SPAMALOT Rewind

annabear

OK don't have any tickets yet but I'm planning to go after xmas and stay until the last show. And eeeeeeeeee yay Ansa is hoping to come for part of that time as well. I haven't started doing anything yet but will soon. Looking for roomies!!

I'm seriously trying to talk my friend into going at this time as opposed to our original end of Oct. timeframe. The hotel prices are soooooooo much better.

If anyone is looking for hotels, I would suggest looking outside the city. I live in NYC and know how expensive things can be, especially hotels! Looking outside the city in New Jersey.

I was smart enough to get on the second I heard the news, even though I wasn't sure if it was confirmed at that point. LOL I figured if Clay wouldn't be in the show, I'd go see it anyway! When I heard it was confirmed I was so happy! I got crappy tickets for Jan 4th because I didn't think to get them the second they came out, but I'll keep looking on Telecharge to see what I can find. I had crappy tickets for May 4th too, so...I wanted good seats for Clay's closing night, this time. :D

Hey there - any New Yorkers - help please!! We are looking at staying right outside the airport (JFK) in Jamaica, and taking the subway in (possibly cab home after). Even with a $50 cab ride, the hotel rates are a third of staying in Midtown. I've heard both good and bad about Jamaica area - but if we stick to our hotel (Best Western) what do you think?

ETA: when I google the area, there are some scary things - but seems to be that if you are right by the airport (which this is) it's not bad. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Personal housekeeping note: I've got 3 extra April playbills (with the OMWH ad) and 2 extra May playbills, unsigned, if anyone is interested. I just ask that you pay postage. PM me if interested. :)

A great place to get reviews and info about hotels, including pricing: tripadvisor.com

OK don't have any tickets yet but I'm planning to go after xmas and stay until the last show. And eeeeeeeeee yay Ansa is hoping to come for part of that time as well. I haven't started doing anything yet but will soon. Looking for roomies!!

I'm seriously trying to talk my friend into going at this time as opposed to our original end of Oct. timeframe. The hotel prices are soooooooo much better.

I'll be there for the last weekend too -- please include me in your plans!!! Eeeeee!

I just read on the Playbillers Spamalot thread that someone is recommending the La Quinta in Little Korea. This is an old post, which we read last Clay Spamalot trip. We thought it sounded good so we booked at the La Quinta for four of us. The rate was $176+tax per room. We took two rooms. We arrived late because of bad weather in Texas and flights being canceled. We managed to get on the last flight to La Guardia before the airport was closed in Dallas. We had reserved rooms at the La Quinta guaranteed with a credit card, so we did not worry about missing the 3pm check in time. When we got to hotel around 6:30 PM, we were told our reservations had been canceled, and they had given our rooms to someone else. There were several other travelers that the same thing had happened to them, both male and female. They were all upset and yelling to the reservations clerks.

Despite the fact that we were four women, it was dark and we had nowhere to go, plus two of us were crying (not me). The reservation clerk offered no help. He said we could go to the basement and use their dilapidated computer to find rooms elsewhere. We had to wait in line because of the people who were ahead of us also canceled and looking for somewhere to stay.

Of course, NY was booked and we could not find anything. We decided that we would just park ourselves in the tiny lobby with all of our stuff. Finally the clerk "found" us two rooms. Miraculously, he found rooms for all the other people congregated in the lobby. We ended up staying there for the duration.

I definitely would not recommend this La Quinta to anyone. It was dirty, had an odor, and the staff had an attitude. It is also almost impossible to get a taxi there also. I have stayed at other La Quintas in other cities and have never experienced anything like this one.

By the way, because we spent so much time trying to find a hotel, we missed going to Spamalot that first night. We did get to do the stagedoor, which kinda made up for missing the performance that night.

Stay away from that La Quinta in little Korea is all I have to say. Because of this experience, I will not stay at any other La Quinta.

I have Spam tix for Jan 3 - 8 pm and Jan 4 - matinee (the only 1/4 show)...

I am looking for a room mate and can book a hotel room, but am hesitant to do it without an interested party to share it with me!

I know of at least one hotel close by the theatre that is not too expensive.

couchie??

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I heasitate to post this anywhere so that the bitchy Clay troll* from the broadway boards does not see it and cause more trouble over there, but

The Flea market for Sept 21, well, it is in Shubert Alley - on the Sunday weekend of Clay's first week at Spamalot - it will be a madhouse. Normally it is crowded, but hen again, Shubert alley gets very crowded with Clay fans on weekends whe hee is there and this should be a beautiful one. I would warn the people who are planning fo fly in from Europe over there, but i fear the troll would get involved and then more unneccessaey hatred would ensue. So be prepared if you are coming that weekend, for a real crowd. I really want to go, but have been in mobs that have stampeded before and may have a panic attack and have to flee. When the stampede occurs, it is a matter of luck of surviving. Well, it should be pleasant when the

*she is supposedly a Clay fan,

Just bringing this over from the main thread:

I seriously think you all should take over the West Side YMCA. My eldest stayed there last summer/fall, $75 a night, private room with a bath and a view of Central Park out her window. She said the cafeteria downstairs was good enough and resonable. The Y was clean and safe. It is several blocks from the Shubert.

West Side Y

West Side Y- a few reviews

I'll start our first 'representing' list tonight when I get home. Too many interruptions here at work for such important info. :)

I hate to seem negative, but the Y seems to be a good 20 blocks from the Shubert!!

A short cab ride, but a LONG WALK! :D

I have Spam tix for Jan 3 - 8 pm and Jan 4 - matinee (the only 1/4 show)...

I am looking for a room mate and can book a hotel room, but am hesitant to do it without an interested party to share it with me!

I know of at least one hotel close by the theatre that is not too expensive.

couchie??

I've added you to the representing list. :) I'd love to say for certain that I'll be there that weekend...

I'm planning on it, but just can't commit to it yet and it's driving me cRaZy!!! :Ahh:

I couldn't handle the New York hotel prices for the weekend I'm going in December the 12th -14th, so I found the Courtyard by Marriott out at La Guardia, which is the airport we are flying into. We are there for three nights and the total for the nights including the tax is $558 (internet is free and I think we get breakfast but that I need to double check). In addition to having a good rate ($161) the room has 2 queens (new Marriott beds), this is a plus if there has to be more than one in a bed. Those doubles can be cozy, no?

I flew into La Guardia in April on the day the pope was doing his pope-mobile thing through town. With driving around all of the blocked streets to get from the airport to 8th Ave and 51st St., it still only came to $30 for the cab. And there is a shuttle from the hotel to the airport and on the weekends they run a shuttle to Times Square for $7.

I found this on the Marriott website....not sure if I got there via kayak or one of the hotel sites. I know I booked it on marriott.com We have been keeping close company this week.

***God, I have to edit....I got one King and a Sofa bed not 2 queens.*** I made 10 hotel reservations the other night and I got a tad confused!

Yes, I am the person who made flight reservations for the wrong day last month.

Thanks for the head's up on that Courtyard, Kareneh! I can get a room Jan. 2-5 for $118/night (AAA disc.) and can cancel up until 6:00 pm on Jan. 2 with no charge!! I'd make a reservation now, but I took all my credit cards out of my purse... must remember to do it tonight.

ETA: Made reservations, so we at least have someplace to sleep. Now to gather the change from the couch cushions for show tickets!

I'll be there for the last weekend too -- please include me in your plans!!! Eeeeee!

Eeeehh!! We'll be there too! Goldarngirl, Preden and I....and maybe me myb!

We need to make arrangements for a family :lol: dinner at Carmine's or sumthin'!

Anyone have any extra tickets for sale? I bought tickets for everyone but me, and am now having problems getting single tickets for the performances from Jan. 1-4th....so if anyone has anything for that timeframe, let me know.

ACK! I'll be looking for tix for those shows too, but I can't do anything about them yet. :( Hopefully I'll be able to find something last minute.

Count me in for dinner at Carmine's - I LOVE that place!

EEEEEEEEE!!! It's almost time!!! :twinklewhore:

My travelmates & I will be arriving from Newark on Thurs. evening. We won't be going to that show, but should be checked in and around the Shubert by the time the show lets out. Anyone up for meeting up after the show, maybe heading over to Junior's for cheesecake or coffee or a drink?

EEEEEEEEE!!! It's almost time!!! :twinklewhore:

My travelmates & I will be arriving from Newark on Thurs. evening. We won't be going to that show, but should be checked in and around the Shubert by the time the show lets out. Anyone up for meeting up after the show, maybe heading over to Junior's for cheesecake or coffee or a drink?

Just look for me!!! I'd love to go somewhere for a drink!!