Cleveland, OH -- Dec. 17, 2007

ldyjocelyn

EEEEEEEEEE! I can sort of hear laughn -- and I could make out her singing HYAMLC (I think)....

....for the record, she posted here back in early December on the main thread what her story was about:

But, the story I submitted was the first thing that came to my mind when I read Clay's blog. It was a story about a particular song that he has sung every year at the holidays and it had a special meaning for me. I didn't write the story with the idea that he would be singing that song again this year, or with the idea that the song would get me special attention, I just wanted Clay to know that when I hear that song, his version or anyone's, that I am moved. I know someone a few pages back mentioned writing stories with the idea of getting picked for certain songs or moods...I think I wanted him to understand that sometimes music can invoke powerful feelings, like looking at old photographs or smelling a familiar smell. I know he probably knew that already, but I just felt the need to tell him in my own words.

I wondered what song it was, now we know. Can't wait for the clack.

Hee. Me too!

Reporter was talking about the first story I think. The reader had a cold and was taking cold medicine and felt better and went to the mall (and bought toys? not sure) and on the way home she heard a siren but couldn't see it but kept hearing the siren and eventually pulled over and the siren stopped. So she continued on and still heard the siren. Turned out to be a toy in her car... hehe. Not sure if I got that right but that was the jist of it!

FROM THE CB:

Talking about the 1st story. She was sick with a cold and had taken a day off work to rest. She took medicine and felt better so decided to spend the second half of her day trying to do some shopping. The weather was bad outside and it was very cold. She got bundled up and went out. She did her shopping and got very tried very fast. She finally decided to get on home. Because the traffic was bad due to the weather she drove really slow. She made several comments here and there talked about how she's one of those slow careful drivers that many would communicate with either by sigh language or otherwise......as she drove she kept hearing sirens and would make a stop....she did those several times....at her final time she swirved and ended up driving into a beautifully decorated front yard. There were people home at the time and they came out to check on her. It was then discovered the sirens were coming from a toy she had bought that was inside her car!

Glassess, short coat, more forehead showing but still bangs - Alice thinks he has a Clayton feel tonight.

Alice described the reader 1's story - very cute. Then she said something about Clay looking at Qiana and smiling widely. Cute too. Second story. sweet. good response. Alice says that this show is totally Clay - his vision, his love, - my parphrasing. Some bangie bits on the forehead.

FROM CH CERT:

Certer thinks the lighting is weird... supposed to be snowflakes but looked more like pockmarks. Then there were little pink diaphrams all over the stage behind him... she is comparing the lighting shapes to all different "off the wall" shapes.

His hair is very light strawberry blond. He is wearing glasses. His cheekbones are very prominent even from far away from the stage

Woo hoo! I actually got home and caught up before the concert ended tonight! I had to drive to Toronto to pick up my son....not only did I get snowed in here and miss going to Erie, but he got snowed in at his dad's until I could go and get him tonight. The roads are finally plowed and clear now.

So I take it no Angie again? I wonder if she'll be back for the rest of the tour? I know how hard it can be to lose someone at Christmas.

ETA: Hee, big pause before the final "we gotta give love" in DSIAFCD. Some laughter. Wonder what face he made. ;)

Quick thoughts:

Shirt coat and vest, hair parted on the left with bangs brushed to the side. Quite blonde. Glasses, of course.

Angela is expected back on the tour shortly.

We sat on the Quiana side of the auditorium, so we had a good view of her. KAndre would approve of Quiana's level of bling, I think. It was fun to watch her move and groove in the big skirt.

Before the big ending for Winter Wonderland, Clay gave Quiana a smart-ass look, like "Watch this." And Quiana gave him a look back that said "Bring it, dude", and he did.

The background special effect were kind of different tonight, like amoebas and circles and splotches and whatnot. Colorful, but not particularly Christmasy. There were a few snowflakes thrown in there.

Quiana has probably heard the "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day" speech what? About 100 times or so over the course of three years? And when Clay asked her to give it tonight, she acted like she'd never heard it before. Hee! Clay still sang "A hug is warmer when you're in it" to Angela's empty microphone stand, before turning back to Quiana.

AIW ended with the special lighting, which is really powerful to see live.

All in all, tonight was a very good show.

ETA: Hee, big pause before the final "we gotta give love" in DSIAFCD. Some laughter. Wonder what face he made. ;)

He was looking at Quiana while she held her note.

Clay still sang "A hug is warmer when you're in it" to Angela's empty microphone stand, before turning back to Quiana.

Awwwwwww! **sniff**

Ah, jeeeeez, now I'm all schmoopie.

Here's laughn's post from tonight. I take dictation - sorta. :imgtongue:

I'm home!!!!(well back at the hotel anyhow :lol) I'm still on cloud nine and all that stuff.

I just wanna say, I had the most fun ever doing the reading. I was so nervous, my leg below my knee was shaking so bad, I figured I looked like Mr. Ed counting. But they told me nobody could see it. Probably why my voice sounded calm - it was all in my leg! Then I got to stand in the wings about twenty feet away and watch Clay sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

I have lots to tell you. The meeting with the readers was fantastic. I'll recap it all tomorrow again.

Here's my story for those who couldn't hear it. Sorry, somebody dies. :P

It was just a few weeks past my tenth birthday, near the beginning of November, when my mom was sent to bed. She needed surgery, but refused to go into the hospital until after the holidays because she wanted to be with us for Christmas. With only a day or two left before Christmas morning, I realized I still needed to get her a gift. My mother usually did all the holiday shopping, so my dad, the mechanic, took me to the only place he knew to shop: Western Auto. Funny, the things you remember. I can still picture myself standing in that store surround by chrome and lights. Who would have guessed that among all the tires and tools would be a shelf of fruitcakes and candy? I picked out a pretty dish of nuts.

Sadly, there wouldn’t be the happy ending that everyone wishes for the holidays. The ambulance came and took my mother away Christmas Eve, and she died the next afternoon on Christmas day. She never got to open that present, but I know she would have loved it. My mom loved everything about Christmas.

I still remember sitting on her bed surrounded by wrapping paper and stickers and bows. I remember rolling out cookie dough and decorating sugary Santas and reindeer with sprinkles and frosting. Mom set out her nativity early so I could rearrange the animals in their little stable daily. There was always music in our home – music and singing – but at Christmastime, everything rose to a new level. I remember walking to midnight mass as the sounds of the choir filled the air. My mother would sing every song, sometimes in English, but just as often in Latin or Italian with my aunt. One of her favorite songs was “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.”

through the years

we all will be together

if the fates allow

As I grew older, the words took on new meaning, but as a child, it was just her song.

As the years passed, I realized my father and brother could never celebrate after that year. It was a hollow, dreaded season for them, and it began as soon as the first leaves browned and fell to the ground. For a while, I thought maybe there was something wrong with me; maybe there was something wrong with the fact that I still loved this holiday so, something wrong in my joy. I thought maybe I was a bad daughter. But then I realized that we each take our own path in life, and I had gone a different way. I chose not to look at the sadness of that day, but to celebrate the joy and the love I remembered. I chose to embrace the holidays as my mother had. I chose to embrace her.

This year I will bake cookies with my family as I do every year, and I will use the same cookie cutters I used with my mom. I will lick colored sugar off my fingers. I will let my granddaughter rearrange the animals in the same cardboard stable I played with a lifetime ago, and if the paint gets chipped, it will just blend in with the marks I put there myself. When holiday songs are played, I will sing along – off key, but I will sing until my husband turns off the radio to give his poor ears a rest. And while the version will be newer, I will still play “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” as I decorate my tree with the same funny looking paper ornaments my mother helped me glitter.

My house and my heart will be filled with love once again. Once again, it will be filled with my mom.

.....Did I mention he looked beautiful?

ETA: And yes, I sang in front of CLAY FREAKIN" AIKEN!! It was YSRN's fault.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. You have made me schmoopie. I was fascinated by what I could hear on the cellcert not knowing it was you (was out until intermission and wasn't caught up), and it's 10 times better now that I can understand all the words. I love what you say about the joy. I can really relate to this part, when it comes to death:

For a while, I thought maybe there was something wrong with me; maybe there was something wrong with the fact that I still loved this holiday so, something wrong in my joy. I thought maybe I was a bad daughter. But then I realized that we each take our own path in life, and I had gone a different way. I chose not to look at the sadness of that day, but to celebrate the joy and the love I remembered.

I'm on top :imgtongue:

WOW!!!!

That was a sad but beautiful story....I love your message, that it is up to us to make what we want with this holiday. I am glad you chose to celebrate your mother instead of mourning her at this time.

and EEEEEEEEEEEEEe you sang for CLAY