Spam pins

cindilu2

Thank you ALL for the feedback (and nice compliments!!!!) on the pin design process. You definitely helped make a better pin!!!! bighug.gif

It seems like A and D were by far the most popular choices, and so we now have proofs back for them. 'A' - will be in the Smooth Enamel process, as they weren't able to replicate it in the Cloisonne process. (You don't even want to see the proof for that!yow.gif) I am pleased with how they turned out! Couchie will be putting up an order form in the next day or two. Hopefully there will be enough demand that we can order both!

A (click)

th_PROOF-3.jpg

B (click)

th_PROOF-1-1.jpg

Thank you Couchie, for letting me run with this! MUAHHHH.

Love B

Love the crest ©... can the words read FCA on bottom, then Doing instead of Finding and then, maybe, Sir Clobin?

I'm going to wait for a few suggestion before I change anything, liney (my hand is sore!!)

But, it's only gonna say Sir Clobin if somebody else makes one. :cryingwlaughter: (Sorry, I hatesss strongly dislike the 'Clanguage'.)

Great pins, cindilu2!

One thing about the first one - which I love - but I dont' understand the bolded BROAD w narrow way.

Having left LBFCA for - well - reason - it just feels like it could be interpreted as relating to the broads.

But that may just be me.

I also love the Sir Robin. And I'm with you on Clobin. Just no.

A and C = my favs.

:)

Great pins, cindilu2!

One thing about the first one - which I love - but I dont' understand the bolded BROAD w narrow way.

Having left LBFCA for - well - reason - it just feels like it could be interpreted as relating to the broads.

But that may just be me.

I also love the Sir Robin. And I'm with you on Clobin. Just no.

A and C = my favs.

:)

I was trying to replicate the Spamalot Playbill on the webpage - the word SPAMalot is like that - big letters for spam, skinny for alot, lol.

http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/media.php

Cindilu, you are very talented.

I LOVE 'A' because it is so Monty Python, but I agree about the emphasis on the BROAD part. I admit, I never would have thought about the association with LBFCA, but now that its been brought up, I can't stop thinking about it.

I really like 'C' too, but I wish there was an FCA someplace - or maybe FCA could become FSR or something like that?

If I could only chose one, it would be 'A', but as we know from the CITH pins, we could take orders for more than one.

Only thing I miss from them is this little guy. :lilredani: Anyway to work him into one of them?? Maybe the 'O' in Doing on 'A' could be the tomato, for example?

Hope it's okay to take the liberty to start a thread!

I whipped up a few designs today - they are preliminary, and any and all suggestions are welcome!

This one might be a little 'on-the-nose', but it's colorful (and lovingly ripped off from the website *g*)

A

FCASPAM1.png

Aa

FCASPAM1a.png

Marquee's are tough to do so small...

B

FCASPAM2.png

And this one...

C

fcaspam3.png

Cc

fcaspam3a.png

I made them based on a 1.5" x 1" template (size of the DCAT pins) cuz the CITH pins seemed a little small?

I agree on the NOT Clobin - it isn't a name that lends itself to the CLanguage!

I like the Marquis one but can it say "Finding" at the top in red and "Clay on Broadway" on the white part?

Actually I'd like the "on the nose" one to say "finding" instead of "doing" - it just seems a bit more apropos. (I like the cute little tomato in the O tho!)

Just my 2¢...

Nice work cindi. I really love "B" using the marquee, the most. However I love the blue, red, colors of Spamalot. Are you open to trying to incorporate a blue background in "B" with some more red and yellow lettering, or is that possible? It may not look good with the marquee design, but I was just curious. I know you said the marquee is hard to do. They are all great. Thanks for your efforts.

ETA: I also like Aa.

Love the pins Cindilu.

Yep, despite the absense of purple I immediately thought of the broads when I saw the original A. I also prefer Aa.

A couple of things to remember... due to the lateness in the day, there's no way a pin will be ready before opening night.

So right now I figure.. maybe by 2nd or 3rd, figure out what we want. It looks like a race between some variation of A and C BUT we'll see where we stand in a few days and give people time to chime in. I don't mind doing two pins if we can meet the minimum order. We did fine with the CITH pins. They usually turn around a mock up of the pin in a few hours. If we approve we can take orders and I'll order around the 15th or so. It takes 10 days to get to me and then I can turn them around in a few days...so probably early February you'd have your pin.

Thanks everybody. I am really happy that you're liking them, and I appreciate the suggestions! I edited these into the first post, but I'll post them here too.

Aa

FCASPAM1a.png

Cc

fcaspam3a.png

Oh! Great job, Cindilu! I'm really liking Aa & Cc.

I am LOVNG Aa and also Cc.

If I were forced to choose one it would be AA because I love the colors and because it is so Monty Pythonesque and because I just love the little FCA tomato for the 'O'. That's sort of become an unofficial FCA symbol. I also like it better because it mentions Clay specifically. And because it would truly be the third in a continuing series of FCA "Doing Clay" pins. I mean, how can there be a Clay concert/event where FCA doesn't "do" Clay?

If I had my way (what do you mean it isn't all about ME?????), I would have one of Aa and one of Cc.