Morristown, NJ -- Dec. 13, 2007

ldyjocelyn

The Community Theater at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts

Presale through the fanclub is Tuesday, August 14, 9:00 a.m. EDT.

Tickets on sale to members/subscribers is Monday, August 13; general sales are August 15.

Also, according to the fan club email that alerted to me, the tour will be "Christmas in the Heartland."

More information about Clay's show

Clay Aiken CHRISTMAS

WITH THE CHELSEA SYMPHONY

Thursday, December 13, 2007

$55-95

As the runner-up to Fox TV's second American Idol: The Search for a Superstar competition, vocalist Clay Aiken wowed television audiences in 2003 with his Southern charm, sweet demeanor, and bright, glorious voice, and became a pop star. Originally, Aiken planned to try out for the reality TV series The American Race, but went ahead and auditioned for the talent contest to please an encouraging friend. Out of 7,000 hopefuls, the Charlotte, NC, native won the hearts of the judges as well as millions of fans across the globe.

Aiken studied special education instead and had dreams of attending William & Mary for a master's degree in administration. Before he could further his education, Aiken ended up wooing 21 million television viewers each week from February to May with his sensational singing voice. His rendition of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" sewed him a spot among America's hearts. Although he finished second to Ruben Studdard, Aiken's loss was not taken lightly. He landed a deal with RCA through Simon Fuller's 19 Recordings Limited within weeks of the show's finale.

That same month, Aiken's debut single, "This Is the Night," made history by going number one on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. It sold more than 392,000 copies during its first week, beating Elton John's record for "Candle in the Wind 1997." In October 2003, Aiken issued his studio full-length, The Measure of a Man. Once again, the little guy with the big voice made a big splash. The Measure of a Man sold 613,000 copies and went to number one on Billboard's Top 200 during its first week of release. His first holiday effort, Merry Christmas with Love, followed in November 2004. The album debuted at number one on Billboard's Top Holiday Albums chart, giving Merry Christmas with Love the biggest debut week sales figures for a Christmas album in SoundScan history. Aiken released A Thousand Different Ways in September 2006.

http://www.clayaiken.com/

Online tickets

Seating charts

Venue capacity is 1270.

I'll be there. I have learned not to offer to organize a dinner though, few people care, even if I do have inside information on tthe town (my sist4r-in-law grew up there and lives there now with my brother and arranges things for her company.

oooh, oooh. She was away when the theater came up, but I must ask her if she can get complementary company tickets to this theater, since the company is in the town as well!

I HAVE AN EXTRA TICKET TO MORRISTOWN. IT IS ORCHESTRA RIGHT ROW S. ANYONE INTERESTED I CAN EITHER SELL THIS TICKET OR TRADE IT FOR FREE FOR A NEW BRUNSWICK TICKET. THE PRICE IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE IT IS 75 DOLLARS. I PAID 100 DOLLARS BUT I DISCOUNTED IT FOR ANYONE . IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME ON HERE OR EMAIL ME AT ANGELBABE4LIFE0@OPTONLINE.NET. THANKS. GINA

If anyone is interested, I have a restuarant here that is american cuisine with a carribean flair and is innexpensive. it has both vegetarian and low calorie dishes along with the usual stuff. If you go to the link you can see the menu.

Let me know if you are interested and I will make reservations. This restaurant has a party room, but I doubt we will have 50 people. There is parking there, but we should park on the street so we don't have to move our cars.

CH cellcerter says that the venue is about 80% full, even the balconies, and there are probably people who either haven't arrived yet or have decided not to come because of the weather.

Yesterday she was impressed with the percentage of men in the audience, thinks it was higher than normal. Not quite so many tonight.

Last night she was sitting next to a couple in their 30s and the man was the big fan. The lady thought it was really good, the guy said it was "great, just great!"

Last night's m&g report - friendly, talked about scalpers, can they get that money for BAF, he said it was illegal so can't do it. A little bit apprehensive about Spamalot, he won't be in control like he is with his own shows. Overall very positive.

Hee, cindilu2 - JINX!

Wow, this cellcert is pretty darn clear -- I can even understand it while also watching Survivor. Heh.

atinal, I curse you for reminding me of last year's weather debacle. :cry4:

cindilu, yes I posted the CU link for the ad. It's great!

Hey, jmh!

that sounded like a new story (to me anyway!) about a box of Crayola's?

Eeee -cover your eyes everybody, I'm gonna make out with Jazzy medley. *g*

a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walkin' in a winnerwonderland

I love Angie singing this song - a sweet, subtle performance. I heard Mariah Carey sing I Miss You Most at Christmastime (Angie's song from JNT05) today on the radio. Angie puts her to shame!

And it's a lovely 'segway' into WTOW.

*le sigh*

In case anyone is interested...they have the "snuggle up with Clay Aiken" blanket available in the online store at the OFC...also check under Accessories...you can get a bucket hat!

Kim