August 2, San Diego, California

So I think it's Quiana singing this time with him, right? You know, when I heard that this song was going to be on the CD, I was so excited---always loved this power ballad. But do.not.like.the.cd.version. Too much unison that sounds shrill...then, when I found out that he and that Susie chick weren't even together in the studio to record it, it lost any appeal.

But...Clay singing this live? And then playing off his duet partner the way he does, regardless of which one it is? Priceless....like they're doing right now...trying to one-up the other...

LOVE it!

Banter now...but it's tough to hear...

They are trying to out sing each other

No kidding. Wonder who won?

Angie is home on the west coast...been a long time since they've been on the west coast.

Big group came in late in the back of the hall..."yeah, that's my Mother."

Got up for the radio interview, and then went back to bed again. Early rehearsal -- so Jerome came to wake him up, but Clay doesn't remember it!

I can't tell what Clay is asking the girls about...

WISYS

muski, ITA on IWKWLI...I was so looking forward to the recorded version, and it's turned out to be my least fav on the album. But live? Wow.

The cellstream on CV is pretty good on the singing, and just OK on the banter.

Some chit chat...what was your day like, Angela and QUiana? Boring...he said, "Well, looks like THIS is going to be an exciting show tonight!"

Now...WISYS...he sings this well, just not one of my faves....maybe if he were singing to TO ME, I'd feel differently...heh.

No reports yet about hair? stubble? jeans? shirt tucked/untucked? boot buckle? :allgood:

Think we'll ever get a glasses concert?

Hope not...(ducks flying tomatoes)....ETYGA...always loved this song, both by Paul Young and Hall & Oates...I love how he's playing around with the tunes now...getting so comfy with them, doing his thang!....

"I can feel your body mooo-oooo--oooove..."

:Thud:

Oh, yeah, baby.....

I think this song really showcases his voice.

Hello san deigo.. whach you doing.. how you doing ange.. its your home.we are glad to be here thank you so much for your energy.. and you late one....oh thats my Mother..talkinging to audience.. been a long day.. I didn't do nothing..resheresal at 10 am Jerome came to wake me up.. I dont remeber any of it.. talking to someone now..about son's ...angela..went to walmart...nobody did nothing .conia be a good show...talking to quinan now..

now if they hadn't given the wrong instructions to people on muting the phone... I could hear great.

Just referred to the large group that came in late - his mother! He feels so loved. Talking about all sorts of things - being up early for the radio interview and then going back to bed. Apparently Jerome came to wake him up but he didn't hear him.

Lots of chitchat with Angela and Quiana - I can' type as fast as they speak.

Introduced SD Symphony and now WISYS

Edited by playbiller

With apologies to muski, I think there will be just one show with glasses. He seems to do that almost once a tour. Of course, it really doesn't affect ME, because I'm not seeing him again.

He's wailing on this song tonight. Good for him!

West Wing theme now.

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here's some of the dialogue leading into WISYS:

high notes at the end... ooo oooing at each other.. lol.. laughter

Hello san diego!

How're you doing? Water on all sides... I don't know if I can make it through the whole show.

It's been long since we've been on the west coast. we thank you so much for your energy. And for those who came in late... we started @ 8 o'clock I'm talking about one group in particular. One big group in the back where are they? yeah thats my mother. I feel loved I appreciate it. Thanx very much. What are you saying? Its been a long day? Cuz I've done nothing. I had to get up at 8 this morning. We have rehearsal early today at 10 o'clock we always have rehearsal at 2. Jerome came and woke me up and I don't remember any of it.

Asking Angela and Quiana what they did.. Quiana said spent time with her son.. Clay said "I spent time with my son" haha

We usually have so much to talk about.. (Quiana and Angela didn't do much over break apparently.) They're clammed up apparently ladies and gentleman. Clearly you have nothing to talk about.

The san diego symphony behind us ladies and gentleman give them a round of applause

"When I See You Smile"

Edited by Carolina Clay

Yep, he sounds great...

Now music to WW...alrighty then...not my favorite part of the concert, but hey---takes all kinds, right? If he's happy, I can deal...

He's calling attention to the San Deigo Symphony...."I watch a lot of tv...ask my mom...if she's still here." Now he's telling how he used to watch tv a lot at home...

Okay...the audience guffawed...wish I knew what he was saying. Oh, big belly laugh...I LOVE his belly laugh! :lilredani:

Telling a story about growing up, watching TV on this big entertainment center. His parents could see from the street if he had the TV on or not. So he started keeping the door of the entertainment center out a bit so they couldn't see.

Talking about how TV shows don't have theme songs anymore. Singing the Gilligan's Island theme.

Starting now with the AI audition story. "Didn't want to give everything away...."

Talking about his AI audition...planned to sing Always and Forever and he walked up to the microphone and "My brain just farted."

Now singing Perfect Strangers....I'd have loved to see the reactions of the producers hearing this dorky-looking two strapper belting out this song...what a hoot!

This is from Momof3boys:

JAPAN girls update... two won prizes at the pre party..now how will they get that big gift basket home

They met Faye, I guess she said something about telling her son about them

The girls gifted Faye with a Japanese outfit that she said she will wear tonight (I hope I heard that correct)

Faye showed up just for the end of the pre party (last five or so minutes)

The donation to Symphony Meet had confusion due to not approving with Clay camp so it will be short and sweet I guess.. (all this news is not 100% sure I got the jest of it, some details may be off a bit due to a hard time hearing the news.

Another good belly laugh from him..."if I had my way, I'd have a big screen TV up here right now."

Ooooh, now he's snarking on the fans who are like "why is he doing this TV stuff?" Heh.

It's cheesy, sure....but damn it if he's not right, these things stick in my head. I find myself singing these things when I wake up in the morning.

This part was funny about watching too much TV:

TV Themes...West Wing...He watches a lot of tv. Ask his mom...if she's still there. He used to get grounded from tv when he was young. When Mom and Dad were driving home from work they could tell if he'd been watching tv so he learned to pull out the door on the side of the tv so they couldn't see. They got smart--got out of the car down the street and walked home to catch them.

I did watach way to much tv as a kid.. and I liked it alot..back when I was growing up there were so many tv shows..dear john you were the only person I know who watched it..

talking about ai.. got cut.. went back...to altanta..everyone singing on the street.. i wouldn't show my cards.. had several songs in my head.. singing..tttlm..i swear I couldn't remember what to sing.. quiana ..sang SSB.. thats what came out. .same thing happened to me.. but my brain just farted.. this is just what happened.. hi I am clay aiken..

I played this for my husband the other night, and the Welcome Back Kotter theme was the one that picked up my husband's ears!

Love that theme.

Jeffersons now. Will he rip off a jacket? Is he wearing a jacket?!?!?!?

Very extended break here. "I feel the spirit! Weezy!!!!"