Idol Rewind - season 2

Couch Tomato

Not sure how accurate this is, but this was posted on the official AI boards: And I stole it from TWoP.

Season 2 Rewind Schedule

Sept. 29: N.Y. Auditions

Oct. 6: Miami/Detroit Auditions

Oct. 13: Atlanta Auditions

Oct. 20: Austin Auditions

Oct. 27: L.A. Auditions

Nov. 3: Nashville Auditions

Nov. 10: Best of the Worst

Nov. 17: Hollywood Week Pt. 1

Nov. 24: Hollywood Week Pt. 2

December -- reruns of the auditions/Hollywood episodes.

Jan. 5: Group 1

Jan. 12: Group 2

Jan. 19: Group 3

Jan. 26: Group 4

Feb. 2: Wildcard Show

Feb. 9: Top 12 to 11

Feb. 16: Top 11 to 10

Feb. 23: Top 10 to 9

Mar. 1: Top 9 to 8

Mar. 8: Top 8 to 7

Mar. 15: Top 7 to 6

Mar. 22: Top 6 to 5

Mar. 29: Top 5 to 4

Apr. 5: Top 4 to 3

Apr. 12: Top 3 to 2

Apr. 19: Final 2

Aprl. 26: Finale

I don't even want to think about it. But I think it's crazy that they are cutting so much stuff. To me the group numbers is an integral part of the season. Oh well.. I'm not even sure if I'll be watching. Do they add a bunch of never before seen stuff?

The few episodes I caught of season 1 seemed to take out more than they added. I think I saw one interview with someone I don't even remember.

The group numbers were amazing in season 2. They were not good in season 1. I wish they would leave them in this time round.

Not that I care since I have the entire AI2 on DVD so why do I need to watch AI Rewind?

Frankly...I found the AI1 rewind very confusing...maybe because they had it over the summer too but they did;t seem as organized as that episode list of AI2. Tonight I saw what seem like a where are they now show. I saw them showing Nicki talking about what she is doing...justin and then they were previewing something about Kelly. So I think this is new footage.

I don't even want to think about it. But I think it's crazy that they are cutting so much stuff. To me the group numbers is an integral part of the season. Oh well.. I'm not even sure if I'll be watching. Do they add a bunch of never before seen stuff?

Change your mind? :lol:

duck.gif

Change your mind? :lol:

duck.gif

:sport-smiley-002:

Wow, so Julia looked quite different to me. Too bad she buckled under the pressure as she did have a good voice. The weird part is that she did fine on the tour but really screwed up her big chance.

some of these people I don't remember... did they add stuff in?

ok I do hear them saying..never before seen auditions...I watched all of this stuff last year and just a few of them seemed new

Regarding Frenchie: in hindsight it's not as good as I remember. I wonder how her being on Idol would have effected and I definitely think it would have. She was a good singer - and she had a great personality. So I'm thinking KLO may have been in danger because Simon used to talk about her personality. KLO, IMO sings much better than Frenchie though. Everytime I listen to their "band of gold" I think Kim just kills on it..but she may have been overshadowed by the personality. I also wonder if Ruben would have won had Frenchie been there. I thought the judges were all enamored with her. I've always wondered how she would have done on the different genres and also if America would have tired of her personality. We'll never know but interesting to think about.

I think frenchie shouted in a pleasing way..although did she seem off key to anyone else..just slightly at the end.

I didn't watch the audition epi's after season 1 so it's all new to me... :cryingwlaughter:

That's me too, so this was an eye opener. I liked Opera Guy, although I can totally imagine him falling apart in Hollywood (which is what I'm guessing he did).

See now how come they didn't get Frenchie on the "yelling/broadway" thing...???

I think it might be because of the song. That song almost DEMANDS a Broadway kind of voice, and she did have some control to it, as compared to some of those other people.

In regards to couchie's comments -- well, I didn't see Frenchie originally, but yeah, I think she had the bigger personality compared to KLo, and I think the judges were looking at that more than the voice (maybe). I think KLo had way more control of her voice, though. And definitely -- Ruben would have probably not won. Would Clay had been in the group of 12 if Frenchie had been around? It really is a question to ponder.

Ehh. IMO it's just too easy to say Frenchie would have done well. She didn't have to actually go through it, you know? The house, the long days, the group dance numbers, the interviews etc etc etc. We never really got to see her out of her musical comfort zone so who's to say how she would have handled it.

Ehh. IMO it's just too easy to say Frenchie would have done well. She didn't have to actually go through it, you know? The house, the long days, the group dance numbers, the interviews etc etc etc. We never really got to see her out of her musical comfort zone so who's to say how she would have handled it.

yep, pretty much no way to know...I think she would have grated on the nerves after awhile..you have to get people to vote for you.

So looks like next week we'll get Carman's audition.. ..remember she came from nowhere to grab a top 12 splot. And she was freakin' yodeling during her audition. heee..but they needed more PYTs - the only explanation I can wrap my mind around.

ok I do hear them saying..never before seen auditions...I watched all of this stuff last year and just a few of them seemed new

Regarding Frenchie: in hindsight it's not as good as I remember. I wonder how her being on Idol would have effected and I definitely think it would have. She was a good singer - and she had a great personality. So I'm thinking KLO may have been in danger because Simon used to talk about her personality. KLO, IMO sings much better than Frenchie though. Everytime I listen to their "band of gold" I think Kim just kills on it..but she may have been overshadowed by the personality. I also wonder if Ruben would have won had Frenchie been there. I thought the judges were all enamored with her. I've always wondered how she would have done on the different genres and also if America would have tired of her personality. We'll never know but interesting to think about.

I think frenchie shouted in a pleasing way..although did she seem off key to anyone else..just slightly at the end.

I didn't remember some of those auditions either Couchie, Not even Frenchie's. I thought I had watched every episode of season 2. I wasn't that impressed by Frenchie. I think, Quiana, Angela, KLo and Jennifer Hudson (especially on that song) all have better voices. The judges may have just been happy to finally have someone audition that could actually sing. I'm with Jamar, in wondering why she got a pass on the "yelling broadway" sound. Moving forward to season 3, I didn't watch all of it, but it seems like Simon didn't give Jennifer Hudson any breaks on that.

If Frenchie had made it through and then proceeded to diss the "one pound blondes who sounded like dying beetles (Beatles?)" - I most certainly would not have voted for her. I am trying, and failing, to think of other singers who publicly dissed the opposition.

Tacky. And she was dissing the ones who made it through, not the bad auditions.

Sorta like Hung on Top Chef - the arrogance is off-putting.

And yeah, I know she has had to deal with issues, but it seems to me like it is a stupid thing to insult others in a community that is so closed - you never know who you will be working with next week!

Too facile for her to say or imply the only reason someone would not think she is fabulous is because of her weight or race.

If Frenchie had made it through and then proceeded to diss the "one pound blondes who sounded like dying beetles (Beatles?)" - I most certainly would not have voted for her. I am trying, and failing, to think of other singers who publicly dissed the opposition.

Heh, I thought her comment was hysterical. Different strokes.....

Yay I was so happy to get that glimpse of Quiana in the audition round. She wasn't there before. And there were a few decent singers that weren't there before either. It felt so strange, almost like a totally different show than what originally aired.

Ah Chip Days...loved him and really wish he could have gone further.

Keith is delusional..although he looks a whole lot better. I can't belive he sang for people in public for one...but that nobody ever told him he sang bad? Wow!

I've always known it but now that I've seen this idol rewind they really are going for stories. I know how Quiana sounds and she barely got a blip of screen time. And I thought that Alexis was great too and if I'm not mistaken this is the first i've ever seen of her...or at least her audition wasn't there.

Vanessa looked fantastic.

I loved hearing Clay's voice all through this thing... he's got the good alright.

Didn't Julia get in trouble for doing drugs?

Boy, they let some crap ass talent thru to Hollywood. It just confirms that they were looking for some image rather than real talent. Lucky for us Clay got thru but then how could he be denied. :hubbahubba:

Well well, on top at last. I love the top! :imgtongue::clap:

Didn't Julia get in trouble for doing drugs?

Boy, they let some crap ass talent thru to Hollywood. It just confirms that they were looking for some image rather than real talent. Lucky for us Clay got thru but then how could he be denied. :hubbahubba:

Well well, on top at last. I love the top! :imgtongue::clap:

Overall, I really think they were not getting as high a caliber of auditioners in season one and two as in the later shows. I think after the big success of season two more seasoned performers and professionals auditioned.

Watching Group 1 for the first time (I stopped watching after the Hollywood audition and didn't pick it up again until Motown night).

I thought KimberMe was a little off and very atonal. It's not bad, per se, but just not particularly outstanding. But I'm picky. Thank God she's making an attempt to decrease that freakish eyebrow space! Her mom is the scariest looking stage mom I've ever seen!

Oooo, Patrick was scared and off - the way eyes kept darting back and forth - it didn't look like it knew where to look. Nothing but the piano definitely exposes the flaws of the vocals. Didn't like the suit either. And dear lord, the father should not have gone out there. That was just weak.

JD - the "presidential blood" is annoying - hell, he's an airport shuttle drive. And if you're family has been in this country for more than a couple of generations, you've got presidential blood too. And this song is horrible. And his singing is "ewwwwwww". That's a technical term.

Well, Kimberme failed on star search, I figure her mother proably always wanted her to be Britney, probably still does. Do youknow she has some weird person at IDF who keeps posting about how she failed. This person has driven everyone one else from the forum. It is freaky and weird.

I admit I turned it on, but without Clay talking to me, I forgot and left the room to vacuum and forgot to come back asnd watch the rest. how did Trenyce do?

Watching the HD download live now - I'll let you know when I get to Trenyce...

I like JD better with more and curlier hair...he just looks older.

Trenyce's job fired since she made the top 32? That's hard. Bad song choice, for AI2 - a little too hard core soul/R&B, good choice for Trenyce as the deliberate roughness minimizes vocal flaws and there were some - you either love it or hate it, and I don't think it was familiar enough. Didn't like her outfit either - trying too hard to be casual.

Meosha - one of the pretty people - a strong Alicia Keys vibe - another one who didn't really know how to deal with the cameras - why in the hell is one hand going to a hip? This is not an attitude song. A little dull, but not bad. Simon was a little strong but she didn't really show any passion.

Bettis is seriously cute. Seriously. A little too hyper. Really weak vocals - man, dude. Much more confident on stage than the 5 previous until the judges ripped into him.

Oh, Charles. Where in the hell did you get that outfit. It helped him a LOT that he followed Bettis. Not as hyper on the stage, but moving a bit, and the best male singing so far. Excellent song choice - it's hard to do justice to Stevie Wonder. Charles is going bald!

Julia (and they brought up the KimberMe/Julia spat) - seriously chesty chick. Best song choice tonight - an uptempo song suitable for piano. Brought a little liveliness to the show - because it was deadly dull up to that point. Best vocals so far. The outfit looks horrible from the back - bra straps and lumps and bumps.