Spamalot Chat and Discussions (spoilers within)

Ansamcw

My sweet sweetie, merrieeee, just called me from Sardi's...I asked what was for dinner and she says she's having the smoked salmon...heh. Said the restaurant is packed with Clay fans. She recognizes a lot of faces and she named off some names. Everyone is very excited and all agree he was "wonderful". She thought she might have been a little too giddy during the cellcert, but I assured her that people seemed to be making positive comments about it and that her high opinion of Clay's British accent was carrying a lot of weight.

I asked about the tunic flipping comment someone made...She said it was at the piano, you know how in the cartoons the character flips up his tux coat tails to sit at the piano? That's what he did, only it was his tunic and he didn't just flip it up a little bit, he flipped it high enough to show his whole rear. Lol I can just imagine. heh She said the look on his face at the end was like a proud "Yes, I did it" face. Said the crowd at the stage door was unbelievable!

Thanks, merrieee, you made my whole day, my week, and a couple of extra Sundays with that phone call...get your ribs ready for a really big hug next time I see you! Muah!

I was not at my computer during the cellcert, so I missed the whole thing, but going back and reading all the comments has me grinning and laughing. So happy. I knew he could do it! My favorite comment posted by Nanjeanne at the Clackhouse. She wrote:

Stpteach said something that meant the world to me - she said that Clay was absolutely committed to this show. He wasn't just up on stage as Clay Aiken. He was totally committed and involved in the show and with the fellow actors. I could not be more proud of what this young man has done and how truly brave, brave, brave, brave he is!

That's what I hoped he would do. I'm happy his cast mates seem to have embraced him. That thrills my heart.

Also, I'm very glad if the "movie" I made helped some of you enjoy the night more. I have had songs from Spamalot running through my head all day long and this is one earworm I don't mind having. What a night, huh? (((Group Hug)))

From CH

I'm scanning OFC. They said his southern accent slipped out a couple of times but otherwise the accent was great. Some kind of Simon reference early in the show-having to do with the Plague!

Also, at the beginning when Robin and Lance are talking, there was mention of a brother in the military.

More reports from CH:

PA Posse reported in that he was superb. A lady from Easton at the stage door talked to one of the producers and he was so excited. He had never seen such a reception and was giddy about Clay's performance.

OMG...he thought the audience were amazing???

He created that energy...does he think we just come like that naturally??? he created that...silly Clay...

OK..back to main now....

unless people want to discuss the show in detail we can all just EEEEEEEEEEEEEE and talk about clay on main.

Also, I'm very glad if the "movie" I made helped some of you enjoy the night more. I have had songs from Spamalot running through my head all day long and this is one earworm I don't mind having. What a night, huh? (((Group Hug)))

Your 'movie' absolutely did help. I hit play when the curtain went down and 'watched' along with the audience. I could almost trick myself into thinking that was really Clay and not DHP. Thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And you know, Jerome looks darn good with a goatee....

Jerome's in that picture? Heh....I only had eyes for Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

From CH

I'm scanning OFC. They said his southern accent slipped out a couple of times but otherwise the accent was great. Some kind of Simon reference early in the show-having to do with the Plague!

Also, at the beginning when Robin and Lance are talking, there was mention of a brother in the military.

Heh, I just found this thread (what view new posts button???) and had to comment on this. That comment being wtf???

LOLOL. I will fight anyone who says his southern accent slipped out. He had four distinct accents - the first guard, Robin pre-knighthood (the bring out your dead scene), Sir Robin, and Brother Maynard. All the knights we heard speak before and after their 'knighting' (Robin, Dennis and Lancelot) had different accents pre and post. There's even a joke about Sir Dennis involving it. Clay was spot on.

If there was a Simon reference, I totally missed it. I know there was one show where the Knight of Ni did a Randy/yo you dawg bit. And the 'brother in the military' is Robin saying he has a brother who's a guard. I don't know if that was new to the script or not as I haven't seen the youtubes.