#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I have a google alert on Clay Aiken

Prez Hilton's blog was sent to me in my e-mail

I didn't click on it

But you perpetuate it. It's very easy to say to your friends, do NOT send me these things. The circle has to stop somewhere.

Just my opinion, of course.

ETA: Not upset - just personally very tired of it. You (and me, and everyone else) are free to post whatever you like. I (and you, and everyone else) am free to respond.

Google alerts are over rated - anything worth reading (IMO) will be posted on the boards.

couchie - that's a gorgeous picture!! gorgeous kids - gorgeous setting!! Where was all that snow??

Regarding Reed and his newfound popularity:

He is a Broadway actor, and I think his attitude would be "the more publicity the better" - call me crass but I would think he would be welcoming of the added attention he has garnered by his association with Clay. It would be naive of us to think that our interest in anyone even remotely connected to Clay doesn't give that person, place or thing a leg-up in the Q-factor index.

Case in point, the Broadway Cares auction. Another case in point, the bolstering of Spamalot in general. Interest in Hannah, Rick, Tom, Eric Idle, all things Monty Python, the list goes on.

Back to Reed for a second, since he is a Broadway actor, he really doesn't know why you are recognising him, he just notices that you do. It really could be for any number of reasons.

~~~

Well....... in the continuing saga of the Virus Remover 2008 and resulting mayhem, I have removed some of the damage by running the VRG virus scanner and SpyHunter programs. But it didn't undo all the problems. I was able to access them thru the Task Manager Browse function, since I have no taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

--Then I tried accessing my home page and got a real shock! All the links were in RED and there was a notice at the top in RED saying, Your Computer is at risk, run a virus scan on whole computer. That was scary. So I am running another virus scan, and I called my computer guru and he can hopefully come over tomorrow afternoon. (For those of you who thought I was a computer guru - WRONG!!! This is way past my expertise!)

Love all the pictures! I am staying away from sendspace and photobucket links for the time being tho, as I don't want to get the virus on my laptop!! Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. :BlowKiss:

how do you do that?

All I want is news on Clay so I set up a google alert and that is what I got

a bloggers thing

sorry I am done

my intend was not to upset anyone

no one is upset.. blunt perhaps...but not upset. We are in year 6 of being in the clay fandom..this is small potatos really. I think we've all learned a bit of perspective about it all by now.

With google alerts comes the good and bad. Really without google alerts you wouldn't miss anything if you're active on a clay board. I still get them but I can read a line or two and know whether to click. I rarely click on good or bad..mostly because I get them once a day and I've already read the important stuff here.

sick of me yet? I like this no going to work stuff.

chacha..I'm not sure..I'll have to ask where they were..and hell I just assumed my brother in law took it..heee maybe I'll ask that too.

well I was active on ClayAiken.com but I was the one who seemed to be bringing all the news from those google alerts.(that board seems so dead right now).

It took me a while to learn what I should click on or not. And still sometimes I guess wrong.

I'm sure there are many people who have pictures which for one reason or another might embarrass us. Clay has no control over who takes his picture or what they do with it. Would it be better if he just stayed home all the time and was afraid to go out? He has made great strides in becoming more outgoing and comfortable just being himself in the public eye, something I still have a hard time with.

Someone took it upon themself to put these pictures up on their facebook or whatever and so of course Clay is to blame for this. The picture can also be interpreted that she grabbed his hand and put it on her chest.

Tribeca, you might explain to your niece that the picture cannot explain exactly what happened. Only those who were there know the facts.

Its always something in the Clay world. I just try not to make any judgements about him. I don't know him other than he is a very charitable man who is amazing with kids and wants to change the world for people with disabilities. :8:

IMO- Clay was never one to mind coping a feel. I've always thought he was touchy, feely and all that. He's a big cutup; that's what I think. I was thinking of all his good friends and how they just love him so much. That says to me that he must be a darn, nice guy.

People just are drawn to him.

I love the thread title - No shit!!

Haven't even begun to catch up, but I'M FINALLY HOME - MY bed, MY pillows, MY shower, MY cats! :hahaha:

Loved seeing everyone again & meeting some new faces! :BlowKiss:

Sad that Spam is over, but happily looking forward to whatever's next. Need some dinner & a hot shower, then to catch up before real life - aka work & school - start kicking my butt again tomorrow. Later!

Tribeca, it's tough to lose a friend over something like this. I understand that you don't feel the way they do--you can't control other people's feelings, but it still hurts when they are hurt. Sometimes people build Clay up as a goody-goody type that he obviously isn't, and then are disappointed to find out that he's bawdy and risque. Anyway, I hope she'll stay in touch with you regardless of her feelings about Clay.

Hi all,

All I see in those pictures are a group of friends having a good time; Fear I agree with your post. I said before that I think some people are okay with Clay being gay as long as they don't have to see him being gay...I think these pictures probably make it real for some and they can't handle it as much as they thought they could.

Glad to see everyone made it home safely and had a great time in NYC...hope I can see some of you when Clay tours!

Kim

Public service announcement: In honor of Clay's breast exam.

(Sorry I don't know the author)

For years and years they told me,

Be careful of your breasts.

Don't ever squeeze or bruise them.

And give them monthly tests.

So I heeded all their warnings,

And protected them by law.

Guarded them very carefully,

And I always wore my bra.

After 30 years of astute care,

My gyno, Dr Pruitt,

Said I should get a Mammogram

"OK," I said, "let's do it."

"Stand up here real close" she said,

(She got my boob in line),

"And tell me when it hurts," she said,

"Ah yes! Right there, that's fine."

She stepped upon a pedal,

I could not believe my eyes!

A plastic plate came slamming down,

My hooters in a vise!

My skin was stretched and mangled,

From underneath my chin.

My poor boob was being squashed,

To Swedish Pancake thin.

Excruciating pain I felt,

Within it's viselike grip.

A prisoner in this vicious thing,

My poor defenseless tit!

"Take a deep breath," she said to me,

Who does she think she's kidding?!?

My chest is mashed in her machine,

And woozy I am getting.

"There, that's good," I heard her say,

(The room was slowly swaying.)

"Now, let's have a go at the other one."

Have mercy, I was praying.

It squeezed me from both up and down,

It squeezed me from both sides.

I'll bet SHE'S never had this done,

To HER tender little hide.

Next time that they make me do this,

I will request a blindfold

I have no wish to see again,

My knockers getting steam rolled.

If I had no problem when I came in,

I surely have one now.

If there had been a cyst in there,

It would have gone "ker-pow!"

This machine was created by a man,

Of this, I have no doubt.

I'd like to stick their "you know what's" in

there,

And see how they come out!!

OK gals, now that you have had your laugh, remember...

Breast Cancer Awareness...

Go have those boobs checked out and stay healthy!

Pass the message on to your mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts,

Gee, I thought more people would be upset over the fact I said Clay looked like a girl in that one picture than that I thought some (and I wasn't referring to anyone in particular - here or elsewhere so no one needs to be paranoid!) were getting a tad carried away and not necessarily respecting boundaries when it came to Reed and Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

Looking at someone is one thing. Reed was standing with Nick outside the theater as we walked in and I made sure I took a good long look! But IMO approaching someone is wrong. If Clay were sitting in a restaurant and someone went up to him to say hi and chat, we would probably all be up in arms! It is just as wrong - and maybe more so - with Reed. Let's face it. None of us would give a hoot about Reed if news of his having some association with Clay hadn't leaked! He is not a star on Broadway, but even if he were, IMO a celebrity out on their own time should be allowed to enjoy their evening (or day or whatever) without being bothered.

But whatever. I think its wrong to bug total strangers just because they know someone you lust over like! With some (again I am not referring to anyone specific here or elsewhere) I swear they are trying to feel closer to Clay - like perhaps they are part of his inner circle - or maybe trying to live vicariously through Reed.

Of course, everyone can do whatever they want. I am not judging, just expressing my opinion, But I have to tell you, I am surprised just how in the miniority I am this time!

As for the next step in Clay's career. When I make predicitions I am almost always wrong, but I am expecting a LONG silent spell. And I think it would be a good idea. Thing is, touring IMO would not be fiscally feasible any time soon. I do believe Clay needs to sit down with his advisors and figure out how to become less of a celebrity - known more for his hair, his coming out, his having a baby with his 50-year old producer, his odd clothes etc. - and more for his talents such as, you know, singing! And that may mean in some way, laying low for awhile and then re-emerging slowly and carefully. I KNOW most won't agree with me here, but I don't think a tour would serve any purpose in furthering his career. Might make some of "us" happy, but then inevitably when he didn't come near others, the bitching would begin again. So FOR ME and me alone, I would rather he skip touring any time soon and put some effort into revitalizing his career.

Of course, if he tours, I am so there........

Gee, I thought more people would be upset over the fact I said Clay looked like a girl in that one picture than that I thought some (and I wasn't referring to anyone in particular - here or elsewhere so no one needs to be paranoid!) were getting a tad carried away and not necessarily respecting boundaries when it came to Reed and Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

Nah, that's so yesterday. But you keep on trying! :hahaha:

I stopped getting Google alerts 2 years ago. They are not necessary, IMO, or even worthwhile. If it's important, we'll be discussing it already!

I'm prepared for a long "drought", as they say, but I'm not really convinced it's going to happen. We've got Golfing For Inclusion & the Celine Dion thing coming up. If there is going to be a summer tour (and I believe it's a distinct possibility) we'd probaby hear about it by March at the latest. That's not really so far away. And in the meantime, we've got clack. Tons of it from the last 5 years, and there's no one here that can honestly say they've seen it all. I know I can't, and I watch my fair share!

CG I thought I read that only oine person approached Reed. Is that not correct? Did a number people do that? If so, then I'm outraged along with you--but if it was only one or two nutcases, well, that's pretty much to be expected. Out of all the people in attendance, you would expect a few lunatics.

Clay's career--I'm not sure that I see eye to eye with you on this as it seems to me as though his career is going along very well. He has had a very good run on Broadway--with good reviews--and that's nothing to sneeze at. A-listers frequently do Broadway runs to garner legitimacy for their talents--so I think that his run has served him well. I don't think there's much advantage to any public figure to take time out of the public eye. I remember reading that Garth Brooks built a following by touring non-stop for about 4 years. Whatever he decides--I'm SO there.

As for Clay looking like a girl--I'm resisting the temptation to say anything non-PC, but I'm laughing very hard at the effort it's taking me. :hahaha:

(I would love him in drag.)

Tom signed my niece's poster of Clay. A really nice tall lady made sure he would get it (this was before we knew if Clay was going to SD or not so she had it ready). Tom said something about signing Clay's crotch. Funny but I guess he did realise it was for a 12 year old (she laughed so I think I will be okay w/her mom on that one). Than LOL came out. Wow she looks so different on stage and off. The nice tall lady again made sure my niece's poster is signed. The LOL said something about signing Clay leg.

I love tall people :)

The tall lady you need to thank is SueReu (I believe she posts on CV).

I was actually thinking I was imagining it because NOBODY was commenting. Glad to know this was actual footage of "the Clay ass".

NOW.......where is the close up shot of this that someone HAS to have. Bring it on !!!!!! :cocktail:

Getting there! Getting there! Have to work for a living, y'know? As I was clicking like a mad thing, I think I at one point verbalized the "fine ass" picture I had just gotten...sure cracked up the lady next to me, anyhoooo....:hysterical:

Looking at someone is one thing. Reed was standing with Nick outside the theater as we walked in and I made sure I took a good long look! But IMO approaching someone is wrong. If Clay were sitting in a restaurant and someone went up to him to say hi and chat, we would probably all be up in arms! It is just as wrong - and maybe more so - with Reed. Let's face it. None of us would give a hoot about Reed if news of his having some association with Clay hadn't leaked! He is not a star on Broadway, but even if he were, IMO a celebrity out on their own time should be allowed to enjoy their evening (or day or whatever) without being bothered.

But whatever. I think its wrong to bug total strangers just because they know someone you lust over like! With some (again I am not referring to anyone specific here or elsewhere) I swear they are trying to feel closer to Clay - like perhaps they are part of his inner circle - or maybe trying to live vicariously through Reed.

Of course, everyone can do whatever they want. I am not judging, just expressing my opinion, But I have to tell you, I am surprised just how in the miniority I am this time!

Re the bolded....if it makes you feel any better...I just expect it now. :shrug:

In respect to Reed, I think there is a fine line; certainly, I wouldn't walk up and introduce myself. The man doesn't know me, Clay doesn't know me and I'm 100% certain Reed couldn't care less who I am. BUT....I think it would have been 110% AWFUL if in fact everyone in the room had just turned their backs and pretended he wasn't there. Kind of like the people who refuse to "see" someone with a disability, you know? In their efforts not to stare, they make things actually worse.

I think it would be/is absolutely fine if those that "met" him (Claylove) in the course of passing by, or were in the row in front of him, or whatever~simply met his eyes and smiled and said "Hi" or "excuse me" or whatever and acted like they would with any other normal human being...which he is! Gosh.

Oh, my goodness, you mean that picture was construed as "grabbing" "gropping" or whatever??? He was just being playful, I'm sure, like most men are. Anyway. IMO Clay probably is Bi not Homo and doesn't realize it or something, cause he sure does like females. LOL

who's upset?

I haven't exactly seen a bunch of talk on this here.

Since only one person approached the guy, I just don't see the big deal because really he got off easy. I thought it was rude but really since he wasn't hounded I just can't get worked over it or form some big opinion on it. Let's just say it could have been worse. I expected worse. So I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I'd love to see a tour - now or whenever. I'll just get myself together for whenever the next thing hits and be ready for it. I have no expectations. I'm sure no one would have guessed Spamalot before he did that. I look forward to whatever IT is. I actually don't know how a tour hurts him while going away helps him. I think actually going out and singing can only help a singing career. To me, thinking outside the box on HOW to do a tour would be a good thing to do. Bands with fanbases of all sizes tour or performs. If he wants to hit small venues, I'll be there. If he wants to set up in one location for a stint of shows, I'll be there. I don't see him on the club scene but I bet everyone here can list a reasonable sized venue in their town that Clay could play. Personally I think TV will be the key for him and re-introduce himself that way. But another Broadway show would be fine too. I am just open to anything..and really I'll leave the long range planning to Clay and his team. I live for how to spend my money on him today and tomorrow. :hahaha: All I know is that each year has gone by has been quite fun for me. We've been very lucky IMO... cuz I have liked other artists and most just haven't given me as a fan so many opportunities to see them.

ETA: I'm sure Reed knew a lot of eyes were on him. It's just something he has to get used to if he is gonna be hanging around Clay. That's just reality. And I bet he's been well informed of that fact by Nick, Jaymes and everybody else around Clay. And he is an entertainer..who knows..maybe one of these days the shoe will be on the other foot.

Wandacleo: funny AND good advice.

wandacleo that was funny! :hahaha:

couchie said:

But another Broadway show would be fine too. I am just open to anything..and really I'll leave the long range planning to Clay and his team. I live for how to spend my money on him today and tomorrow. All I know is that each year has gone by has been quite fun for me. We've been very lucky IMO... cuz I have liked other artists and most just haven't given me as a fan so many opportunities to see them.

:yeahthat:

Tribeca, have you thought of just giving your niece a link to the Clayboard? I understand it is PG-13. Sometimes the posts here get raunchy, too. The Clayboard might be more fun and less stressful for her!

Long-range planning - it can be fun, but I hate it when people make his plans for him, and then he evidently doesn't get their memo, and goes off and does something else - and then of course he is making a BIG mistake. Which then is blamed on Jaymes or Clive or Faye or his management.

I just like enjoying what happens!

Oh, my goodness, you mean that picture was construed as "grabbing" "gropping" or whatever??? He was just being playful, I'm sure, like most men are. Anyway. IMO Clay probably is Bi not Homo and doesn't realize it or something, cause he sure does like females. LOL

Getting people to "get" homosexuality is hard enough. I figure most people don't even bother trying to explain when they're a lot this and a little bit that. :cryingwlaughter:

Way to join the conversation :hahaha: and welcome!!

who's upset?

I haven't exactly seen a bunch of talk on this here.

Too true - we don't have to replicate every debate other boards have.

MHO, and I'm in Clay Aiken withdrawal mode so it's probably best to scroll: (don't say I didn't warn ya)

On the "disrespectul to women" thing...

I think it's disrespectful to women to presume that they would react to situations in exactly the same way we ourselves would. I'm not Merle but she's a big girl and can think for herself and can speak up if she's not comfortable. She looked fine and everyone else seemed to be having a great time.

Hey, maybe it's a Lady of the Lake ritual and it would have been "disrespectful" to Merle if she'd been skipped -- LOL!

And that goes for Reed too. If he's feeling "bugged" he can do something about it. I don't feel a need to get creeped out on his behalf. I'm responsible for myself and my personal "creepiness meter" tells me not to engage strangers but there will always be some "enthusiastic" one who will try. I saw it when it happened but I spent my Spam time enjoying the show instead of letting anyone creep me out. Reed has a phone and probably has Jerome's number on speed dial.

BTW, if I had had a picture like Merle's taken purposefully and it bugged me so much that I couldn't let it go, I would've talked to the "friend" concerned. No one can put you in an awful position unless you let them. If someone remarks, "why can't you just take a joke?" tell them calmly that "No, it's not a joking matter to me." If they were really your friends, they would've understood. If they didn't, it was a good opportunity to find out what sort of people they were and how they regarded your feelings.

If it's difficult to explain a picture like that to a particular 12 yo, it's way past time to bite the bullet and start explaining away. At 12 years, kids are in middle school and pictures like that are very accessible to middle schoolers and if it hadn't happened today, it'll happen tomorrow on another thing.

I don't know how to "stalk" a website -- websites don't go anywhere and aren't websites put out there in order to get clicked on? What's the use of putting up a public website (and updating it constantly) if you don't want people to look at it?

btw, nice people like Clay (who have had their share of difficult times) get made fun of here. While I don't do it purposefully, mainly because it's a waste of time to give feedback to people who can't read or hear what you say, I don't think it's a fair thing to ask this for "nice friends who have left the fandom." BTW, I'm also very nice and have had a tough year but there's this bunch of wimmen who make fun of my driving skills all the time. (and I :heart: them)

Most people who have differing opinions aren't upset, they just have differing opinions.

It's probably more useful to run virus scans while the computer is disconnected from the internet and booted from the Anti-virus CD instead of the internal hard drive (ie. change the boot options so that the CD is first in the boot order list)

I'm also not upset if anyone thinks Clay looks like <insert whatever>. I know he looks like Apollo/Michaelangelo's David and I am confident that others will eventually agree -- we have ways of making you vote for us, or at least of making you abstain.

Hi all,

All I see in those pictures are a group of friends having a good time; Fear I agree with your post. I said before that I think some people are okay with Clay being gay as long as they don't have to see him being gay...I think these pictures probably make it real for some and they can't handle it as much as they thought they could.

Glad to see everyone made it home safely and had a great time in NYC...hope I can see some of you when Clay tours!

Kim

I dont even get how he is "being gay" in those pictures..he looks completely the same as always to me lol I guess I dont know what it takes to be gay.

(that was my way of agreeing with you..a big so what lol)

anyways, Im safe and sound in California..

p.s I dont think Clay looks a bit like a girl...but I have never seen a picture where he looks like a girl to me so...there ya go lol

If your computer is all in red and says you have to run a particular virus software - that IS the virus. I do have to laugh at all the emails I get, or popups, that ask if they can rummage through my PC for problems. Yikes!

And word! to Miz Scarlett.