#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

It actually comes from Star Trek, that I know of anyway. Captain Kirk, that eternal stud, had many stories written about him with women. But some also paired him with the rest of the staff of the Starship Enterprise -- the most infamous pairing was with Spock. Kirk/Spock. And thus, slash was born.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on it.

Wow. I'm glad I asked. That Wikipedia article WAS interesting...thanks for the info! Certainly, I'd never considered the actual "/" as the reason for the word 'slash'! D101! :cryingwlaughter: I'm glad to find out that it's such an innocent thing....whew! :unsure:

Heh heh. "Slash" has such a bad rap, it's not just you, ausdon, who thinks that. I like that RHT (and hopefully eventually CV) are just using M/M or M/F to label the stories.

So, no reports from the Gypsy of the Year thingy yesterday?

Good Morning Everyone,

26 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

48 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh boy a "reputable" magazine has a article[/snark]

From The Star:

The stars have aligned for Clay Aiken.

In the Dec. 22 issue of Star — on sale Wednesday — we report that along with his new baby and new life out of the closet, the former American Idol star has a new boyfriend to enjoy it with! The lucky fella? Broadway dancer Reed Kelly.

"Everybody knows Reed as Clay's guy," a Broadway insider says of the Wicked ensemble member. "Clay met him when he was doing Spamalot in early 2008, and that's one of the reasons he came back to the show again."

They even appeared together at Rosie O'Donnell's Building Dreams for Kids gala last month. "It was obvious they were a couple," a partygoers says.

For all the details on their romance — including Reed's role in helping to raise Parker and their holiday plans (which include Clay's baby mama/BFF Jaymes Foster — pick up the new Star on Wednesday.

Ha akim we must have got the same Google alert*g*

The Reed/Clay story has been picked up by The Star...that didn't take long!

The stars have aligned for Clay Aiken.

In the Dec. 22 issue of Star — on sale Wednesday — we report that along with his new baby and new life out of the closet, the former American Idol star has a new boyfriend to enjoy it with! The lucky fella? Broadway dancer Reed Kelly.

"Everybody knows Reed as Clay's guy," a Broadway insider says of the Wicked ensemble member. "Clay met him when he was doing Spamalot in early 2008, and that's one of the reasons he came back to the show again."

They even appeared together at Rosie O'Donnell's Building Dreams for Kids gala last month. "It was obvious they were a couple," a partygoers says.

For all the details on their romance — including Reed's role in helping to raise Parker and their holiday plans (which include Clay's baby mama/BFF Jaymes Foster — pick up the new Star on Wednesday

I for one am delighted that Clay is in a relationship. Not sure how many of you feel about the entire coming out, but I think that Clay appears to be so much happier and so confident with himself; even more than he already was.

I say good for him. If he's happy then that is all that matters to me.

I for one am delighted that Clay is in a relationship. Not sure how many of you feel about the entire coming out, but I think that Clay appears to be so much happier and so confident with himself; even more than he already was.

I cannot agree with you more. :14:

One of the admins (couchie) should know. Admins (couchie) knows everything! Mods are pitiful. And lazy. But I think it's 50 posts for the next thing, which I don't actually remember what it is.

As for Clay, the important thing is that Reed is cute! Yay!

I am deeply, deeply shallow. Deeply. If Clay is going to indulge my fantasies, I need him to pick up a (or several - I'm easy) hot guy(s) so I can be in a hot guy sandwich.

I cannot agree with you more. :14:

Me too! I just want for Clay to be happy and loved by someone who appreciates him for the wonderful guy that he is.

I am torn about this Star thing and any other press attention. On one hand I know that Clay is a private person and even though he has come out, I don't know that he wants his private life splashed all over the press. However, if they did indeed go to the Rosie's Kids thing together then Clay knows it would be a possibly. Maybe he doesn't care and if so good for him! On the other hand, I think its good for him to be seen with people at public events even if its just casual dating or just friendship, if for no other reason than to present a public image of a typical gay guy not as weird or strange as he has battled in the past. Clay is in the public eye and for that reason his personal life may never be entirely private and that is something I think he has come to understand and to be okay with to a certain degree. Moreso as much as I do not want to chase off fans, there are some people in the fandom (at least at the OFC) who seem okay with him being gay so long as he doesn't act it or talk about it. I have a problem with that because its just not fair to him. It was his right to self-identify when he didn't say he was gay just as its now his right to self-identify that he is gay. And he should not temper anything about himself in that regard just to make others more "comfortable" IMO. I have always loved him for who he is and that will never change. I want him to be free to be who he is and feel comfortable to be himself.

Claylily... :welcome10: or Welcome back, whichever applies! :cryingwlaughter:

I don't know all the numbers, but I know at 51 your name changes to the next level, Body Guard... a position much to be desired. I just moved to Executive Producer at 1001. Isn't that a big help???

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm going with IIT... I'm good with it if Clay's happy! I'm happy if Clay's happy! I wonder if the fans discovering Clay's picture at Reed's myspace set off this revelation. I don't really believe the "insider" crap cause I know they make stuff up right and left.

Claylove... WORD!!!

Ahem...admin checking in...

dog walker 0

body guard 51

personal manager 501

Executive Producer 1001

Chairman 2501

Stylist 5001

Baby Sitter 7500

I think that last designation is new, but rather cute. Hee.

claylove, your post is spot on, especially this:

I have always loved him for who he is and that will never change. I want him to be free to be who he is and feel comfortable to be himself.

Other than that...nuthin'. I just haven't had a whole lot to say lately.

IIT I'm happy for Clay. But it is the Star and I don't think I've ever believed them before. Reed is a cutie, so that would make two cuties. Well not counting Parker who is super cutie.

I hope that it's PR promo and that Clay wants it known, IIT, otherwise I still hate the Star. :lilredani:

Kinda missed the IIT. :thbighug-1: