Merrillville, IN -- December 22, 2007

luckiest1

Come on, couchie, you know you wanna......

I will be attending with crimsonice, disneykid and cindilu2. I know ldyjocelyn and hubby will be there (because I am holding their tickets hostage, heh). Who else? Where's everyone staying? It would be great if we could get together for dinner beforehand. crimsonice and disneykid both vote for Smokey Bones again, because they say that it has the best ribs they've ever eaten (and it's right across from the venue).

Come on, couchie, you know you wanna......

I will be attending with crimsonice, disneykid and cindilu2. I know ldyjocelyn and hubby will be there (because I am holding their tickets hostage, heh). Who else? Where's everyone staying? It would be great if we could get together for dinner beforehand. crimsonice and disneykid both vote for Smokey Bones again, because they say that it has the best ribs they've ever eaten (and it's right across from the venue).

Hi! I don't post to often on FCA but do lurk a bit. I will be in Merrillville as well as Waukegan and both Minneapolis shows! Hubby will be with me for the Waukegan & MN shows but staying home to care for our cats duirng the Merrillville one. So, I and three of my Clay fan friends will be driving down from Madison WI and also will be meeting up with 2 fans from Dayton OH and 1 from Fairfield IA! We are all staying at the Radisson Star Plaza Hotel. We are actually signed up to eat there at 5 p.m. prior to the concert.

Would love to meet some of you from FCA. The three riding down with me and I will be arriving at the hotel around 11 a.m.

Since I am having withdrawls already now that the summer tour is over, I am really glad he is doing a Christmas tour again and that I will be able to go to four shows!

Edited: P.S. Is ldyjocelyn the one who captured the great video of ISY at the Nutter Center in Dayton OH during the Solo Tour? I was there with hubby who had on the shirt Clay read (My wife did not drag me here, I actually like Clay Aken.)

Edited by nicki503

Edited: P.S. Is ldyjocelyn the one who captured the great video of ISY at the Nutter Center in Dayton OH during the Solo Tour? I was there with hubby who had on the shirt Clay read (My wife did not drag me here, I actually like Clay Aken.)

Yes she is! :RedGuy:

I believe there are still tickets available at the venue's site...no worse than what I got when they went on sale, from the sounds of it. Check it out! I think we have row O or P.

Hi lu/ickiest! I'll be here as well. C'mon couchie!

One stop information for this show...

Venue: Star Plaza Theatre with more information about Clay's show here.

Celebrate the holidays with CLAY AIKEN. Multi platinum recording artist CLAY AIKEN emerged from his 2003 American Idol experience with a recording contract, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly magazine covers, and legions of loyal fans. Those fans voted him the Fan’s Choice winner at the 2003 American Music Awards as well as TV Guide’s Fan’s Favorite Reality Star that same year. His first single, “This is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water” then won the Billboard Music Award for best selling single of 2003…and that was just the beginning. CLAY then hit the charts with the popular single “Invisible,” off his debut CD Measure of a Man, followed that up with his first Christmas CD - Merry Christmas with Love, and the book Learning to Sing: Hearing The Music In Your Life. His latest CD, A Thousand Different Ways. Don’t miss the holiday show of the season!

Online tickets through Ticketmaster

MAIN FLOOR SEATING

US $45.00 - US $55.00

CELEBRITY CIRCLE SEATING

US $55.00

MEZZANINE SEATING

US $45.00

Star Plaza Seating Chart

Ticketmaster Seating Chart

Venue capacity is 3400.

I will be at Merrillville...coming with 3 friends from CV...hope to see you all there!

Kim

Kim....luckiest...I will be there too, flying in from Minneapolis the night before. Staying with a friend, but looking forward to seeing everyone there!

It should be a great show, being the last of the tour. I've always wanted to go the last show of a tour and now I am! Can't wait to meet you!

Kim

Woohoo!!!! couchie's coming to Merrillville!!! I'm gonna see couchie again! And she can meet my hubby!!!!!

Oh yeah, and she'll be seeing that Clay guy too!

If I hear of anything, I'll keep you in mind couchie. I'm planning on trying to do upgrade tango for this show....

I totally missed the boat on this one due to other commitments unrelenting. But this venue has become my sweetest tradition and I just really, really wanna to go.

However, I'm not really a total mercy case here because this is what I have to offer in return: Two THIRD ROW SEATS just slightly right of center at the Miller Auditorium in Kalamazoo on his birthday 11/30... in trade for something somewhat comparable in Merrilville. Original costs could be taken into consideration of course. My K'zoo ones were approximately $62 each... since they were part of a "membership." *g*

I'm not interested in selling them (already had 15 offers) or (God forbid) making any sort of a profit on them. Just interested in trading.

We're nothing if not resourceful sometimes .. eh?

Please email me at jnut23@comcast.net if interested.

I know it's kinda hard for us to have parties because so many people belong to different boards but just checking to see if we want to plan a partay post concert. Nothing formal..maybe just a bar or lounge or a place to hang and unwind.

My package for this event comes with a buffet dinner before the concert (fortunately I can eat 3 hours before hee) so if anyone wants to join me just let me know...

I'm in for a preparty too. Where should we look for a place? Or does someone want to "donate" their hotel room for a party place? I could always bring tequila, orange juice, peach schapps, and sprite to make Fuzzy Treasure Trails!!! luckiest1, we went to Smokey Bones last year, right? I wonder if it closed -- I can't find them on their website anymore in Merrillville. I did discover that there is a Buffalo Wild Wings close to the theater though -- that might work.

Also, where is everyone staying? I'm tempted to splurge on this one and getting into the Radisson next door to the theater.

Yeah, I was thinking after the show party too. The reason I suggested Buffalo Wild Wings is that they usually are open until about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. I went to an afterparty after the Indiana State Fair JBT, and it was fantastically fun. But it would be nice if we could just take over a hotel room. I'm thinking that the hotel lobby at the Radison will be overtaken by many other Clay fans. Not that I want to be exclusionary, I guess, but I like a quieter/smaller afterparty in many instances.

Any other suggestions.