missing the performance than spending the money and coming alone. Good luck with your dilemma.

So it's a solo trip for me if anything, and there is that little detail about the points for the flight actually being DH's points. Sigh.

And one more thing, I don't exactly live anywhere close to Las Vegas. I live kinda very northish where a healthy respect for winter weather is a survival skill. A flight scheduled to take me home on the seventh doesn't guarantee me a seat in the concert hall on Thursday.

At least the performance isn't on the 7th....if you booked an early flight on the 7th, you would be allowing for the possibility of there being a delay. Hey, I live northish too, I know what you are worried about! But if it were me, I'd still do it.

Sorry, not much help here. :cryingwlaughter: I am coming too. I arrive early Saturday morning and fly out around noon on Wednesday. I don't have the greatest seats (row F sec 102) but at least they are close to the stage.

Awwww, Zena , any place is a fun place. It all depends entirely up to you how to enjoy the place.

Everyone , come on down. This is my home city. However, I will be working that day and won't be able to help with the party other than attend it.

I belong to the Las Vegas Team for Inclusion of the TBAF. This is the same group that is putting up the preparty party. We will be doing fund raising as well so if anyone has anything to donate for the raflle , it will be appreciated.

Edited by leeana

You don't sound whiney at all to me--I think you should go if you want to go! Like luckiest said, if you book a flight out early on the 7th, you should be able to make it back home on the 8th. There will be lots of FCAers there to hang out with if you go alone. But if it's going to end up causing more domestic disharmony than it's worth, I can certainly understand. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm all signed up for pre - party. But unfortunately, my plan to come in on saturday has been kaboshed. The owner of the company I work for is going to Asia for 3 weeks on the 8th and there's no way I can miss two days of work right before she leaves..so I'll fly in on the 6th and out early morning on the 7th...darn it all. Anyway, I'll be at the pre party and hope to meet you all!

hmmmm I may not get a room at all..just gamble all night heee I'll probably fall asleep at my desk the next day...

Holy shit. You live dangerously. Or you are seriously younger than me, because I couldn't survive that.

I know....I got seriously tired just reading her description....

And what she keeps forgetting is that there will be a bunch of us here at FCA who will be waiting with baited breath for her report on the entire festivities! And she'll be sitting in her office, with her eyelids getting very heavy....

I soooooooo wish I could go to this. Unfortunately, I've got a work commitment the day after the taping...