2008 BAF Gala - Oct 18

luckiest1

Just thought maybe we should all congegrate in one spot to plan any FCA related events, or for help getting tickets, etc. Anyone already bought the expensive seats? I am hoping for a lone $250 seat on July 28th at noon!

Just thought maybe we should all congegrate in one spot to plan any FCA related events, or for help getting tickets, etc. Anyone already bought the expensive seats? I am hoping for a lone $250 seat on July 28th at noon!

Good luck in getting your ticket. I had problems last year so I called my experience "The Agony and the Ecstasy". LOL. It had a happy ending. I wish the same for you (just the ecstasy, not the agony).

My mom & I were planning on going, but I don't think we're going to make it. :( Between unexpected medical expenses, trying to pay down the credit cards (egads!!) and saving to move in Nov., it's not looking likely. Unless I win the lottery! But that means I have to play the lottery....

I'll still be checking in here in case anything changes. :) Good luck to all on July 28!

That's when the individual tickets go one sale, Chardonnay.

2008 Champions of Change October 18, 2008

It is with great pleasure that The Bubel/Aiken Foundation invites you to sponsor and attend our annual “Champions of Change” Gala.

Featuring a special performance by Clay Aiken and recognition of our Champions of Change honorees. The gala will be a celebration of the inclusion of people of ALL abilities. The evening will promote awareness of the benefits of inclusion and support The Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s programs which give children with disabilities the opportunity to experience life with their typical peers.

“We hope everyone will join us for an enjoyable evening including dinner, silent and live auctions, entertainment - all in support of inclusive opportunities for all children,” said Clay Aiken.

Event Details

Champions of Change Gala

October 18, 2008 at 5pm

Join us for a formal evening recognizing our Champions of Change honorees.

Evening Activities:

•Dinner

•VIP Reception for Designated Sponsors

•Silent and Live Auctions

•Entertainment by Clay Aiken

Raleigh Marriott City Center

501 Fayetteville Street

Raleigh, North Carolina 27601

http://www.marriottraleigh.com/

To receive a special rate on your accommodations, please call 1-800-228-9290 and ask for The Bubel/Aiken Foundation special rate.

Platinum Sponsor: $25,000

Secures table for ten. Includes:

•Designation as Corporate Event Host

•Premium seating

•VIP Reception with Clay Aiken

•Individual photos with Clay

•Event Host identification in all promotional and program advertising.

Silver Sponsor: $5,000

Secures a half table for five. Includes:

•Reserved seating

•Group photo with Clay

•Excellent placement in all promotional and program advertising.

Gold Sponsor: $10,000

Secures table for ten. Includes:

•Reserved seating

•Group photo with Clay

•Excellent placement in all promotional and program advertising

Individual Sponsor: $250

•Individual admission to the evening activities

•Individual Sponsorships will only be available online.

Individual tickets will go on sale at 12pm Eastern on July 28.

I'll be trying to get a ticket on the 28th, too. Were there problems with the site crashing last year? I didn't pay any attention to the process since I wasn't planning to go. Can one person by 2 tickets.....is there a limit? Any hints from people who got them last year?

Last year was insane. There were 5 of us trying, I think, and only one managed to get tickets (the one with the NC addy, FWIW). I don't think the site crashed so much as froze in the middle of your transaction, and left you wondering if it had gone through or not. I don't remember if there was a ticket limit....anyone?

I got mine about two or three hours after the sale started, after a lot of people who had tried at the opening of the sale didn't get tickets. I think perhaps there was a software glitch, and I shouldn't have been able to get those tickets to begin with. I just checked on a whim, and was able to buy them. I'd say I was lucky, except I think this had something to do with the fact that we had the most distant possible seats at the dinner and the auction, and couldn't see a thing. The only time I saw Clay the whole night was when I had had it with this woman's pocketbook slamming me in the face over and over (she was standing next to my seat), and took a seat on the floor in disgust. I could just barely see Clay's face above the crowd then as he sang the last song. They say the venue is better this time, one room, lots of room, but at this point I don't plan on going. No money anyway.

Wow, where were you seated for the auction & performance, jmh123? It was a pretty long and narrow room, but I didn't think it was possible for there to have been a seat without a view of Clay. We lucked out, I guess, because we were seated on the centre aisle, towards the back. Great view. As for the dinner, we weren't even in the same dining room as Clay (there were 2) so no view there. LOL. But I remember a *cough*few*cough* people wandering over to the other dining room to take an inconspicuous peek. LOL. And then coming back squeeeeeing over the beard!

We were originally seated on the far left in the back behind a pillar (remember those enormous square pillars), and then moved to the back wall by the kitchen door, where there were some chairs set up. We had a good view of the video. LOL. For dinner, like you, we were in another room, and I didn't want to intrude on his space at the dinner. I wish I had been :naughtywag: and stood in the coffee line.

Another July 28'er checking in! I was able to get one ticket last year, but needed two, and finally was able to find someone who sold me one more, so all was well. Sorry to hear your seats were crappy, jmh, ours were great...but we were in with the plebes sitting in the third dining room. And I didn't go peek either; wish now that I had.

I see they are talking about planning a morning get-together for volunteers...that sounds great too! Hope it comes to be.

I hope those in the ticket hunt will post here with updates of whether they were successful, how they were successful, etc. :) Wouldn't it be great if we had extras to post too? My rose coloured glasses are firmly in place for today!

ETA this from the website:

Champions of Change Gala 2008

Frequently Asked Questions

How will I know that my ticket order went through?

You will receive an email from merchandise@bubelaiken.org confirming your order. It will say donation and not gala ticket due to the Foundation's processing system.

When will individual tickets go on sale?

Individual tickets will go on sale online at 12pm Eastern on Monday, July 28.

How can I purchase an individual ticket?

Individual tickets will be available online on the Gala ticket registration page.

Does the individual ticket include all of the events?

Yes, it is important to the Foundation that everyone who comes participates in all of the night’s events.

I have a friend or friends whom I would like to sit with. Is this possible?

You may either have one person buy all of the tickets at one time or send a request to the Foundation. We will do our best to honor seating requests.

What is the difference between a Gold and Silver sponsorship?

Simply the number of people in a group. Silver sponsors will sit with another group of Silver sponsors. The group photo for Silver groups will include two silver groups.

Will there be more seats available at this year’s venue?

Yes. The Marriott ballroom that will host the event is bigger. Also, everything will be in one room.

How will seating be determined?

Level of sponsorship and date and time of purchase will determine the order of seats.

I think this is the most nervous I have been before a ticket sale. I broke the news this morning to my husband that I had hopes of returning to the US in October for this gala and I didn't get any WTF? looks so that's a plus. Maybe this will turn out to be a good day all 'round. I'll be checking in to see how it's going and think of me in case something funky happens to my mother's neighbor's wireless router over the next little while. :D <<<------ That's me trying to be positive.

Another July 28'er checking in! I was able to get one ticket last year, but needed two, and finally was able to find someone who sold me one more, so all was well. Sorry to hear your seats were crappy, jmh, ours were great...but we were in with the plebes sitting in the third dining room. And I didn't go peek either; wish now that I had.

I see they are talking about planning a morning get-together for volunteers...that sounds great too! Hope it comes to be.

That's me!

I didn't go get a cup of coffee either! :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you, Luckiest!!!

Now, I guess I need to get on the finding a room, etc, huh? I didn't try for a room when the Marriott stuff was first posted. I wanted to wait to see if I got a ticket first.

And - yes! It's nice to have something to look forward to!

As the confirmation emails continue to trickle in, it looks as if we're gonna be ok. I plan to stay with a friend in Cary, but I hope we can plan some sort of an FCA gathering either Saturday before the gala or Sunday after. I haven't booked my flights yet, but I think we're going to fly in Thursday and out again on Monday.

Well, looks as if we have our table all set. Room for one more if anyone is interested in sitting with us (and has a ticket already).

So far we have me, cindilu2, friend of cindilu2, couchie, Scarlett, Perusing One, Cotton, Claymatron, and smartcookie (from CH).