American Idol

ShelleyC

OMG...this fun time of Katherine and Kellie...BARF!!! so made up

Kandre...stevie Wonder and Katherine is starting out subtle...she heard youe.

ok...she got a bit screechy there..but I still like the way she made that her own...and she really interpreted that. She is gonna give Kelly run for her money once hse starts recording...I loved that.

see if this was done in Candian Idol they would celebrate this...they love subtle and nuanced interpretations. Here in AI its all about the Star search moment. I hope the audience is smarter than these people.

Well so far I liked Melissa...I was impressed with her voice...and I thougth she performed that song well...

Lisa...is BORING...gosh can she just pick songs that are more popular or fun

Kinnik...I agree with the judges...I didn;t think the song suited her...just a bit manic to me...

Heather...ok this is the problem with doing a very popular song that is very difficult if you don;t have the vocal chops...you just sound inadequate...

Paris ...sang Wind beneath my wings...was very affected...very pitchy and boring...the judges were also hard on her...

Brenna...Last Dance...and was very bad...cheesy

Ayla...looking totally glamorous...her voice is nice on this but I don;t know what song this is...Another boring song choice/...but vocally I thought she was the best so far.

Kellie...she really picked a great song...was her vocal up to it...NAH. But of course the pimping is off the wall. BLECH

GeorgiaClay...I have seen who they want to be in the finals...*coughkelliecough*...whether her vocal will get her there...I don't know.

eta: hee...you can tell they are very aware of Carries success in coutnry...cos another coutnry song...OMG.

Mandisa.. her face looks great but hate her outfit...and she is giving it her all..but is pitchy. Lets see if the power overshadowed that with the judges.

overall...the song choices really sucked tonight.

Mandisa showed the best performance...but not liking that song

Katherine- I like her interpretation of this song

Ayla-I thoguth ehr vocals was good...but boring song

Melissa - she does have nice smokey tone...but I thought she did have very pitchy moments.

Kellie - good song choice...did the song justice...was not great but entertaining

Lisa - BOOOOORING

Paris - SO affected...girl pleas act your age

kinnick...a bit manic and her voice just does not fit country

Heather ...very tepid version of a Mariah classic

brenna...buh bye. (please)

out...heather, and brenna (might survive cos some people actually like the bitchy contestants to stay) or Kinnik she just does not stand out.

So, I have a couple of comments after watching the girls tonight. Not digging too many of the voices and the performances just weren't very compelling. And then there were the outfits, the make-up, and the hair. If you are in intense competition with another female, perhaps she is not the best person to get advice from on your look.

"No, that shirt doesn't make you look pregnant at all."

"You need some more blush."

"That frosted blue eye shadow is to die for."

"Why would you think that hat makes you look like you're bald? It's great!"

"Those knickers are really hot."

"You need more rhinestones. Let me get my Bedazzler."

Yeesh. And yes, I admit that I'm shallow and catty. <_<

I guess I am the only one who forgoed (forwent?)this show to watch TAR. It is easy to pick who will be the top six on this show. So many losers I can see leaving soon. What? I was talking about Tar, but whatever.

Edited by playbiller

Well, I shall temporarily uncurl my lip...good song choice...he's not bad but I am still missing what I would consider texture...and he's overgoing the "personal" stuff...isn't this supposed to be a sweet, quiet song?

Okay, if Taylor "whooo"s again, I am going to reach through the screen and punch him. I want so much to like the guy, because I think he's talented, but he is working my last nerve. I hope it's just because he's drunk and not that it's his normal persona.

OK...Taylor totally lost me tonight...hate the woos...vocally he is one of the better singer but he over sang that in places...he was pitchy...and althoguth I do like that song, I thoguth he was goign to get the same reception as Katherine...because it was slow, not too big a range...So totally agree with the judges.

And here in canada we call it a toque and isn;t a tobogan like a sled?

Elliot...ah, now I see what Simon is talking about. Still won;t call him the best male vocalist ever...but I now see he is a better singer than Taylor..I don;t know if I will put him over Chris...

Well, since I am meh on the crooner boys, I'm only a little less meh on Elliot. And he still makes me squint to look at him.

The lip is still prepared to curl.

Man, Ace is starting out weak - the lip curl is kicking in - OMG, who kicked him in the nutz?!?!?!?

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW Ace..you are cute but man that was painful. He was off key most of the time. I hate that nasaly way he sings. I also can;t get into this song...very boring. Oh no...his falsetto was BAD!

Ok...he is cute...but I don;t think they can pimp him to the end if he sings this bad.

OMG...the judges are really lying right now...Oh thank God Simon is really telling it like it is...WOW SO for Simon on that. Randy and Paula were the pimpers tonight...

Damn, Gedeon actually sounds good - his tone is gorgeous - but his expression and posturing is horrible - he sounds seriously old school.

For me his voice has beat out both Elliot, Ace and Taylor.