New Harry Potter movie

luckiest1

I probably have a cheek to have an opinion on Harry Potter since I've never read an HP book or seen an HP movie despite the fact a friend put them all on an external USB drive for me. However, I do wonder why they didn't use animation so that there would be no issue with the children playing the roles, aging in RL. Animation assisted by technology is now so brilliant ... I just can't believe it. There is something special about the animated classics, they remain 'current' for future generations.

Oh, anything that does away with seeing a quite real Alan Rickman as Snape should begone instantly!

And Robbie Coltrane! And Gary Oldman!!!!!!! I love Timothy Spall, too!

Seeing the characters grow up and change is part of the fun.

Sorry, but something like HP or LOTR needs more depth and layering than is possible in a cartoon. IMO.

And my grandson's opinion, too, he felt the animated Star Wars movie was not worth going to the movies for.

I certainly would not have gone to the movies each time to see a cartoon LOTR. Still shuddering at that animated Hobbit movie, with Glenn Yarborough bursting loudly into song at odd but numerous intervals. In fact, I was kinda scared that someone would animate LOTR complete with the Captain-Obvious-Suggested "Riders on the Storm" accompanying the Nazgul, and discourage everyone from making the movies with real people.

Seriously, it was amazing how many drunk or stoned guys at parties, back in the day, would portentously announce that they had the perfect song for LOTR.

After the first couple of times I would just say Wow! You should let someone in Hollywood know that!

Yeah, I think you would need to have read the book or seen the movie to understand.

Both LOTR and HP have a perfect blend of real people and CGI. Again IMO.

Not "cheek", just another opinion, everyone has a few!

I probably have a cheek to have an opinion on Harry Potter since I've never read an HP book or seen an HP movie despite the fact a friend put them all on an external USB drive for me. However, I do wonder why they didn't use animation so that there would be no issue with the children playing the roles, aging in RL. Animation assisted by technology is now so brilliant ... I just can't believe it. There is something special about the animated classics, they remain 'current' for future generations.

I agree with djs - not cheek!

But, having said that, :cryingwlaughter: I can totally understand the appeal of the way they did HP. I am a fan of both the books and the movies and part of it is the work and expertise that you can see in those movies. Also I normally do prefer a live show/concert etc and given that it would be very hard to do HP justice on the stage, this is the next best thing.

Am very much looking forward to the new one!!!

Anyone else getting excited? I've rewatched all 5 previous movies in anticipation, and I'm going to go and buy my tickets for tomorrow night in advance. There is actually a showing at our local theatre at 11:59 pm tonight but that's a bit late for me on a weeknight LOL.

Well I finally saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! I really liked it a lot.

But ...something was a bit off with this film. Can't quite put my finger on it. The acting, at times and not by all characters, seemed just a bit stiff. Like, the delivery of their lines was sort of wooden, at least early on in the film.

I think the fact that it focused more on the romance angle than the book previously owned by the half blood prince in Harry's possession or the search for the horcrux or even the strange ending where we never once see any sign of the struggle or The Order at the school was a bit off outting too.

And my goodness, Ginny is TALL :blink:

I do hope they begin the next film with Dumbledor's funeral. It would make sense, in order to layout the plotline for the last adventure, last two films.

I still would highly recommend it. The 2 and a half hours really flew by!

I took my grandson to see it last Friday. He has read all the books, I have not.

He was PISSED OFF because they left two very important happenings out. won't spoiler it, but I have read the same complaint elsewhere.

I enjoyed it, but I wished for more action - and aside from my inordinate love of Snape, I didn't like any of the actors/characters as much as I liked Gary Oldman and a few others. Characters were not as interesting or something.

We can't wait for Sherlock Holmes. :-)