St. Louis, MO -- Nov. 27, 2007

ldyjocelyn

Clay's show is now up at the Fox Theater's website here.

Clay Aiken

Christmas In The Heartland

Evening with the Fox Theatre Orchestra

November 27, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Clay Aiken is an American pop singer who began his rise to fame on the second season of FOX TV’s American Idol in 2003. Based on album sales, Aiken has become the most successful male and the most successful second-place finisher in the show’s history. In the years following American Idol, Aiken has launched seven tours, authored a New York Times best-selling book “Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life” with Allison Glock and was the executive producer for a 2004 televised Christmas special – A Clay Aiken Christmas.

Aiken’s first solo album, Measure of a Man, was released in 2003 and debuted at #1 on the

Billboard 200 and was the highest-selling debut for a solo artist in 10 years. He released Merry

Christmas with Love in 2004, which debuted at #4 on the Billboard 200 and tied Céline Dion’s

record for the highest debut by a holiday album in the history of Billboard magazine. September of 2006 brought the release of Aiken’s third album A Thousand Different Ways which debuted at #2 on the Billboard chart – making Aiken the fourth artist ever to have his first three albums debut in the Top 5 and scan over 200,000 in the first week.

Everyone must have a ticket, regardless of age.

Tickets are $60 and $45 dollars.

The OFC presale begins Wednesday, October 17 at 10:00 a.m. CDT. Sales for the general public begin Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 a.m. CDT.

Information from abbeynormal at the CH regarding hotel and pre-party information:

Pre-Party will be Multi-boardal, to be held at the Hard Rock Cafe (site of several rockin' Clay Aiken preparties!). Here is their website with address. Ordering will be off their group menu at a price of $16 per person (covers food, soft drinks, tax, tip and gratuity).

For hotel, try Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown.

This is the closest, nice, reasonable place to the Fox.

If you want in on this group rate, call Nora Mullenix at 314-450-3407 and tell her you are with the "Aiken Clackhouse" group. This is a new Residence Inn. Options are:

--studio suite--one bed ($99)

--one bedroom suite ($119)

--two bedroom suite (2 bath) ($159)

All have full kitchens, sleeper sofa in living room, maximum 5 persons to a room. Free (full) breakfast, free drink and food at happy hour, comp parking, free shuttle to and from the Metrolink (train) station (right at the HardRock), which will also take you directly to and from the airport. Can either drive or cab to the Fox (10 minute ride).

We can hang out in lobby for a post party--the bar and bartender will be available as long as there's a demand.

Please post here or PM me when you make your reservation and what kind of room, so we can track numbers and adjust the agreement, if necessary. Also if you're coming to the Hard Rock.

Clarification of cancellation policy: can cancel without penalty up to 4pm the day of arrival. Cancellation after 4 or failure to show gets charged the full amount.

If you're not a member of the CH and want to let abbey know that you're using this deal, PM me here and I'll let her know.

Menu information on the preparty at the Hard Rock, via abbeynormal:

Pre-party starts at the Union Station Hard Rock Cafe at 4:30. We will order off this special group menu and pay individually. Please check out the menu before the party, so we can all order by 5:00 and be out of there by 6:30-6:45.

Here's the menu:

$16 per person

NOTE: this includes, non-alcoholic beverage, tax AND gratuity

Choice of entree:

Hard Rock Cheeseburger or Bacon Cheeseburger (this can be tweaked to have no cheese etc) -served with seasoned fries & your choice of Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle

Cajun Chicken Sandwich ( they could change this to be an herbed chicken or whatever since many don't like that level of spiciness.) served with seasoned fries & L,T,O,P

Veggie Burger -served w/ a side salad

Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich -served w/ coleslaw, ranch beans and seasoned fries-

Classic Hard Rock Cafe Caesar Salad (large entree size)

Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookie

Choice of Beverage: Coffee, Tea, or Soft Drink

Alcoholic Drinks paid for individually as ordered

We can carpool or cab (about 10 minutes) to the Fox. Fox doors open at 7:00--show is at 8.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING TO THE PRE-PARTY--I NEED TO TRACK THE NUMBERS SO THEY KNOW WHERE TO PUT US.

You can also PM me, ldyjocelyn, here at FCA and I will contact abbeynormal.

Here is the meet & greet recap from CV:

Clayperfect just called. The meet and greet is over and she is on cloud nine! That Aiken fog I guess. She's having a hard time remembering everything right now but here are a few tidbits.

He was wearing gray sweat pants, a gray Nebraska sweatshirt and gray tennis shoes. Hair parted on the side.

She said he was very, very happy.

A couple of them told Jerome they couldn't think of any questions and he said to think of some and Clay would stay longer - get him talking and he'll talk and talk.

He said this is his favorite tour of all. He loves it and he's not changing it. He figured out he can't please everybody so he has to do what's right for himself. That's not to say that he may not tweak the show somewhere down the line but he's very happy with it.

His lack of skating skills during the filming of the Christmas skating show was an act. He had to act like he couldn't skate for the cameras (we kindof knew that).

The whole time he's signing things he's talking a mile a minute.

One girls snarkily asked him why he was dressing "like that"? He replied snarkily, "Excuse me!" She said it's Christmas, you should be dressed up and he replied he didn't get dressed up until he had to. Clayperfect said they were cute going back and forth - all in good fun.

They had their pics made in front of a Christmas tree.

Do ya'll know who Moanica is? Well, Clayperfect took her little stuffed giraffe and asked Clay to hold Moanica for their picture. He said, "Oh yea, I know Moanica." She wrapped both arms around him and said he's not skinny and he's not fat - he's just right.

The whole thing lasted about 25 minutes.

The last thing she said was, "He's a hunk!"

After she comes down from her high she'll probably remember more. She did say there were no questions about the album or Spamalot.

From Cellstream:

Clayperfect talking--their passes have a picture of a little boy but Jerome said he would lose his job if he explained.

Jerome said the more Clay talked the faster he talked and the more he talked.

They were downstairs in a private screening room with a Christmas tree.

Could hear him coming. Never seen him so happy and jubilant. Just HAPPY.

Came down and introduced and plopped in chair. Gray sweatsuit, pants and sweatshirt with Nebraska in red.

He sat down and started talking about where people were from--is that Missoureee or Misourruh. Seemed really interested. I told him it makes a difference from where you're from (how you pronounce it).

He asked if anyone had questions.

One asked (joking) if they were going to have pictures taken and he said, Yeah, and she said, "dressed like that." He really laughed.

He did say that the ice skating was a fake--all for TV. He was nonstop chatter.

This tour is his absolute favorite. He loved the stories. It was a month before and someone suggested it. He doesn't care if it doesn't please everyone, said he does it to make himself happy, and he said he can't be something he wasn't.

Had Huber snowflake picture signed. A young woman woman (disabled) who lives in a group home brought a tshirt, and Clay said he really liked it. He gave her extra attention.

Lot of joking going on.

After everyone got everything signed, pictures.

She brought Moanica (little giraffe), and she asked if he would hold Moanica and he said he would.

He is not skinny, by far not fat, he is perfection.

It was wonderful.

flash didn't work (and she had her arms around him) [lucky bitch] and she had to do it again.

She'd never stood next to Clay like she did and he just towered over her. He's a lot lighter without makeup and WHAT a smile!

It was a blast. After everyone took their pictures, he said it was time to go and he shook hands with everyone--oh yes, he asked if anyone had submitted story, and she said she had and he asked what it was about and she told him and he said her story was going to be read.

He talked on and on. He asked how people liked the show and she said it was the most elegant classy show she had seen and he said that was what he was hoping for.

He was just joking and laughing, and so relaxed. She wasn't a bit nervous around him. it was really, really good. They were with him about 40 minutes. Jerome was in a good mood. The girls were happy. Everyone was just UP. Place is filling up good. The balcony is filling too. They said no cameras but everyone has cameras.

It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I got the chance. He's an amazing, amazing young man.

From CV

The orchestra is playing background music now. There are people still coming in. It's only about 60% full and they are scattered everywhere at the moment.