OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Greetings! Want to share your thoughts and EEEEEEEEEE's over Clay's new album, On My Way Here? Stop by here on Friday, May 9 and Saturday, May 10 for a listening party! The festivities will begin at 9:00 p.m. EDT both nights (that's 6:00 p.m. for the West Coast fans).

It works like this: at the appointed time, fire up your favorite mp3 or CD player, and play the first song, OMWH, over and over again. While listening, make your comments about the song in our special "OMWH Listening party" thread (located, well...HERE!) Each song will be played in 15 minute "bursts" -- which means that each song will probably be repeated 3 times. The schedule is as follows, with times approximate:

Friday night listening party:

1. On My Way Here -- 9:00 p.m.

2. Ashes -- 9:15 p.m.

3. Everything I Don't Need -- 9:30 p.m.

4. Something About Us -- 9:45 p.m.

5. Falling -- 10:00 p.m.

6. Where I Draw The Line -- 10:15 p.m.

7. The Real Me -- 10:30 p.m.

Saturday night listening party:

8. Weight Of The World -- 9:00 p.m.

9. As Long As We're Here -- 9:15 p.m.

10. Sacrificial Love -- 9:30 p.m.

11. Grace Of God -- 9:45 p.m.

12. Lover All Alone -- 10:00 p.m.

13. It's In Every One of Us -- 10:15 p.m.

14. Forget I Ever Knew You -- 10:30 p.m.

As party host, ldyjocelyn will keep an eye on the time and inform party goers when the next song will start.

I will lock this thread for now, and then open it up about a half hour before the party starts on May 9!

I'm ready! :dancingnana:

Clay's ready!

20080506-027-OMWHVirginCDSigning.jpg

WooT! Turns out our family outing got canceled! :laola0: :00000442: No offense, family, but after last weekend's Spamapalooza, I need to be weaned slowly from Clay overload....

therefore....

Wooot! I can play tonight after all! :nana: :me0: :club0: :09: :trink4::POP:

I've always wondered if that first verse, with the family breaking apart and yet surviving, REALLY hit home for the man.

"Faith has conquered fear...on my way here." God, I love that line.

On My way Here....

I really love the beginning of this song. It really is pretty...

I also love the first verse...the imagery is very poignant...the black and white kitchen floor.

I love the instrumentations..but I like the guitar best.

I am torned about the strings...cos at times it seems a bit heavy handed but it also adds drama and is a beautiful backdrop to clay's voice...

I love the way he sings toooooooo!

I'm still trying to catch up with all the clack from today........this working for a living (and work filters) really sucks!

I love OMWH.......played it for my 20 year old son tonight and he liked it, said he'd like to burn it to a mix CD. He prefers the slower love songs to the upbeat, for any singer or band. Yeah, he's a bit different than other kids his age......he also likes Elvis Presley music A LOT. :cryingwlaughter:

I've been loved, I've bee lied to.............I love that part, I love the way he sings it.