SPAMALOT Rewind

annabear

Let's start planning again! EEEEEEEEEE!!!

:party038:

I haven't purchased any tickets yet, but a friend & I are looking at the end of October. Either 10/24-10/26 or 10/31-11/2. We're now hoping to make closing weekend!

Well, I may have lost my mind, but I've bought some tickets for the Thurs - Sat on Dec 11 - 13. Now, I really, really, really need some recommendations of cheap places to stay. They don't have to be right downtown in Manhattan, I don't mind a subway ride to and from.

Luckiest, I flew into Newark and took the bus into NYC. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot/Elizabeth which is right near the airport. They have shuttle buses to & from the airport. The folks I went with opted to take a bus into NY but there is a train from the airport into the city too. I know there is a Hilton at the airport but I don't know its cost. I also opted for a room by myself and it was $204 (if I remember correctly). It was a very nice room.

Thanks, Nicki. I think we will be flying into JFK because we have a voucher to use for Jet Blue, and it only services JFK.

You answered so quickly that I didn't get a chance to edit. I accidentally quoted anabear before - LOL!

OK so I booked a B&C (bed & coffee) in Manhattan. I have tickets for Thurs Dec 11, Fri Dec 12, and the matinee on Sat Dec 13. Now I just need to figure out which kid I'm taking and get some flights booked! LOL I've always wanted to see NYC at Christmastime. Let's just hope the weather cooperates. ;)

Thanks, but CRAP! Nothing available for my possible dates. Back to Good Search....

I grabbed the last room on my dates. This place seems to book up FAR in advance. Although I guess anywhere in NYC in December is going to be busy.

On their reservation graph, be aware that the green rooms are available, the grey rooms are booked. I got it mixed up at first!

ETA: Bringing this link over from the old Spam thread, because it looks good, too. I now have 2 reservations. Heh heh.

http://www.panamhotelnewyork.com/

Here goes:

In NYC October 14-20.

Got Spamalot tickets for October 15-20 (7 shows) and got tickets in first 3 rows for all shows. The ticket person tried to put me in row 10 for one show, but when I asked about tickets in the side sections, there were seats available in B 101-103, and those are GREAT seats, so keep the sides in mind if you can't get tickets close. Fortunately, if you buy early, you should do well.

Hotel: Hotel Newton ($252/night and $300 on Saturday and Sunday). This is the room with 2 beds. Others are cheaper. The reviews looked pretty good and TripAdvisor lists it as #78 out of 350 NYC hotels. Most reviews said it was clean. Bus stops right outside and subway station is a few yards from hotel. The hotel is at 95th and Broadway in the upper West side. I reserved through Cheaphotels.com, but had to pay in advance to get a cheap rate--but I can cancel if nec for $25.

Wow, wanda, that's awesome!

I'm bringing my son again, so everything is double for me (ugh). Hee, but no Christmas presents for him this year, wheeeeee! We will be seeing 3 shows (my tickets aren't as good as yours, but they are good). I like to sit in different places to have different vantage points. I'm hoping this time to see some more NYC stuff like maybe the Empire State Building, etc. What is good to see in December? Last time our big venture was the boat trip to the Statue of Liberty.

We stayed at The Paramount last time, which was close and fairly nice. It's only a couple blocks from the theatre and I had gotten a great internet deal. The prices aren't so good this time and I'm thinking of The Hotel at Times Square. Has anyone stayed there?

1/3 and 1/4 for me.

Just bringing this over from the main thread:

I seriously think you all should take over the West Side YMCA. My eldest stayed there last summer/fall, $75 a night, private room with a bath and a view of Central Park out her window. She said the cafeteria downstairs was good enough and resonable. The Y was clean and safe. It is several blocks from the Shubert.

West Side Y

West Side Y- a few reviews

I'll start our first 'representing' list tonight when I get home. Too many interruptions here at work for such important info. :)

Here goes:

In NYC October 14-20.

Got Spamalot tickets for October 15-20 (7 shows) and got tickets in first 3 rows for all shows. The ticket person tried to put me in row 10 for one show, but when I asked about tickets in the side sections, there were seats available in B 101-103, and those are GREAT seats, so keep the sides in mind if you can't get tickets close. Fortunately, if you buy early, you should do well.

Hotel: Hotel Newton ($252/night and $300 on Saturday and Sunday). This is the room with 2 beds. Others are cheaper. The reviews looked pretty good and TripAdvisor lists it as #78 out of 350 NYC hotels. Most reviews said it was clean. Bus stops right outside and subway station is a few yards from hotel. The hotel is at 95th and Broadway in the upper West side. I reserved through Cheaphotels.com, but had to pay in advance to get a cheap rate--but I can cancel if nec for $25.

wanda - I hate to bring this up, but.... the BAF Gala in NC is Oct. 18th and Clay's supposed to be there. Not sure if he'll back to Spam for Oct. 19th.

Right now I have tickets for Sept 19th but I'm going to check my school schedule to see when I am off and then try to get more tickets. Unfortunately, I was still processing the news while others were smart enough to get tickets to the last show so I'm hoping some fans bought extras or wind up upgrading or something and sell a couple of those later.

For those who can't afford to see Clay in NYC...you might try to win this:

My Coke Rewards

Good for airfare for 2, two tickets for Spamalot on Saturday, November 8, Dinner at Juniors, and accomodations at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel.