#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

There's a bunch of stuff already converted to mp4 for iPods at Clack Unlimited, clayzy. :)

I recommend the Tyra interview 'cause he was verra verra CUTE! :flirtysmile3:

Thanks for the recommendation. :D Also, the reason I was asking about conversion was because I was hoping to put his Idol stuff on my 'Pod and I didn't see any .mp4 versions of those.

Is something other than .mp4 iPod-compatible? I'm sorry if I sound kind of slow... when it comes to computers, I'm pretty much illiterate.

Thanks again!

ETA: I got a new iPod today that has video capabilities. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to change .wmv files to iPod-compatible or is it not possible?

And... does anyone have any good Clack suggestions? I can't wait to put stuff on my shiny new toy!! Thanks so much! :goaround:

I haven't used it, but I have this media converter bookmarked. It can change the format of files you've already saved on your computer into .mp4's.

I'm a big fan of all of Clay's Kimmel appearances, so those are definitely worth downloading. Clay's always very funny with Jimmy, and his musical performances were all very good.

Whee, thanks, bottlecap! :BlowKiss:

Now to put this little brain to work and figure out the media-converter... hah!

couchie...??? :lilredani:

Did you find your glasses?

bwah...no I didn't. Fortunately for me I have an appt scheduled for Nov 26th for an eye exam so this was on my plate this month. But I managed to call and scoot right into an afternoon appointment. So I have my prescription - just waiting for payday (wed - actual glasses not covered on my health plan - just the exam) to actually buy the dang things. My lenses are so thick complicated that they usally cost hundreds of dollars....and I need to get two pair this time so will look for some sort of buy one get one free or half price special. TMI Jamar? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Hope I can last all week cuz ater I saw the prescription these little walgreen specials are way off the mark.

It's Monday.....

cafemochavodkavalium.jpg

yeah that.

I think I'll go listen to Clay for awhile... I need to de-stress.

ETA: OOOH thanks Thankful..there used to be one around here...I'll look them up.

Awww... *pats Couchie* My father has horribly complicated glasses as well, so I have a bit of an idea of how hard it is. (I also wear glasses, but they just correct my dang nearsightedness.) I hope the rest of your week gets better.

ETA: Thanks, luckiest1! I probably wouldn't have looked there.

clayzycoffin, I just noticed your little saying and your from, whatever the heck any of that is called (you're not the only one who is computer illiterate). They are funny and adorable. Hope to get to meet you one day and give you a big old hug.

clayzycoffin, I just noticed your little saying and your from, whatever the heck any of that is called (you're not the only one who is computer illiterate). They are funny and adorable. Hope to get to meet you one day and give you a big old hug.

Awwwww... Thanks, justclay12. :big hug:

I gotta warn you though. You only think they're cute because they're directed at me. The meanie-friend part of me also directs them at others. :cryingwlaughter:

And they change all the time. Totally entertaining. :friends:

Clayzycoffin, you haven't seen a lot of KAndre's travel recaps yet have you? Meanie-friend stuff can be pretty entertaining, when I'm not the one being picked on. :hysterical:

Couchie, my friend got glasses at Costco. She said that they had very inexpensive frames and she saved a lot of money. You might check that out too.

:blush: I didn't even know people were noticing that stuff! I always change those kind of things on a whim.

And, actually, I have seen KAndre's recaps, but I just didn't think of it. (There's a shock! :o) I'm not the only meanie-friend? Awww!

I'm back from Houston and Austin, back from the sun and warmth to cold and grey and pelting rain the night I returned. I miss Texas.

The night before I left I had dinner with KAndre, merieee and Scarlett. Delicious varied sushi buffet. It's a wonder I didn't burst. And such a fun evening though too short. It was such a treat to meet up with fans who are so enthusiastic, dare I say, obsessed with OMC and then to be propositioned by KAndre's GPS when she got me back to my daughter's was the icing on the cake.

I do miss the almost daily video and photos we were having from Spamalot until recently and missing the excitement that I was feeling this time last year when I was looking forward to seeing him at the Minneapolis concerts. Sigh!

Maybe it's time for me to do some Clack organizing and deal with the hundreds of photos that I have been unable to resist right clicking and saving.

Couchie, my friend got glasses at Costco. She said that they had very inexpensive frames and she saved a lot of money. You might check that out too.

I bought my last pair at Costco. Cost me $180 for nice frames with ultralight lenses, scratchproof, no line bifocals. At the chain eyeglass place I used to go to something similar cost me $400.

My son bought four pairs on line for around $200. He claims that the chains buy them on line and mark them up. Sorry if anyone is an optomotrist.

Time to order wreaths as follows has been extended to November 17

Christmas wreaths

This is an official BAF fundraiser. The wreaths are very reasonable and include shipping in the price

I'll be glad to help anyone if they wish to order a wreath. The BAF can make from $9 to $13 per wreath.

I just found this over at CV and it is well worth watching.

This is worth watching. What got me the most was when he asked "What is it to you?" because really, how does allowing someone get married affect any of us in any way. However, I think the ones who actually need to watch this are probably watching Fox news and trying to figure out how to overthrow the government. Narrow-minded people seldom want to be educated because it's so much easier for them to continue on in their rigidly held beliefs. Thankfully things seem to be getting better in some ways in each generation. I read where Obama had won some states because of the young voters so that gives me hope that this generation is more open-minded than some of their parents and grandparents.

I just found this over at CV and it is well worth watching.

Wow!!! That's all I can say... just ... Wow! I am officially, in front of witnesses, in love with Keith Olberman! Not Clay love, but nevertheless... Wow! Thanks for bringing that over! I don't get cable and would never have seen/heard that.

...and thanks so much for the location info as well! We're at the Milford Plaza; the address is 700-8th Ave. So I guess that would be Manhattan/Times Square/8th avenue between 7th and 8th streets?

That would be 8th Avenue between 44th and 45th. Which is important for the driver to know because 44th is one way going one direction, and 45th is one way going the other. Most importantly, eeeeeeeeeeeee - have fun!!!

I just meant how would ANYone who was a visitor to NYC and staying in a hotel know this info.

They wouldn't. It adds to the adventure. :cryingwlaughter:

And just think, afterwards you can say " I did it"! Back in April I went on a couple of forays on my own. I felt very brave and only got lost in Harlem once! I've been telling all my friends of my ( not so) daring exploits braving the subway at midnight. Yep, sure not in Kansas anymore!!

Couchie, Just last week I discovered contact lenses to correct stigmatism. Literally a revelation! I now have contacts for special occassions (or when I can be bothered) that allow me to actually, you know,SEE!

Oh my I was having withdrawal symptoms!!!!!

Since I just realised how much I missed the board, it got me to thinking....I know a dangerous thing!

Well.....anyway...isn't it about time we had another fundraiser/donation thingie (yes I believe that is the technical term) to keep this board up and running?

That was strange. I think the entire Invision was down as I couldn't even log on to the website to place a trouble ticket. And when I tried to call all I got was a busy signal. Glad they're back! Glad we're back!

Jamar...I don't envy you at all. Have fun!

Merrieeee: thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it so much but we're ok right now. If a bailout is ever needed, I'll let you know :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: