UNICEF "Inspirational Book"

ldyjocelyn

cha cha, my understanding is the link is not necessary, as it would be linked to UNICEF's website....see Scarlett's link on the main thread....

....and I think we were not thinking about being Clay-centric particularly?

Yes, that's right.

Mainly inspirational, just putting some hope out there.

OK!!! I just got a brainstorm...........

How about those of us who have some children around - ask them to draw some pictures of the situation in Somalia - we can show them the special (I hope I still have it)

Then we can scan the pictures and use those on the web page.

What do you think??

--

eta: I can't seem to type THE correctly - so you all might just have to get used to it!!!

that wordle thing is cool --- I just copied this off the Volunteer page.....

WHAT YOUR MONEY CAN BUY

$3 can buy a large wool blanket to protect a child from the cold during an emergency.

$17 can immunize a child against the 6 major childhood diseases.

$54 can buy 150 sachets of PlumpyNut, a ready-to-eat therapeutic spread to nourish children with acute malnutrition.

$100 can buy a kit with enough materials to test 100 children for the Hepatitis-B virus.

$500 can buy a year's supply of antiretroviral medicine for an HIV-positive child under three-years-old.

Support UNICEF's lifesaving work.

where did the 9 cents thing come from - and what are the actual facts on how much water 9 cents can provide?

I thought it was 6 cents too....

Sure, why don't we look around to see what we can find that might fit in and re-gather? Scarlett, as I mentioned, I'm off travelling tomorrow AM with limited online access, so may not be able to get back in for a while~but I'll do some researching in that time.

I was thinking - since I have a web site - maybe I'd make my own page - are you OK with that? I'm sure it wouldn't conflict. Would it?

I didn't see your post about the volunteer program - I think it's a really good idea. :)

I'm also going to gone tomorrow and most of next week. :)

I think the picture I posted was from West Point...with the lyrics to LAA, maybe?

I got kicked off IE, so am trying again.

I wonder if we could do a compare and contrast type thing to illustrate the needs that can be met....

We could use lots of stock photos without a problem, I would think.

Something along the lines of something illustrating cute kids sleeping in their bunk beds or whatever compared to the night commuter kids.

Pics of kids in a nice school room vs. kids at an Afghani outdoor classroom, with how little money it takes to buy school supplies or a school in a box.

Busy medical center with caring docs and nurses vs. how ever many doctors it was for the citizens of Somalia.

Some kind of cool watery picture vs poor water conditions with info on the TAP project and how little it costs to give one child clean water.

The kind of thing that shows that one person can make a difference with very little money.

We could put Coin Star info, in which spare change can be donated to the US Fund for UNICEF.

Any value to this? I could try to work something up as an example.

So is a title necessary, or not?

If so, how about something like...

Water Soothes the Soul

Yes, I like the feeling it invokes.

Permaswooned -- yes I think you get the picture! Definitely!!!

Kareneh -- I was hoping you'd drop by. Hugs!!!

I think the picture I posted was from West Point...with the lyrics to LAA, maybe?

I got kicked off IE, so am trying again.

I wonder if we could do a compare and contrast type thing to illustrate the needs that can be met....

We could use lots of stock photos without a problem, I would think.

Something along the lines of something illustrating cute kids sleeping in their bunk beds or whatever compared to the night commuter kids.

Pics of kids in a nice school room vs. kids at an Afghani outdoor classroom, with how little money it takes to buy school supplies or a school in a box.

Busy medical center with caring docs and nurses vs. how ever many doctors it was for the citizens of Somalia.

Some kind of cool watery picture vs poor water conditions with info on the TAP project and how little it costs to give one child clean water.

The kind of thing that shows that one person can make a difference with very little money.

We could put Coin Star info, in which spare change can be donated to the US Fund for UNICEF.

Any value to this? I could try to work something up as an example.

those are all EXCELLENT ideas!!

I think I actually have a UNICEF page.

I just don't have many contacts who would contribute.

I do think it's better to stay away from the Chicken Soup idea. I'm sure they have that copyrighted.

I'm usually fairly creative, but just too tired tonight.

Maybe Sunday I'll have more energy. Work tomorrow.

I'll be glad to help however I can.

I'm thinking we should have more variety in searchable words than Clay, though. So if someone were searching for - say - cookware - there would be a connection that would bring the site up.

I know that's a bad example.

I'm heading to bed early, guys. I've been tired all day for some reason.

Good Luck!

ETA:

I like the Our Six Cents idea.

"How can six cents save a child?" kind of a thing.

Or "here's my two six cents on Somalia"?

I'm really going to bed. My brain is mush.

I think I actually have a UNICEF page.

I just don't have many contacts who would contribute.

I do think it's better to stay away from the Chicken Soup idea. I'm sure they have that copyrighted.

I'm usually fairly creative, but just too tired tonight.

Maybe Sunday I'll have more energy. Work tomorrow.

I'll be glad to help however I can.

I'm thinking we should have more variety in searchable words than Clay, though. So if someone were searching for - say - cookware - there would be a connection that would bring the site up.

I know that's a bad example.

I'm heading to bed early, guys. I've been tired all day for some reason.

Good Luck!

Thanks Cotton -- see you again soon! Having several sites -- yours, chacha's, this one, +others would be great!!!

Shall we make this a working thread as well -- where people can post ideas, samples, concepts, designs? Or even raw pictures, quotations, thoughts, poems that others can eventually piece together into something meaningful?

I'm away too to do the 96 things I have to do these days to keep my poor old body operating...I'll keep in touch while I'm away though!

Thaanks - we'll hold the fort and I think there'll be plenty here when you get back. :F_05BL17blowkiss: